Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 9900 won't sync/connect to DM after failed 7.1 attempt!

Ok first off I'm a blackberry noob who has had iphones for the past 5 years and decided to make the switch. Within days I decided to go for 7.1 but before I did I downloaded DM and sync'd it all up with that. I then proceeded on messing up, deleting all my contacts, apps, etc. I soon gave up after BBSAK wouldn't find my "usb" connection and tried to restore the 7.0. It loaded it on but wouldn't sync contacts, and now it says it can't even recognize my phone. My phone works fine, yet DM cannot find me, and I really want all my contacts and access to DM. When I try to do a sweep/reload OS it works but gets stuck in the reboot phase, where my bb works, but won't sync.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    534 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phudlow12 View Post
    Ok first off I'm a blackberry noob who has had iphones for the past 5 years and decided to make the switch. Within days I decided to go for 7.1 but before I did I downloaded DM and sync'd it all up with that. I then proceeded on messing up, deleting all my contacts, apps, etc. I soon gave up after BBSAK wouldn't find my "usb" connection and tried to restore the 7.0. It loaded it on but wouldn't sync contacts, and now it says it can't even recognize my phone. My phone works fine, yet DM cannot find me, and I really want all my contacts and access to DM. When I try to do a sweep/reload OS it works but gets stuck in the reboot phase, where my bb works, but won't sync.

Sorry to hear you are having problems. I hope you backed up your phone using DM. If so, you should be able to restore the data once you get it working properly again. You cannot connect DM and BBSAK at the same time. bbdevmgr.exe allows only one connection. If BBSAK is running, DM will not be able to connect. What do you mean by sweep/reload?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks for the info on both programs at the same time. When it says it cannot recognize my phone, it asks if I want to upgrade the OS again which I did. Then it runs the install and gets stuck on the "reboot" and eventually says that the reboot failed. The phone is fine, but no DM. I'm going to try it now with only the DM open.

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Still is a no go. If I uninstalled and installed the desktop manager would I lose all my contacts?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

re-installed Desktop manager and bit the bullet on my contacts. only had 80, and only needed probably half of them. works well now.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    330117cb

Normally if DM doesn't connect a reboot of both will fix the issue and I have found an easier way recently as well. If you run task manager and end task anything related to RIM then DM should recognize your device after you restart the app. Works for me every time now and been doing it for about a month.

Hope this helps for future issues if you have any.
    BlackBerry Q10 and Z30 -- Playbook 64GB -- #FOTM - BlackBerry Fan of the Month for August

@Flash0p
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

Open device manager on windows....and uninstall the blackberry driver (check remove driver checkbox also) ..sorry if wording is not exact...

once the driver is uninstalled, I click on scan for hardware changes and it reinstalls the driver and walla your DM will recognize the phone again....

no need to uninstall/reinstall DM
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    ( ͡•_͡•)

You now know the importance of backing up your device with DM. You will be able to use that backup file to restore your personal data - like your contacts. I don't do it all that often, maybe once a month or so, but it's nice to know I have a fairly recent copy of my contacts in case something goes wrong.
    “When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free.” C. Ponder

101 Lecture Series