I have to be honest, the battery on the 9930 is really disappointing. I came from droid and all I heard was BATTERY LIFE BATTERY LIFE BATTERY LIFE......well, RIM needs to do something with this issue. People can say all they want, but the battery life stinks. Good thing I charge throughout the day, but the few days I was out of the office the battery lasted 8 hours without surfing the internet. The wireless was on, but this is sad. Throw in the crappy camera and the device is somewhat disappointing on those two fronts. The speed and messaging is amazing though. I still like it but its not that much better than my droid.
    09-03-11 11:05 AM
    I switched from the droid incredible 2 which had good battery life. This device has much better battery life IMO. I can understand where you are coming from as I am missing a lot of featured that my droid had and the bold dose not. But the important features I want are in the bold.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-03-11 11:12 AM
    get a battery that is made in japan. I am a heavy user and get about 400 emails a day. battery is good.
    09-03-11 11:29 AM
    yeah I keep reading about people with bad battery life..I am up and running for 6 hours now and am at 90% and that is after downloading apps, bbm and texts, and a few phone calls. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones!
    09-03-11 12:30 PM
    Battery life is all over the place because everyone has differnt things running on their device. Some claim days while others are dead on only 6 hours or even less!
    09-03-11 12:34 PM
    another battery thread? really?

really?
    09-03-11 12:45 PM

really?
    Yes really
    When should the threads stop ?
    When RIM makes a phone with a good battery life
    This wasn't the case with 9700,9780,9000 people didn't come to the forums to complain about the battery lifee

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 01:35 PM
    I'm not noticing any difference with this BB as compared with my iPhone 4 and Droid X.
    09-03-11 01:38 PM
    I have yet to experience worse battery life than my Droid X. If I just THOUGHT about sending a text I would lose 10% battery. Ha.

yauchunh likes this.
    09-03-11 02:44 PM
    I have been running for 11 hours now and sent multiple texts, bbms, tweets, taken and uploaded pictures and I have 70%.. I came from DroidX and am very pleased with my battery life.
    flash24 and yauchunh like this.
    09-03-11 02:47 PM
    Use your phone like normal. Make sure you completely frain the battery a few times and then fully charge it. I haven't shut down anything on my phone and just properly working in the battery has led to pretty good battery life on my 9900 after 5 days.

09-03-11 03:00 PM
    get a battery that is made in japan. I am a heavy user and get about 400 emails a day. battery is good.
    How many emails do you send per day, if you don't mind me asking?
    09-03-11 03:03 PM
    Yes really
    When should the threads stop ?
    When RIM makes a phone with a good battery life
    This wasn't the case with 9700,9780,9000 people didn't come to the forums to complain about the battery lifee

actually...

1. the 9000 has crap battery life when it first released

2. 9700/80 had 1 a bigger battery... also had half the processing speed, half the resolution on the display

with a faster bigger processor comes more battery drain, same goes with the screen... the battery is also a smaller capacity... welcome to superphones...

the sad thing is, technology keeps going and going, yet battery tech has come to a screeching stop... he tech in batterys has not advanced at the same pace of other techs which is sad... there has to be better tech out there for batteries
    09-03-11 04:36 PM
    when I first got the device it was great.....3 weeks in and its sucking wind.....also, when I hit the "back" convenience key my device takes me to a screen ive never seen before..it doesnt back out to the home screen. It backs out to a screen with only 7 icons and I see the screen om trying to back out of behind this screen...is this a setting issue? this just started and is ony curable by a battery pull......what am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by nomoredroid; 09-03-11 at 07:24 PM.
    09-03-11 07:21 PM
    Do you have to manually close out of apps on a BlackBerry still?
    09-03-11 07:24 PM
    Do you have to manually close out of apps on a BlackBerry still?
    its not just apps....its texting email, every screen.....im sure its something I have set wrong but its very annoying. The back key doesnt back me out of anything. it brings up a screen with other icons
    09-03-11 07:33 PM
    Use your phone like normal. Make sure you completely frain the battery a few times and then fully charge it. I haven't shut down anything on my phone and just properly working in the battery has led to pretty good battery life on my 9900 after 5 days.

This is the best way to kill a battery.

Lithium ion batteries do not have a memory and should not be allowed to drain completely.

Lithium ion batteries last longer if topped off frequently. They also cannot be overcharged.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-03-11 07:38 PM

really?
    yup...the "famed" battery of the blackberry is now an issue just like droid. Its sad to say, but the bold has become competitive with the iphone and droids for speed, but taken a huge step back with battery.....

and another issue I have is the inability to send videos.....every time I try to send a video it says "exceeds maximum size allocation".....this is for a 5 second video!! WTF??
    09-04-11 11:31 AM
    Can you send the video over WiFi? When I'm uploading large HD videos to YouTube from my device I also have to use WiFi.

Not sure what the size limit is. Pretty large.

09-04-11 11:33 AM
    I have been running for 11 hours now and sent multiple texts, bbms, tweets, taken and uploaded pictures and I have 70%.. I came from DroidX and am very pleased with my battery life.
    lol because I helped tweaked some settings
    09-04-11 01:31 PM
    lol because I helped tweaked some settings

Hahaha, that is you! I didnt even put 2 and 2 together! Whoops! HIIII! lol
    09-04-11 04:15 PM
    Can you send the video over WiFi? When I'm uploading large HD videos to YouTube from my device I also have to use WiFi.

Not sure what the size limit is. Pretty large.

I can upload to u-tube fine but I cant send it in an email or text.....its ridiculous
    09-04-11 07:25 PM
    We asked for Droid specs and got them. Now we're upset that we're getting the Droid battery life that comes with the specs?

Personally, I'm very pleased with the battery life of my 9900. I would say that it is comparable to my Torch 9800. However, direct comparisons are difficult because I now have a PlayBook also and a lot of the things that I was doing with my phone (internet browsing, watching movies, reading books) I am now doing on my PlayBook at least some of the time.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-05-11 08:45 AM
    yeah I keep reading about people with bad battery life..I am up and running for 6 hours now and am at 90% and that is after downloading apps, bbm and texts, and a few phone calls. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones!
    No, you're one of the REAL one's. The bad battery folks are so full of crap it isn't funny. If they checked all the Effing apps they have running and constantly updating data, etc. they'd figure out it's their use of the device that is sucking battery life.

I'm getting 20-30% BETTER battery life with my Bold 9930 over the Storm 2 with it's huge battery, so all this bad battery life stuff is NOT the fault of the device or RIM.
    09-05-11 09:18 AM
    No, you're one of the REAL one's. The bad battery folks are so full of crap it isn't funny. If they checked all the Effing apps they have running and constantly updating data, etc. they'd figure out it's their use of the device that is sucking battery life.

I'm getting 20-30% BETTER battery life with my Bold 9930 over the Storm 2 with it's huge battery, so all this bad battery life stuff is NOT the fault of the device or RIM.
    Not true....If I get 8 hours I am lucky. This is with very little if no internet browsing and Twitter and Facebook set to manually updates. No weather apps or anything running in the background. Basically a couple phone calls and a few emails along with a decent amount of texting. So while some of you are getting great battery life some of us are not. I would get about 4 more hours a day out of my 9650 and that was getting fb and twitter updates every hour..... So thats REAL also!!!!
    09-05-11 11:40 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD