I have similar problem with 9900

I might make a call and then the screen goes dark

I might send a text message the same thing occurs

Its really frustrating

I went to the local T Mobile shop where I bought mine and they said the only think they could do for me is send it for repairs and they would only give me a courtesy Nokia phone (just normal that I could send and receive text messages).

That really got to my nerves as I am under 2 yrs contract with Tmobile and I'm paying 40 pounds a month for services which includes emails...so why should they give me a Nokia that only sends and receives messages replacing a 500 pounds blackberry? And the manager claims I will have to wait for 1 month to get a replacement!!!

By the way this is my 7th blackberry and never had any problems with others. To be honest Im really questioning myself if I made the right decision buying this new 9900. Its really frustrating....If I knew about the problem first week I would have changed it but Its already 1 month since I bought it so they wont exchange it for me

The screen issue is a big problem and RIM has to address it immediately since they are not addressing it in the blackberry forums.

Very frustrating
    12-29-11 09:30 AM
    Have you thought about performing a firmware/ OS update? Might resolve your issue with no downtime...
    12-29-11 09:50 AM
    Have you thought about performing a firmware/ OS update? Might resolve your issue with no downtime...

I have updated my DM and I think this has to do with LCD as it goes dark for 6 mins and then comes back to life

I could still talk while its dark

Its really annoying and Im questioning my decision to purchase this phone

I'm sure Iphone would have been ideal
    12-30-11 09:27 PM
    I have the same problem.. screen will go dark but phone is still active. I've tried reloading os, wiping it reloading. tried every version and nothing still.. its a joke!
    12-31-11 05:51 AM
    I returned the phone but im told I should get it back in 1 month!
    12-31-11 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD