I am looking to get a 9930 but I want to use it on AT&T because of the faster speeds.

What type of 9930 do I need? Is there a certain version?

Thanks for any help

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk on the Verizon Network
    05-29-12 11:34 PM
    You need an AT&T branded 9900.
    Sauk#CB likes this.
    05-29-12 11:37 PM
    You need an AT&T branded 9900.
    Or any 9900 aside from a T-Mobile version.
    05-29-12 11:38 PM
    What they are saying is the 9930 is on some creepy Verizon/Sprint radio frequency that guts the phones capabilities and won't work on ATT. The 9900 runs on normal GSM and will not only be faster, but will allow simultaneous voice and data. There are 5 or 6 different versions of the 9900 and any will work on ATT. T-Mobile versions will only get edge speed, other non ATT versions might get you full speed, but you have to futz with unlocking, etc. So yeah, get a ATT branded one and keep your life simple.
    Sauk#CB likes this.
    05-30-12 01:26 AM
    What they are saying is the 9930 is on some creepy Verizon/Sprint radio frequency that guts the phones capabilities and won't work on ATT. The 9900 runs on normal GSM and will not only be faster, but will allow simultaneous voice and data. There are 5 or 6 different versions of the 9900 and any will work on ATT. T-Mobile versions will only get edge speed, other non ATT versions might get you full speed, but you have to futz with unlocking, etc. So yeah, get a ATT branded one and keep your life simple.

im on T Mobile and i get 4G

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-30-12 03:52 AM

OP wants a Bold on AT&T though. They are just telling him that the TMO 9900 while GSM does not support the frequencies needed with AT&T to get full data speeds.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    Sauk#CB likes this.
    05-30-12 04:02 AM
    Okay. Great information. So basically they are the same phone just different carriers. Did not know that.

Thanks again for the information. Looks like a nice phone. I use a iPhone 4s right now and just looking for a change up.

05-30-12 09:21 AM
    I am looking to get a 9930 but I want to use it on AT&T because of the faster speeds.

What type of 9930 do I need? Is there a certain version?

Thanks for any help

You need a Blackberry Bold 9900 from AT&T, Bell or Rogers (or any other carrier that sell the same Blackberry Bold 9900 that supports the 3G frequencies used by AT&T), if you are getting one which is not from AT&T you will need to unlock it.
    If you will buy the 9930 and use it with a T-mobile US or AT&T, the frequency bands are not supporting those that used by those carriers for 3G so it only works for 2G
    Sauk#CB likes this.
    05-30-12 09:44 AM
    Thanks. Yeah I believe it will be a 9900 then.

05-30-12 10:21 AM
    Thanks. Yeah I believe it will be a 9900 then.

Yes, it should be a 9900, but make sure it is not a T-Mobile 9900. It won't have the proper 3G band(s) for AT&T use.
    Sauk#CB likes this.
    05-30-12 10:24 AM
    If you have AT&T, the carrier branding to avoid is: T-Mobile, Cincinnati Bell, Mobilicity (Canada), Wind Mobile (Canada).

Beside AT&T branded devices, devices from Bell, Telus and Rogers (all from Canada) will support AT&T's 3G frequency bands.
    Sauk#CB likes this.
    05-30-12 10:29 AM
    If you have AT&T, the carrier branding to avoid is: T-Mobile, Cincinnati Bell, Mobilicity (Canada), Wind Mobile (Canada).

Beside AT&T branded devices, devices from Bell, Telus and Rogers (all from Canada) will support AT&T's 3G frequency bands.
    Well said!
    05-31-12 12:16 AM

I don't believe you, Tmobile and ATT do not run the same 3g network (BB doesn't get LTE so their '4G' is still just HSPA+.

Could you show us a few pictures; the signal, the about screen, the phone itself with branding?
    05-31-12 12:33 AM
    I don't believe you, Tmobile and ATT do not run the same 3g network (BB doesn't get LTE so their '4G' is still just HSPA+.

Could you show us a few pictures; the signal, the about screen, the phone itself with branding?
    Chillax dude. You misunderstand. Decaf is your friend.
    05-31-12 01:31 AM

oh god, not this argument again......

HSPA+ is considered 4G by current carriers that have it. yes, its not true 4G and yes its not LTE. but BB devices running on HSPA+ will display either "H+" or "4G" on their displays.
    05-31-12 01:38 AM

What's wrong with t mobile? They are rated high where I live

05-31-12 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD