Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy 9900 stuck in reboot loop, any way to salvage contacts?

i know this is a common problem, and if i'm lucky i'll be able to reinstall the OS, but my question is.. is there ANY way i can save my contacts and other data, or is it all gone?
    my last back up is a month old from when i installed .440, (and thanks to RIM blocking Blackberry Protect in the UAE, i haven't been able to use that in a few months, so no live back up either: http://tinyurl.com/bbprotect-uae )

any help would be really appreciated

Thanks
    Bold 9700 - 6.0.0.615
    Playbook - 1.0.6.2390
    CrackBerry Addict

Unless you use an app like google sync I don't think there will be anyway. Maybe when you reinstall the OS it'll back up the info on the phone and load it if the data isn't lost.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

i just loaded .540 using loader.exe with the battery out at first, then plugged the battery in when loader tried to "reconnect to JVM"
    seems my 9900 is back to life, albeit without my old data
    Bold 9700 - 6.0.0.615
    Playbook - 1.0.6.2390
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by DXBLouie View Post
    i just loaded .540 using loader.exe with the battery out at first, then plugged the battery in when loader tried to "reconnect to JVM"
    Good hear it came back to life at least. Just back it up with the month old backup file. At least you'll have some info back instead of starting completely over. Google sync work really well for backing up contacts also.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by DXBLouie View Post
    This also worked for me... but sorry to say no way to get your contacts back. I am on my 6th bold and feel your frustration on this issue. Now I back up every single day since you just never know!