I have just installed the latest 7.1 leak on my Bold 9900
    i'm on T-Mobile uk but i am unable to use the wi-fi hotspot

When i try it, it says "Activation Required Click continue to subscribe to a mobile hotspot data plan isomg the browser on your smartphone or on a connected wi-fi device."

But there is no "Continue" button? just "ok" ..and when i click on ok nothing happens?

Is there any settings or anything somewhere that i can change to make it work?

Also does anyone know of any way to get free hot spot or free tethering?
    01-12-12 03:33 AM
    I have exactly the same issue using the 7.1 .190 version. I am on T-mobile UK. Hope someone can help with this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-12 12:57 AM
    Exact same issue i had when i installed the latest 7.1 leak on 9900...ive gone back to 540 as my battery drain on idle was stupidly high..5% just sitting there doing nothing.

I dont think Tmobile are blocking mobile hotspot because on my iphone4 which is also on tmobile, i can use the mobile hotspot whereas on my 9900 i cant seem to get it working.

Would be nice if someone has managed to get it working and let us know how we can enable it.
    01-13-12 06:57 AM
    Same issue here. Can this be resolved with a Service book hack ?
    01-18-12 06:03 PM
    im receiving the same problem.

i feel like i wasted my time upgrading to 7.1

really want the mobile hotspot feature
    01-24-12 06:10 AM
    rang up tmobile uk, they said I need to buy another add on, but they couldn't confirm if hotspot would work. they did confirm that it would work with the usb cable.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    01-24-12 08:18 AM
    Hi everyone,

I called Tmobile UK last week and the customer services rep supposedly added on the wifi hotspot functionality to my mobile account (without any additional charge). However following numerous restarts (including removing the battery) of my 9900, I still get the same 'Activation Required' message.

This is so annoying to say the least; I will call t-mobile again to see if anything else can be done. If I have no luck with it, I will consider moving down to a more stable 7.0 version. Btw, I am currently using 7.1.205

I will let you know how i get on...
    01-25-12 03:08 AM
    Hi everyone,

I called Tmobile UK last week and the customer services rep supposedly added on the wifi hotspot functionality to my mobile account (without any additional charge). However following numerous restarts (including removing the battery) of my 9900, I still get the same 'Activation Required' message.

This is so annoying to say the least; I will call t-mobile again to see if anything else can be done. If I have no luck with it, I will consider moving down to a more stable 7.0 version. Btw, I am currently using 7.1.205

I will let you know how i get on...
    thanks keep us updated.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    01-25-12 04:12 AM
    WOOOOW, t-mobile uk have said that 9900 cant be used as a modem or tether!.....
    01-27-12 08:00 AM
    I had the same issue here in the US but got around it by replacing the Hotspot cod in 205 with the one from .74.

If you search this thread you will find a link where you can download the .74 cod
    01-27-12 08:49 AM
    I had the same issue here in the US but got around it by replacing the Hotspot cod in 205 with the one from .74.

If you search this thread you will find a link where you can download the .74 cod
    i can confirm i have tried and i still am receiving the same issue
    01-30-12 01:21 PM
    apparently someone has got it working:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...orking-677988/
    02-20-12 04:13 AM
    I got the same message of "Activation Required" using v7.1.0.258 on Torch 9810 in T-Mobile UK.

I phoned them today and they said that "Personal Hotspot" is not supported by them yet.........
    02-21-12 07:18 AM
    I have same problem with 9900 and OS 7.1.0.267. I select Mobile Hotspot from the Manage Connections screeen and after a while of connedcting it gives me the message Activation Required. I am on Blackberry enterprises Server so already have a 1GB data package with the phone and can successfully use it as a modem for my laptop with Desktop manager.

I phoned T-mobile and they said that they would enable tethering. That was half an hour ago. I have not received any network notifications and mobile hotspot is still not enabled. Any more ideas ?
    02-23-12 09:41 AM
    I have same problem with 9900 and OS 7.1.0.267. I select Mobile Hotspot from the Manage Connections screeen and after a while of connedcting it gives me the message Activation Required. I am on Blackberry enterprises Server so already have a 1GB data package with the phone and can successfully use it as a modem for my laptop with Desktop manager.

I phoned T-mobile and they said that they would enable tethering. That was half an hour ago. I have not received any network notifications and mobile hotspot is still not enabled. Any more ideas ?
    hi mate

your wasting your time with this. i was literally on the phone to tmobileuk for 2 hours. i escalated it to every technician possible. they added tethering, they refreshed my account, made me delete my service books and reset my host routing table. trust me i tried everything.

they are saying that because this is not a tmobileuk official version they dont support it.
    02-23-12 10:35 AM
    B****cks

I appreciate your guidance and it looks like we will have to wait for the official release. So, given that you are many hours ahead of me on this do you have a suggestions for how to use the blackberry in a wired way as a modem on an android tablet device ?
    02-23-12 11:21 AM
    Thanks for that and I appreciate your guidance. I guess we will have to wait till the spring for the approved version of OS 7.1 to be released - darn it !

So, given that you are many hours ahead in terms of your research do you have a suggestion for how to use the blackberry as a modem on a tablet device in a wired way ?
    02-23-12 11:25 AM
    Thanks for that and I appreciate your guidance. I guess we will have to wait till the spring for the approved version of OS 7.1 to be released - darn it !

So, given that you are many hours ahead in terms of your research do you have a suggestion for how to use the blackberry as a modem on a tablet device in a wired way ?
    something really weird has happened, i have a personal account with tmobile and a business account. when i put my business account number within my bold 9900 the hotspot feature works with tmobileuk.

i got speaking to a senior technician again and he escalated this to blackberry engineer level.

i got a call back saying they have seen on the network that i am running ver 7.1.267 and this is a cracked unofficial version and the will not support or give any advice. they wouldn't give me an answer as to why it worked with my business sim etc either.

so brickwall.com lol

as for using your phone as a modem you need to switch on the tethering package which is free however they have a booster for �5 which gives you unlimited internet.

not sure how it works but i take it you plug it in to your computer and go to your network options and choose your blackberry. should be as easy as that.
    Last edited by a13xgh; 02-24-12 at 05:22 AM.
    02-24-12 05:19 AM
    Ok you have got it working then, that is hopeful. mine is a business number and account. I have BES and therefore there is no reason why the device should not share the internet access. Where did you enter your account number ? and do you mean the account number that is on the phone bill ? Many thanks
    02-24-12 06:03 AM
    Ok you have got it working then, that is hopeful. mine is a business number and account. I have BES and therefore there is no reason why the device should not share the internet access. Where did you enter your account number ? and do you mean the account number that is on the phone bill ? Many thanks
    sorry i meant business simcard
    02-24-12 06:19 AM
    mmmm - you have lost me ! start again. are you able to tell me what you have done so that i can replicate pls
    02-24-12 06:37 AM
    mmmm - you have lost me ! start again. are you able to tell me what you have done so that i can replicate pls
    i have 2 phones - i took out the simcard which is the business contract and placed that simcard within my bold 9900 and it worked fine.

weird

hope thats clear
    02-24-12 09:38 AM

That is what I plan on doing�switching the cod for hotspot from the. 74 leak to the. 267 one. Was the hotspot cod the only thing I switched out? If not, what other cods did use change? Did that work to still allow free hotspot? Thanks.
    02-24-12 10:39 AM
    Im on O2 in the UK currently on the leaked .267 and mobile hotspot works perfectly ...it does pop up with a message stating that additional charges might apply for its use and to check your data plan for applicable rates ... but since .267 is not an official release on 9900 can they actually brick your phone for using it?
    02-24-12 07:06 PM
    Same issue here on t mobile UK v7.1.0.247, Although im using a 9790 thought I would post here as theres no info on this on the 9790

Looks like all we can do is wait.
    03-16-12 04:53 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD