Is it there any difference between the torch 2 nd bold 9900 screen resolution, which is better and why?.

Thanks.
    07-05-11 10:01 PM
    I am still on the fence
    I do like my Torch, BUT I so love the look of the 9900, so I think it is going to be heavily based on which is released when I am ready with cash, and at what price both are,

a couple of things that might factor in as well is 3rd party support, will the Torch2 get an extended battery which the Torch 1 didn't? will the 9900 get an extended battery?

What will the otterbox have made, to go with?
    my complaint with my torch very much is cases, the candybar devices are better.
    'I hate torch cases too and that's why my torch is naked, i haven't found a good case that doesn't mess either the top buttons or the slider. I'm still getting the new T2 regardless. 9900 is just too large for me
    Last edited by SmakBerry; 07-05-11 at 10:13 PM.
    07-05-11 10:10 PM
    And I do, thanks. But my point was that many BlackBerry users prefer the Torch because they like the virtual keyboard and the larger screen versus the 9900.
    May I suggest a 9860 my goodman.
    07-05-11 10:20 PM
    Ill most likely be sticking with my 9780 unless crackberry has another give away lol

However if I could get either the bold or torch 2 I think I would go with the 9900, the form factor screen resolution and processor make this the ultimate bb imho.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-11 10:37 PM
    Why can't I just have this freakin phone already????? 9930 that is....
    07-05-11 11:26 PM
    I'll most probably be holding on to my 9780 (only one week old) until the QNX devices drop next year (or the year after)

The 9900 sure is tempting. Its size and keyboard really is great, having been a former 9000 user. But OS7 does not excite me much. And I prefer the look of my 9780. If only 9900 kept the look of the 9780 but the size of the 9000, I'd definitely buy. Who knows, I might just decide to get one but for sure I won't be one of the early adopters.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-05-11 11:37 PM
    4. This next one is minor but I think worth mentioning since bb users like to customize their bb's. I have speed dials for everyone I call regularly. With the 9900 you will just push the key you assigned but with the Torch there is the extra step of sliding it open first. Minor but I've thought about it several times. Hmmm...
    I had the same problem when i switched to the Torch, then I purchased GesturePad and assigned it to the side button and that completely solved the problem, best app for the Torch!

I really love my Torch, will buy Torch 2 as soon as it comes out...
    07-06-11 12:00 AM
    If you prefer a larger screen with a virtual keyboard, an iPhone may be a better choice.
    Why would you post this? They are comparing blackberries to blackberries, go compare apples somewhere else.
    ignites likes this.
    07-06-11 12:12 AM
    I prefer the Torch, because reading sites on the Torch is easier - the long portrait view is quite alright.

The keyboard isn't as nice, but not a deal breaker for me.

To me it's amusing hearing people calling for a landscape slider instead - you just can't type one handed.

If only they find ways to reduce the weight...

07-06-11 12:25 AM
    I'm thinking the 9930 on big red if I need more real estate I go to the playbook

07-06-11 12:34 AM
    The Torch is a bit of a fattie. The 9900 will be thinnest ever.
    Will the Torch 2 have exactly the same dimensions as the T1? I have the cradle and the case and that would make a difference to my purchasing decision, I think.

Also, does anyone know whether the T2 has the same 'toughened glass' as the 9900?
    07-06-11 02:22 AM
    Like many here have indicated, my first BlackBerry was the 9000. I currently own a 9700 / PlayBook and my wife a Torch while my original 9000 serves as a back up device for the most part.

I know many of you may be waiting on the QNX superphones but I beg to differ.

Since owning the PlayBook, I feel the PlayBook has bridged the gap between these two different OS worlds, thus I don't have the urge to wait for a QNX superphone or at least a first gen one at that. The PlayBook serves as perfect "extension" to my 9700. The problem is that the 9700 is underpowered and the browser problem just gets to me at times! (I am running OS 6 on it). With that being said, I feel since the 9900/9930 is the BlackBerry most of us have been waiting for and should be the perfect choice for reasons already outlined by others in this thread.

I've never been to fond of the Torch, but my wife swears by it. The problem is everytime I ask her if she uses the keyboard she always answers no. So I believe that's where the Monza/Monaco come into play. To date, the torch has been the best touch screen experience on a BlackBerry. When these new "Touch Devices" are released, I believe the Torch series could be weeded out. Keep in mind the keyboard experience on the Torch is not what it should be!

Just my 2 cents
    djjohnson likes this.
    07-06-11 03:01 AM
    Totally agree!
    07-06-11 03:51 AM
    No matter if you like the 9900 or the 9810 the biggest difference is how different the devices are with the faster processor. It sets it's self apart from all past Blackberry devices with the new CPU. OS7 has it's advantages, too.

I am amazed how fast pages load up and the smooth buttery movement of pages on the screen with a flick of your finger. Touch even comes in handy on the smaller 9900 screen, more handy that I thought it would be.
    07-06-11 05:58 AM
    Greggebhardt what device did you have before the 9900? and how does the browser and overall UI compare in it's smoothness and speed?
    07-06-11 06:04 AM
    uuummmm.....Greg.....my love.....you sound like you already have one of these babies...or am I reading you wrong?
    07-06-11 06:04 AM
    uuummmm.....Greg.....my love.....you sound like you already have one of these babies...or am I reading you wrong?
    I think Greg was that eBay buyer for $1000 lol
    07-06-11 06:06 AM
    soooooo envious..........
    07-06-11 06:41 AM
    If I had to choose, it would be the torch just because I'm used to the larger rotating touchscreen with the torch...BUT the 9900 does look WAY more baller....I'm still holding out for the all-touchscreen blackberry though...
    07-06-11 06:56 AM
    I think Greg was that eBay buyer for $1000 lol
    Not. They are preorder and will not result in getting a 9900 any time soon

Greggebhardt what device did you have before the 9900? and how does the browser and overall UI compare in it's smoothness and speed?
    Like I said the CPU makes such a difference in the entire operation of the device.

I can not lie. You are reading me perfectly.
    07-06-11 07:03 AM
    'I hate torch cases too and that's why my torch is naked, i haven't found a good case that doesn't mess either the top buttons or the slider. I'm still getting the new T2 regardless. 9900 is just too large for me
    Naked is always good!
    but I like the options of a good case, which the torch doesn't give me.

I will need to check the 9900 in my shirt pocket, the 9000 was a little large but I think the thickness will make it an acceptable size
    07-06-11 07:37 AM
    I can not lie. You are reading me perfectly.
    Congrats Greg... you beat me to it, again!

07-06-11 07:40 AM
    Thanks Phill.

Sorry, but I can not resist when opportunity knocks at the door.
    07-06-11 07:44 AM
    Pictures!!! Please.

07-06-11 08:03 AM
    Pictures!!! Please.

With out a doubt. Just need a little time but no later than this PM
    07-06-11 08:08 AM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD