Well I woke up this morning and my phone was working fine, put it in my pocket then a few minutes later, I find it constantely rebooting. I'll get the blackberry logo and name and the status bar barely starts, then the red light turns on and it starts all over again.

Ive tried everything. Pulling media card and sim. Reformatting media card. Using loader.exe to quickly "catch" it. I even tried using JL Cmder. Nothing works. Ive tried everything on this forum that I found. Can anyone help???
    10-17-11 07:12 AM
    Happened to me a few weeks back and this worked for me.

1. Open loader.exe but don't plug in your phone, get to option screen where you usually select your phone for the loader to flash this should be greyed out with nothing to select.

2. Take the battery out of your phone and plug the USB cable into the phone and you should see your phone appear, quickly press next and reload the OS.

(Don't forget to put your battery back in once your phone is recognised by your PC)

Hopefully this works for you.
    10-17-11 07:23 AM
    Happened to me a few weeks back and this worked for me.

1. Open loader.exe but don't plug in your phone, get to option screen where you usually select your phone for the loader to flash this should be greyed out with nothing to select.

2. Take the battery out of your phone and plug the USB cable into the phone and you should see your phone appear, quickly press next and reload the OS.

(Don't forget to put your battery back in once your phone is recognised by your PC)

Hopefully this works for you.
    Tried that for at least 6 hours. Didnt work. But thanks! It always recognizes the device and loads but when it wants to reconnect the phone goes back into infinite loop
    10-17-11 07:51 AM
    Happen to me last friday. I tried so many fixes and nothing worked so its not sent away for repair... What OS are you running out of interest?
    10-17-11 07:53 AM
    Tried that for at least 6 hours. Didnt work. But thanks! It always recognizes the device and loads but when it wants to reconnect the phone goes back into infinite loop
    Sorry to hear that man that does suck, I'm guessing if you can't even load it through loader.exe a BBSAK wipe of the os won't even work for you?
    10-17-11 07:59 AM
    Happened to me a week or two ago as well, plugged into the PC to pull the event log from it as it was booting and found a bunch of exception errors caused by dropbox. I removed that COD manually (Can use javaloader to do this or BBSAK), and everything was good again. Haven't installed it again since that little burp, and haven't seen that particular problem since.

Also if you want to force a load of the OS, pull the battery and plug it in to do the OS load. It will sit at the no battery screen (just an icon) and then start the loading procedure. When it finishes the first part and starts the reboot of the phone and "Waiting for device initialization", then pop the battery back into it (while still plugged in via USB) and it will finish the OS load.
    10-17-11 08:02 AM
    If you guys have a charging doc for the Bold, try charging it on there for a while then see what happens. Check out this thread as well (you might have already looked at this thread but what does it hurt to repost since I don't know): http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lution-590304/

I really hope you guys resolve your issue.

All the best
    10-17-11 08:03 AM
    Happened to me a week or two ago as well, plugged into the PC to pull the event log from it as it was booting and found a bunch of exception errors caused by dropbox. I removed that COD manually (Can use javaloader to do this or BBSAK), and everything was good again. Haven't installed it again since that little burp, and haven't seen that particular problem since.

Also if you want to force a load of the OS, pull the battery and plug it in to do the OS load. It will sit at the no battery screen (just an icon) and then start the loading procedure. When it finishes the first part and starts the reboot of the phone and "Waiting for device initialization", then pop the battery back into it (while still plugged in via USB) and it will finish the OS load.
    Thanks for the tip. Ive tried this but it goes straight into reboot loop when I put the battery in.
    10-17-11 08:48 AM
    [QUOTE=HaTaX;6770134]Happened to me a week or two ago as well, plugged into the PC to pull the event log from it as it was booting and found a bunch of exception errors caused by dropbox. I removed that COD manually (Can use javaloader to do this or BBSAK), and everything was good again. Haven't installed it again since that little burp, and haven't seen that particular problem since.

[QUOTE]

The rebooting occoured on my device when i unistalled the previous version of Dropbox.

Had to re-install the os by luck and wing and a prayer using BBSAK to delete and then loader.exe to reinstall.

Took about half a dozen attempts for it to catch through the rebooting.
    10-17-11 09:15 AM
    10-17-11 12:48 PM
    it happened to me yesterday, tried everything but reloading the OS as I didn't have it. Took the battery out and spent a half hour tracking down this particular OS, put the battery in and god knows why the phone booted up with no problem.
    10-17-11 12:50 PM
    is funny bro same thing is happenigto me if you find a way to solve it pm me as soon as possible i will appreciate it bro......... and i also made a threat about this because i didnt know about yours....
    10-19-11 08:04 AM
    yep i had the same problem a couple weeks ago caused by a wrong version of facebook downloaded and no you cant use safe mode as it reboots before you can click ok to enter safe mode.

Now im far from an expert but i did manage to sort this and from memory this is how i did it

one of the members here tried to help with a solution of plugging into desktop manager and using that to sort it but it didnt work because the phone rebooted before it finished connecting but if you take battery out, connect to pc, run bb desktop manager and put battery back in it will start to connect and fail as it reboots dont click cancel leave the fail screen showing, have bbsak running in the background and as it reboots on bb dm click retry the connection, this for some reason slows down the reboot and gives bbsak just enough time to connect and for you to hit wipe and confirm. you will then get the error no software present message where you can reload using loader.

sorry its vague but it was a couple weeks ago that it happened hope this might help one of you
    10-19-11 12:02 PM
    Happen to me last friday. I tried so many fixes and nothing worked so its not sent away for repair... What OS are you running out of interest?
    I also had the same problem and had to send the phone out for repair yesterday. Good thing I have an old 9000 to fall back on. With all the shyte Blackberry has been going through lately though, I'm feeling like jumping the ship. Not impressed at all.
    10-19-11 12:16 PM

Something very similar to this procedure worked for my VZW 9930. It took about 5 tries to get the OS to load. I inserted the battery sometime after the no battery screen displayed. I got an error message saying boot had failed, or something to that effect. I pressed retry and it worked! Sorry I can't be more specific on the exact sequence. I was in the process of booting up my old 9650 to press it into emergency backup duty when the 9930 came back to life.

The 9930 is running well again. I'm also carrying the 9650 in my backpack just in case. Every 99xx owner needs to be backing up daily. At least until RIM comes up with a fix for this. I didn't. I got caught flatfooted. I lost a weeks worth of job related contact numbers. Shame on me.
    11-22-11 06:04 PM
    This is a very easy fix to your phone, I had the same problem.. lol i was freaking out earlier. 10 mins jobs - use bbsak to delete software and install the new one through apploader.

I wish my phone just had this easy fix, Right now its just lying like a brick on my desk.
    11-22-11 09:41 PM
    11-23-11 01:44 AM

Thank you HaTaX. I was installing DropBox and my 9800 started rebooting infinitely. After googling, using BBSAK and removing that f**king dropbox COD saved my phone. I thought I had to throw it away! This stupid infinite rebooting has happened to me 3 times, all because of installing new apps. Before I was able to enter safe mode by pressing the escape key while boot-up and removing the apps, but this time dropbox totally killed it.

Anyways, thank you! And no more dropbox until BB10.
    09-30-12 05:17 PM
    Thank you HaTaX. I was installing DropBox and my 9800 started rebooting infinitely. After googling, using BBSAK and removing that f**king dropbox COD saved my phone. I thought I had to throw it away! This stupid infinite rebooting has happened to me 3 times, all because of installing new apps. Before I was able to enter safe mode by pressing the escape key while boot-up and removing the apps, but this time dropbox totally killed it.
    When I started reading your post, I assumed you hadn't heard of Safe Mode.
    Then I got to the end�

Rarely hear of such issues where Safe Mode doesn't solve it.
    Good to know. Now I know a potential culprit if helping someone and Safe Mode is no help.
    09-30-12 07:42 PM
    i had the same problem and i used BBSAK to wipe device and install different OS's numerous times but nothing seemed to be working. I went to a local phone shop and he said i should use a new battery. I brought one and my phone hasn't had problems since! Apparently batterys do break often on blackberries which is a shame but hope yours gets fixed!
    10-29-12 11:00 AM
    Hello everyone,

I really hope someone has some advice that will help me quickly - I am moving to another continent in 48 hours and my Blackberry Bold 9000 just got stuck in an infinite reboot loop.

If the battery is in -- plugged in to the wall charger or not -- the red LED light comes on, then the white screen with little running clock starts (like normal boot). But after ~ 15 seconds of the clock running, the screen goes black and red LED light goes on and the whole process starts over. This goes on infinitely unless I take out the battery.
    If I take the battery out and plug it into the wall charger, I see a "no battery" picture on the screen.
    I have no memory card in the phone. I tried taking out the SIM and no difference.
    I don't have any apps installed but about 6 hours before having the problem was on a webpage that said I needed to enable Java/Javascript etc. in order to see the page, so I said ok and everything seemed fine at the time.

I dropped it earlier tonight and the battery came out - it's an old phone and this has happened many times before - it always started back up no problem. This time was no different - the phone booted up normally and worked - I sent a few texts. Then about 15 minutes later, I put the phone in a bag and when I fished it out again it was on this infinite reboot loop.
    Of note, the battery is also old and doesn't last long but had a charge. Finally, the contacts inside the phone weren't great (I had to keep a rubber band around it to keep it held together enough for whatever contacts needed to be in contact, otherwise it would act as if the battery had come out/had no power). Yes, I need a new phone desperately but right now, I need to get all of my contacts out of the Blackberry - it's got tons of information I need in there!

I do not have anything loaded on my computer, etc. I do have the original BB User Tools CD & USB cable for the phone (just never used them) - I'm really (really) not tech savvy about this stuff at all. I follow instructions well, just need them to be clear/detailed - am smart enough, just not tech/phone savvy.

If anyone can help me just get into my phone to retrieve the data that's there, that's all that matters. I don't need the phone to live beyond that.

Thank you all so much!!
    JK
    Last edited by jk4633; 11-10-12 at 09:50 PM.
    11-10-12 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD