this morning i woke up to use my blackberry and for some reason the screen would randomly dim so dark that i can barely see the screen. the display is still visible but js barely, i was playing around with the phone n discovered that in direct sunlight the screen would go dim like as if i locked the screen or something. if it was in the shade the phone would function normally. i powered down the phone n did a battery pull, the phone is working perfectly fine now. ive only read one thread addressing this issue. this is also my first post im very new to this forum, im jw if there are any other 9900/9930 users experiencing the same thing and is this defective model or js a software issue that can be resolved in future updates.
    what do u guys think?

thanks in advance
    Last edited by 604nambo; 09-07-11 at 05:00 PM.
    09-07-11 04:42 PM
    I have the same issue, I'm sure it's a setting somewhere but I just can't find anything that changes it. I've tried all of the display settings including the auto-dim but I'm not having any luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-11 07:41 AM
    If you use auto dim, the screen supposed to turn brighter when it is bright outside, and dim the screen to less bright when the phone is in a darker area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-11 07:50 AM
    I had the same issue. The problem was intermitent, and it got worse over about 1 week. After many forum reads and software fix attempts to no avail I noticed the dimming was fixed by pressing or twisting on the phone. This lead me to believe it was a hardware problem. I had the ear-speaker professionally replaced a few weeks ago, and it was done at the end of the day so perhaps the repair man was in a hurry putting the phone back together and didn't connect the screen properly? I took my phone apart and carefully put it back together, cleaning contacts and double checking connections as I went. It has been 1 week and I haven't had a problem! SO maybe its a hardware issue, or hopefully just a bad connection!
    10-29-12 09:40 PM
    It's likely a hardware issue but you could rule out software by wiping the device and loading a fresh os.
    10-30-12 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD