Happy to have stumbled on this thread. For me this is the best device ever made. Blackberry has always been my phone of choice but have been tempted and seemingly have tried every device down the pike. I keep coming Back to BB and to me the 99 is the best of the best. For day to day communication it's efficient, simple and plain old fun to use. I have two new 9900s in reserve, in the box, safe and ready to go if and when needed. Taking no chances.
    idssteve and Berry Happy 2 like this.
    10-22-16 07:36 AM
    Come on dude you know the routine by now, how much did you pay, is it unlocked and let's hope this one doesn't fall through ;-)
    Unlocked. $30 Canadian. It's in bad shape and I'm just going to raid it for the motherboard.

I think we may be hitting a certain point in the history of the Bold 9900 where scarcity may start to become an issue. There used to be a lot more of them for sale on eBay, and there were more parts available.

I have an HP Jornada 680, and trying to find devices or parts now is difficult. When you do find something, it's expensive. I'd kind of like to get an NEC MobilePro 900, but the only ones that seem to be available are either ridiculously expensive or damaged.

It seems we're headed for that scenario with the Bold too.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 10-22-16 at 11:19 AM.
    10-22-16 09:48 AM
    Happy to have stumbled on this thread. For me this is the best device ever made. Blackberry has always been my phone of choice but have been tempted and seemingly have tried every device down the pike. I keep coming Back to BB and to me the 99 is the best of the best. For day to day communication it's efficient, simple and plain old fun to use. I have two new 9900s in reserve, in the box, safe and ready to go if and when needed. Taking no chances.
    Wow nice and cool to hear that. Well now we know how to truly blame for Kim Kardashian's not being able to get a 9900 anymore ha ha

Yeah the keyboard man, it's addictive
    10-22-16 04:41 PM
    Unlocked. $30 Canadian. It's in bad shape and I'm just going to raid it for the motherboard.

I think we may be hitting a certain point in the history of the Bold 9900 where scarcity may start to become an issue. There used to be a lot more of them for sale on eBay, and there were more parts available.

I have an HP Jornada 680, and trying to find devices or parts now is difficult. When you do find something, it's expensive. I'd kind of like to get an NEC MobilePro 900, but the only ones that seem to be available are either ridiculously expensive or damaged.

Hmm I haven't noticed price changes yet but I think maybe it's time to check eBay and Amazon again and see how te supply is. It's always fun to look, and the last time I did everything seemed ok.....

Will hit you back...
    10-22-16 04:43 PM

I hit up eBay.ca and I found nicer 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1477173013.580478.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1477173024.444900.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1477173038.378169.jpgexamples for $45-$60 that look pretty nice. I'm not really noticing a shortage but I mean you're on there more than I am. Looks like batteries went up a couple dollars in price but that's not too terrible. There's lots of keyboard still but I don't know if their original BlackBerry brand ones.
    10-22-16 04:50 PM
    I hit up eBay.ca and I found nicer Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1477173013.580478.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	410437Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1477173024.444900.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	147.5 KB 
ID:	410438Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1477173038.378169.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	154.8 KB 
ID:	410439examples for $45-$60 that look pretty nice. I'm not really noticing a shortage but I mean you're on there more than I am. Looks like batteries went up a couple dollars in price but that's not too terrible. There's lots of keyboard still but I don't know if their original BlackBerry brand ones.
    I didn't mean there was a shortage yet. I was just noticing that the supplies are lower than they once were.

Wowza! That's an expensive Bold. I wonder if there's anyone lurking around here with one of those
    10-22-16 06:49 PM
    I didn't mean there was a shortage yet. I was just noticing that the supplies are lower than they once were.

Wowza! That's an expensive Bold. I wonder if there's anyone lurking around here with one of those
    I've seen that Bold being sold on eBay for years probably since 2012, no one has bought it, it's the same with the 24karet gold 9981, i think it's too late for them to try and sell them at such a high price, though the 9981 looks amazing in 24karet gold. I have actually noticed that the OS7 devices still sell really well on eBay, i watch a few phones and they always sell at a high price if there's a bidding war, i think it's a good thing that so many people still want the phones, but it's sad that app companies are really abandoning the phones, i'll be forced to use whatsapp on my iphone after Dec until i can get the Priv. I watch so much of the Priv reviews on youtube that Google+ sent me a recommended email of Priv videos i didn't watch yet, it made me laugh a little.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-22-16 07:35 PM
    Ya I didn't know if it was the same one or not but then I realized HOW MANY of those can there be out there. See, still options for Kim K

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    10-22-16 08:36 PM
    I just got a "new" 9900 on t-mobile and got it all set up w/email, bbm etc however my google contacts won't sync currently.. All my contacts are saved in my gmail, I am receiving emails and have "allow less secure apps" set to on however, my dang contacts won't sync.

help!

10-22-16 10:23 PM
    Just curious if anyone else has Instagram, if you do check out BlackBerry clubs, search that out and see hundreds of pics of people with their BlackBerries
    10-23-16 01:54 AM
    well my iphone 5C was always struggling with ios10, but now it is a brick. I was deleting a couple apps to clear some space, was reinstalling them (yes they get fat and have to be removed occasionally to make memory space) and I got the apple logo in reboot mode and it is constant. My only hope is that the battery drains overnight and it somehow resets itself and I can charge and get back to normal.

Looks like my 9900 is my only phone now.....

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 10-23-16 at 03:36 AM.
    10-23-16 03:17 AM
    well my iphone 5C was always struggling with ios10, but now it is a brick. I was deleting a couple apps to clear some space, was reinstalling them (yes they get fat and have to be removed occasionally to make memory space) and I got the apple logo in reboot mode and it is constant. My only hope is that the battery drains overnight and it somehow resets itself and I can charge and get back to normal.

Too bad about your 5c. No way to force a reset or anything? Considered joking about doing a battery pull but "mom", our resident conscience here in the breakroom, thinks that'd be poor taste. Looks like embedded battery config strikes again.

I have no clue what's going on with Sammy 7 batts (controller?) but we were just reminiscing here about a damaged & bent JM1 that went "thermo-nuclear" on one of our coworkers. He just popped it out of his 99 and left it to burn on the plant floor. Exciting time, I hear. Lol. The scar is still on the floor. Smell was unmistakable a shift later. His 99 was back in service three minutes later. Lesson learned about using bent JM1s. Lol. They do get abused sharing pockets with keys & change & pocket knife, etc. Lol.

At least your 99 can keep you in contact with reassuring competency. I still solo 99 most nights of the week and feel well served. Its very, very rare that I put off any minor thing until I get back to my "modern" BB10 stuff. In fact, it's way more frequent that I wind up putting off longer messages, spreadsheet editing, etc till I get back to 99 if I find myself without it. I just enjoy stuffing my face while typing TOO much.... Lol. Maybe consumers like their two handed handsets as a weight loss strategy?? Lol. How do they text while eating BBQ??? haha

Btw, I do NOT use my 99's singlehanded capabilities to engage in distracted driving!! ANYone in my company caught doing so will face possible discharge. We take it THAT seriously. BBQ while typing is ok, tho. Lol.
    Berry Happy 2 likes this.
    10-23-16 08:19 AM

Hi Ralph, you've probably already tried this, but if not, press and hold the home and power buttons at the same time for at least 10 seconds -- keep holding them until you see the Apple logo.

I think most of the other iPhone recovery tricks used to involve putting the phone into DFU mode (Apple iOS 10 DFU Mode: iPhone DFU Reset | RecomHub), and then USB tethering to a computer with iTunes or jailbreak software. From that point, you can reinstall the software and restore anything you've backed up.

Bear in mind, however, that the last time I did anything with an iPhone was on iOS 6. So my knowledge is dated.
    10-23-16 09:41 AM
    Yup I have tried all the rebooting procedured and it is stuck on the apple logo, meaning in reboot mode. all night it was like this and it actually drained the battery because it was like this. I didn't want to leave it plugged in in this condition. Last night it did boot up ONCE and I should have used that chance to turn off imessage, because now on the 9900 I cannot text message! I think the issue is either ios 10 or a corrupted Facebook app, because it happened twice now when I was reinstalling the FB app. Too bad if it is toast because I never got to get my $'s worth from the new battery I put into it. I do not have a PC to connect it to, but I am not getting the "re-connect to PC" warning on the screen, it just won't leave the reboot page with apple logo..

Now the REAL problem.....(9900)

My whatsapp is not letting me re-register, and I can live with that and we know what to expect on that BUT my BBM that I still rely on is only showing red "x's" when I message someone. I would like to find the screen where you are able to re-enter your BBID again just to confirm that I did it properly, but it isn't popping up again so I assumed that I did it correct the first time.

I am thinking of removing BBM and trying again.

10-23-16 09:54 AM
    so for 2 hours I am seeing this after trying to reinstall BBM....

Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    10-23-16 12:16 PM
    best of luck. my ipod 5th gen acts up sometimes, but i always found the home and power button long press eventually got it working.

i don't like os10. my ipad air2 just doesn't seem as responsive ever since my upgrade.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-23-16 02:12 PM
    best of luck. my ipod 5th gen acts up sometimes, but i always found the home and power button long press eventually got it working.

i don't like os10. my ipad air2 just doesn't seem as responsive ever since my upgrade.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    That's just it! I have my iphone at the electronics repair place, I pick it up tomorrow. They told me that even NEW iphones are having major troubles with ios10. Apple's updates have gotten worse and worse! I talked to 2 neighbours today and my buddy with a new iphone SE has the SAME laggy 5 second "app opening" after pressing the HOME button. And another neighbour who has a blue 5C said now his Facebook doesn't work. I told him it was my Facebook app that I was reinstalling and it jammed my iphone into a state of eternal rebooting.

Now as for my 9900 I am able to text SMS it seems, BUT I have installed different versions of BBM and it starts going to the BBID password page and then it jumps to the "Setting up BBM" screen and it stays there for hours.

I need this BBM to work on my 9900.

Question: I have changed my Blackberry ID password but is there a screen where I can log into my BBID just to make sure it is ok? The alternative is leave the SIM out of the 9900 for a couple hours while the device resets itself.

I am assuming that if I am getting text messages that it is working. I still have to check my emails

10-23-16 04:15 PM
    nope Emails aren't working, just a red X, so there has to be something up with my BBID

10-23-16 04:16 PM
    Maybe it's that disruption of service virus that hit the Internet a few days ago. Sms, iot things were hit hard.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    10-23-16 04:39 PM
    That's just it! I have my iphone at the electronics repair place, I pick it up tomorrow. They told me that even NEW iphones are having major troubles with ios10. Apple's updates have gotten worse and worse! I talked to 2 neighbours today and my buddy with a new iphone SE has the SAME laggy 5 second "app opening" after pressing the HOME button. And another neighbour who has a blue 5C said now his Facebook doesn't work. I told him it was my Facebook app that I was reinstalling and it jammed my iphone into a state of eternal rebooting.

Now as for my 9900 I am able to text SMS it seems, BUT I have installed different versions of BBM and it starts going to the BBID password page and then it jumps to the "Setting up BBM" screen and it stays there for hours.

Question: I have changed my Blackberry ID password but is there a screen where I can log into my BBID just to make sure it is ok? The alternative is leave the SIM out of the 9900 for a couple hours while the device resets itself.

I am assuming that if I am getting text messages that it is working. I still have to check my emails

Regular voice calls and text messages work independently of BlackBerry services. If your emails and BBM aren't working, I would assume it's a BIS/BBID account-related issue. Maybe someone here with BIS experience will have a solution.

Hmmm. Try 'resend service books' just for good measure.
    10-23-16 05:04 PM

My iPhone 6 has been so bad with iOS 10, the phone over heats after playing music for 10 minutes, the battery is dismal now, when i could get a full day out of the phone before, you know whats funny? now the battery in my 9900 lasts longer and i use my 9900 much more daily, i would actually say my 9900 is my daily driver as i only use the iphone for instagram and other social media apps. Apple is terrible with iOS updates and then they wont let you downgrade because you cant use the back up of the phone as it wont be compatible with iOS9, it's such a sick game they play. I count the days until i get my hands on the Priv to replace the iPhone.

10-23-16 05:08 PM

from the email addresses you mean?

10-23-16 05:13 PM
    Maybe it's that disruption of service virus that hit the Internet a few days ago. Sms, iot things were hit hard.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    thats what I was thinking but I read the FB Messenger issue had to do with a connection to Twitter and there would be Spam in the FB inbox in Chinese, I got no problems there.

Someone else I talked to suggested it is because I swap sim cards between 2 devices every couple weeks, but there are people in here who have 5 devices they swap with....

10-23-16 05:15 PM
    My iPhone 6 has been so bad with iOS 10, the phone over heats after playing music for 10 minutes, the battery is dismal now, when i could get a full day out of the phone before, you know whats funny? now the battery in my 9900 lasts longer and i use my 9900 much more daily, i would actually say my 9900 is my daily driver as i only use the iphone for instagram and other social media apps. Apple is terrible with iOS updates and then they wont let you downgrade because you cant use the back up of the phone as it wont be compatible with iOS9, it's such a sick game they play. I count the days until i get my hands on the Priv to replace the iPhone.

Man this is really bad! Apple has to get their software act together! in the 2.75 years I owned this iphone it functioned PERFECTLY, never an issue.

UPDATE: The electronics place called and wanted $35 for wiping my 5C clean. I said "aw c'mon guys, I can get a new iphone SE for $0" on a 2 year contract OR if I trade any old phone in at Bestbuy I can upgrade from the 16GB to the 64 GB Iphone SE for free. They accepted $25 for the repair and I think I will just trade this 5C in when BestBuy gets more 64GB models in.

To fully wipe my iphone clean it says I have to login with Apple ID, incert the sim and THEN I can WIPE the full memory on it, that's what I will do.

10-23-16 05:19 PM
    Regular voice calls and text messages work independently of BlackBerry services. If your emails and BBM aren't working, I would assume it's a BIS/BBID account-related issue. Maybe someone here with BIS experience will have a solution.

How do I resend the service books for BIS? Just go to Service Books, highlite anything that says BIS and click the dotted BB button I assume? ........

10-23-16 05:32 PM
8,754 ... 128129130131132 ...