Ouija speaker!!!
    Lols yup.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    02-18-17 08:58 PM
    I have a question for any Spotify Premium users among our group here (and it kinda looks like we have the busiest group from the looks of things lately)

I would like to know if anyone with a 9900 has set up all their playlists for music in Spotify and then migrated to their 9900 and if everything is laid out good on the 9900's Spotify? I would like to know if there are any issues, like Playlists missing or failure to plays, etc? Just overall, how is your experience using Spotify on the 9900 in 2017?

02-18-17 09:01 PM
    I would like to know if anyone with a 9900 has set up all their playlists for music in Spotify and then migrated to their 9900 and if everything is laid out good on the 9900's Spotify?
    Spotify works -- but either my lists didn't import, or I don't know how to do it...

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    02-18-17 09:06 PM
    Spotify works -- but either my lists didn't import, or I don't know how to do it...

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Shouldn't your playlists all work once you login? Like it should save and remember your playlists I would think.
    02-19-17 01:59 AM
    Good find, I've checked those boxes and hopefully the emails will now subside.

Quote me all you like, ignorance is bliss !
    02-19-17 03:56 AM
    So how many here have ever had an opportunity to use the NFC capabilities on their 9900/9930?

My new Bluetooth speaker is NFC compatable and I thought it would be able to tap and play but even after having checked off the NFC to ON the speaker does not recognize it.

I am going to have to play more with this, it has to be some simple thing I am missing....

02-19-17 03:14 PM
    Hey everyone,
    Just a follow up on my fun with my Bold 9900. I had some time over the weekend to work on getting more of the stuff I need working so I could truly use it as a daily driver. I got eWallet, KeePass 2, Google Authentication, VNC, iSilo, etc all installed and working great. I had to spend a lot of time tracking down an older version of eWallet of Windows so I could get it to sync w/ the Bold. Then I had to re-input all the info, but it was worth it. Everything is working great. Take care.

Steve
    Last edited by kb7sqi; 02-19-17 at 03:42 PM.
    02-19-17 03:23 PM
    So how many here have ever had an opportunity to use the NFC capabilities on their 9900/9930?
    I've only ever used it to transfer data between 2 Blackberry's. I generally found it quite problematic to get 2 phones to recognize each other.
    I have them touching back-to-back and it's really hit or miss even if I try to move them around to try and find the sweet spot.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-19-17 10:08 PM
    I've only ever used it to transfer data between 2 Blackberry's. I generally found it quite problematic to get 2 phones to recognize each other.
    I have them touching back-to-back and it's really hit or miss even if I try to move them around to try and find the sweet spot.

Ok thanks. I won't rely on it too much then.

02-19-17 10:10 PM
    Shouldn't your playlists all work once you login? Like it should save and remember your playlists I would think.
    That's my understanding. Should but doesn't...

02-19-17 10:46 PM

My new Bluetooth speaker is NFC compatable and I thought it would be able to tap and play but even after having checked off the NFC to ON the speaker does not recognize it.

I am going to have to play more with this, it has to be some simple thing I am missing....

In the last months I used my Bold 9900 to pay via NFC in a many shops. Just put the 9900 just like the credit card on the terminal and payment goes! butt there is no many places where I can do this.
    02-19-17 11:28 PM
    Hey everyone,
    Just a follow up on my fun with my Bold 9900. I had some time over the weekend to work on getting more of the stuff I need working so I could truly use it as a daily driver. I got eWallet, KeePass 2, Google Authentication, VNC, iSilo, etc all installed and working great. I had to spend a lot of time tracking down an older version of eWallet of Windows so I could get it to sync w/ the Bold. Then I had to re-input all the info, but it was worth it. Everything is working great. Take care.

Steve
    Sounds like you pretty much use it for a serious business machine, do use any social apps? Or messengers?
    02-19-17 11:32 PM
    That's my understanding. Should but doesn't...

I was hoping to hear a more positive experience for Spotify on the 9900, especially since I just got six months free with this app and I love how I can play my playlist in the car without using any data on premium :/
    02-19-17 11:34 PM
    In the last months I used my Bold 9900 to pay via NFC in a many shops. Just put the 9900 just like the credit card on the terminal and payment goes! butt there is no many places where I can do this.
    Hmm so I assume one enters all their credit card information onto an app or into the 9900 and then you just basically use it as a credit card and tap. You aren't talking about using it as interac or debit transactions I take it.
    02-19-17 11:36 PM
    Sounds like you pretty much use it for a serious business machine, do use any social apps? Or messengers?
    Oh yeah, I have twitter working along with the older 4.3.x version of facebook. Then for instant messaging, I have IM+ Pro going for Google Talk, AIM, & ICQ. And who don't have Tapatalk loaded for quick access to the CB forums? ;-)

Steve
    02-20-17 12:00 AM
    Oh yeah, I have twitter working along with the older 4.3.x version of facebook. Then for instant messaging, I have IM+ Pro going for Google Talk, AIM, & ICQ. And who don't have Tapatalk loaded for quick access to the CB forums? ;-)

Steve
    Yeah that's one thing about the Native Twitter app it's absolutely been perfect never a single problem on my 9900 or my old 9780 for that matter
    02-20-17 12:12 AM
    Yeah that's one thing about the Native Twitter app it's absolutely been perfect never a single problem on my 9900 or my old 9780 for that matter
    I've never been a fan of the stock twitter apps, but it does work great on the 9900. For BB10, I prefer Blaq for twitter & on the Priv, I prefer Plume. I'm not a huge Facebook user, but the 4.3.x version seems to be working fine also.

Steve
    02-20-17 12:25 AM
    I've never been a fan of the stock twitter apps, but it does work great on the 9900. For BB10, I prefer Blaq for twitter & on the Priv, I prefer Plume. I'm not a huge Facebook user, but the 4.3.x version seems to be working fine also.

Steve
    I'm big into Facebook if anything just because for a good messenger and everyone in the world is there usually, my version is 400 13, much older than yours I think but the message inbox does not work anymore and that was a rather recent kill by Zuckerberg for BB OS.

In the past I have tried other apps for Twitter like Twitterrific for example if anything just for the solid blocking capabilities but now even the native app has excellent blocking so I don't find the need to go to other third-party apps. Some just like how other apps navigate.

Blocking does seem effective on the 9900s native app except you can still see what the person says. Blocking on the iOS native Twitter app is actually complete blocking. Trust me when you are relatively political and have over 17,000 followers you better have good blocking capabilities on Twitter ;-).
    02-20-17 12:48 AM
    I was hoping to hear a more positive experience for Spotify on the 9900, especially since I just got six months free with this app and I love how I can play my playlist in the car without using any data on premium :/
    I would love to answer you on this question, but many months have passed since I used a premium account on my 9900 the Spotify app. Now i have Deezer ( similar to Spotify). But one thing I'm sure 100%. When I had created playlist already in spotify account, when I add some song via PC app or browser on PC to the specific playlist, this song sync without problem with my Bold and goes to "offline" mode automatic. So I assume if you create new playlist not via Bold, but via PC it will show automatic in your Bold.
    02-20-17 01:13 AM
    Hmm so I assume one enters all their credit card information onto an app or into the 9900 and then you just basically use it as a credit card and tap. You aren't talking about using it as interac or debit transactions I take it.
    I should be more detailed in my reply. In my case, my carrier(telecom) allows me to have special SIM card with NFC payment. And for this SIM card I have assigned a bank account but only prepaid, so I can use it only by Bold 9900 or any other compatible phone. I have lucky, because this prepaid bank account is in the same bank which I have my main bank account so my money transfer iis ready to use in about 1min on the prepaid account.

There is a amount limit when you pay using NFC and when you are below it, you just put your Bold on the card terminal and the payment goes. Above some amount you need to enter a PIN on the device.
    02-20-17 01:25 AM
    I would love to answer you on this question, but many months have passed since I used a premium account on my 9900 the Spotify app. Now i have Deezer ( similar to Spotify). But one thing I'm sure 100%. When I had created playlist already in spotify account, when I add some song via PC app or browser on PC to the specific playlist, this song sync without problem with my Bold and goes to "offline" mode automatic. So I assume if you create new playlist not via Bold, but via PC it will show automatic in your Bold.
    Thanks, unfortunately I got rid of my Microsoft PC in 2010 and I haven't looked back. That's probably also why the version of OS on my 9900 is so old but it still works good.

I also just learned about having to go online or whatever otherwise you lose your downloaded playlists that you can play in the car. Never quite understood that or how long you have to actually go online to keep it. But now I just do it every day when I can remember to, even for 10 seconds.
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 02-20-17 at 04:15 AM.
    02-20-17 03:12 AM
    I should be more detailed in my reply. In my case, my carrier(telecom) allows me to have special SIM card with NFC payment. And for this SIM card I have assigned a bank account but only prepaid, so I can use it only by Bold 9900 or any other compatible phone. I have lucky, because this prepaid bank account is in the same bank which I have my main bank account so my money transfer iis ready to use in about 1min on the prepaid account.

There is a amount limit when you pay using NFC and when you are below it, you just put your Bold on the card terminal and the payment goes. Above some amount you need to enter a PIN on the device.
    Interesting, thanks.
    02-20-17 03:13 AM
    I sent you (at RJ) a screenshot of where it hangs. In my file system, you can see directories for the Spotify playlists, but they don't seem to load...

02-20-17 03:04 PM
    I sent you (at RJ) a screenshot of where it hangs. In my file system, you can see directories for the Spotify playlists, but they don't seem to load...

Sounds like you guys are trying to get me to re-vive my old Spotify account! LOL Take care.

Steve
    02-21-17 01:05 AM
    Getting download error
    I had problems with Whatsapp a while back.
    Happened while switching from one Bold to another.

Downloaded from this link:

http://beta.whatsapp.com/ota/

( found on Another thread , posted by Shuswap )

Hope it works out for you !
    02-21-17 01:37 AM
8,754 ... 188189190191192 ...