Hi everyone! I just joined the BB family with my first BB, the 9900! I really love the phone! I came from an iPhone 3G and just love the BB environment and atmosphere much, much more.

That said, let me head right to my situation

• I have an unlocked T-Mobile 9900 Bold being used on the Mobilicity network.
    • T-Mobile's Software is Build 1315, Mobi's is Build 1672

My questions:
    • Am I allowed to run Mobi's build on the device, even though it's a T-Mobile phone?
    • The T-Mobile phone came unlocked out of the box, will I lose this if I update with Mobilicity's software?
    • Since my phone is already unlocked, is there a way to find the unlock code?

Thank you so much for your insights! I'm looking forward to using BB's for many years to come!
    10-11-11 01:06 AM
    Hi everyone! I just joined the BB family with my first BB, the 9900! I really love the phone! I came from an iPhone 3G and just love the BB environment and atmosphere much, much more.

That said, let me head right to my situation

• I have an unlocked T-Mobile 9900 Bold being used on the Mobilicity network.
    • T-Mobile's Software is Build 1315, Mobi's is Build 1672

My questions:
    • Am I allowed to run Mobi's build on the device, even though it's a T-Mobile phone?
    • The T-Mobile phone came unlocked out of the box, will I lose this if I update with Mobilicity's software?
    • Since my phone is already unlocked, is there a way to find the unlock code?

Thank you so much for your insights! I'm looking forward to using BB's for many years to come!
    You can install any 9900 software bundle on your phone... just delete the vendor xml files (search the forums on how to do it).

You will not lose your unlock... and there is no way in finding the unlock code to my knowledge but you won't need it anyway since the unlock is permanent you will not lose it by doing software updates
    NathanielB likes this.
    10-11-11 02:50 AM
    Thanks for your insights!

Cheers,
    Nathaniel
    10-12-11 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD