lol thanks guys

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-26-16 10:59 AM
    That's a good way to be. I will do the same. Next up, finding out about what works and what doesn't without BIS...

Posted via CB10
    haha that was my way of saying I don't know too much about BBID. But I didn't think there was too much to know about it, until I wasn't able to log in with it when my sim card was in the iphone for a while

I'm grateful for Crackberry because of the helpful peeps and friends we make in here but my first instinct when I have an issue is google or check Youtube, usually

David Tyler likes this.
    07-26-16 11:32 AM
    we all know what the little red stickers mean.....

Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    07-26-16 04:31 PM
    Hey there. What sort of annoying problems did he run into?

I switch my single SIM a lot. You may recall some discussion of this issue, earlier in this thread, around switching a SIM from device to device, with or without an adaptor.

Posted via CB10
    Hello, I'm David's friend with the problem switching Sims between Passport and Bold. Whenever I put the Sim in the Bold I don't have any data connection until I call AT&T and have them "activate" the IMEI. When I switch back to the Passport........same thing. Evidently you can't just swap like you can between IOS, Android, and BBOS10

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 05:27 PM
    we all know what the little red stickers mean.....

What happened?
    07-26-16 06:37 PM
    What happened?
    Nothing actually This sticker was red when I bought it in December, but I didn't really notice it at the time. It just goes to show how tough these devices are because at one point it had to have been exposed to water, but if dried properly, does not mean it will have electronic damage.

Ursus Rufus and Frehley like this.
    07-26-16 07:21 PM
    I figured out why the 9900 won't let me login without a Sim card, and it's because of the WhatsApp verification. I just put the Sim card back into the iPhone because I have to go play cough Pok�mon cough with some friends tonight and once you set up whatsapp on the iPhone, the app doesn't verify on the 9900 and therefore won't let you use it even to browse the net.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    07-26-16 08:34 PM
    Hello, I'm David's friend with the problem switching Sims between Passport and Bold. Whenever I put the Sim in the Bold I don't have any data connection until I call AT&T and have them "activate" the IMEI. When I switch back to the Passport........same thing. Evidently you can't just swap like you can between IOS, Android, and BBOS10

Posted via CB10
    Hi David's friend.

OK yes I feel for you, and the good news is this doesn't sound like a SIM problem. The not so good news is that this is a BBOS / BIS / Bold problem. Please read the following, and let me know if it helps.

http://m.crackberry.com/dear-berry-h...s-bes-services

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 08:41 PM
    ... play cough Pok�mon cough
    LOLLLL LMAO

XD

Posted via CB10
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    07-26-16 08:55 PM
    ... The not so good news is that this is a BBOS / BIS / Bold problem. Please read the following, and let me know if it helps.

http://m.crackberry.com/dear-berry-h...s-bes-services
    Right; it's not a SIM problem. acroyle was hoping he'd be able to change phones by swapping the same SIM card back and forth -- not unreasonable, but for the fact that one of the phones is BBOS, so he keeps having to have the SIM re-provisioned whenever he makes a change.

I switch back and forth between a Passport and a Bold, but I have two separate SIM cards, and that costs extra (alas).

Maybe the link can provide some useful information, but unfortunately, there's no way to get BBM with BIS on those BBOS phones.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    07-26-16 09:26 PM
    Yep.

That article is just a basic, helpful run-through of the BIS / BES aspect of BBOS, as well as an itemisation of what still works and what doesn't, on those legacy devices.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 03:16 PM
    Yep.

That article is just a basic, helpful run-through of the BIS / BES aspect of BBOS, as well as an itemisation of what still works and what doesn't, on those legacy devices.

Posted via CB10

The article is not entirely accurate for every situation. You can get the browser working on a regular data plan. You may or may not be able to send and receive mms messages, depending on whether the carrier forwards you the correct mms service books. Some do. Others don't. I've posted a lot of information about getting apps working and even writing mms service books here: http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ut-bis-996682/
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    07-27-16 05:20 PM
    Since I can't really use it without adding a line, which I'm not going to do, does anyone want to buy an AT&T branded 9900?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-27-16 05:23 PM
    Looks like I am going to be the last one using a 9900 still
    07-27-16 05:28 PM
    The article is not entirely accurate for every situation. You can get the browser working on a regular data plan. You may or may not be able to send and receive mms messages, depending on whether the carrier forwards you the correct mms service books. Some do. Others don't. I've posted a lot of information about getting apps working and even writing mms service books here: http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ut-bis-996682/

Going to join this thread. Excellent.
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 05:38 PM
    "O beata solitudo
    O sola beatitudo"

Kind of thing?

Heheh

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 05:41 PM
    Since I can't really use it without adding a line, which I'm not going to do, does anyone want to buy an AT&T branded 9900?

Sorry it didn't work out.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 05:45 PM
    My fault for not checking all the details before I bought it

07-27-16 05:46 PM
    We will both be the last 2 9900 users on earth haha, i have at least 2-3 years planned with this phone unless blackberry releases an android running 9900 haha.

anon(9721108) likes this.
    07-27-16 06:10 PM
    We will both be the last 2 9900 users on earth haha, i have at least 2-3 years planned with this phone unless blackberry releases an android running 9900 haha.

LOL how many batteries do you have because I find it even when you order new ones from Amazon half of them are no good because it been sitting in a warehouse for a number of years probably
    07-27-16 06:27 PM
    The one I'm selling Includes: Box, holster, 2 extra batteries (1 unopened), 1 battery charger, unopened charger, USB cable, and headphones, 2 charging docks (1 unopened)

07-27-16 06:33 PM
    LOL how many batteries do you have because I find it even when you order new ones from Amazon half of them are no good because it been sitting in a warehouse for a number of years probably
    I have 2 batteries, the one that came with the phone which i'm still using regularly and the Gold battery which probably has 1400-1500mah in it, i've seen other extended batteries online and one company has a really good rating system on amazon, their battery is 1600mah which sounds more attainable i think. I'm quite happy with the original now that i'm using EDGE (2G) again, i don't have to worry about 2G being stopped in my country because in some places you are very lucky to get 2G and if you're using and iPhone or Android on 2G you're gonna go crazy, it's much slower to the point where nothing works for minutes. I wonder if there's a mini P9981 resurgence too? haha

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    07-27-16 06:50 PM
    The one I'm selling Includes: Box, holster, 2 extra batteries (1 unopened), 1 battery charger, unopened charger, USB cable, and headphones, 2 charging docks (1 unopened)

Wow good package. I'm on Fido, the Rogers network. Hmm I wonder if AT&T still plays nice with Rogers? Used to do so. But I lost track. There's a decade that got in there somewhere. Sheesh.

Anyway. Again, sorry 'bout this.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 10:04 PM
    Wow good package. I'm on Fido, the Rogers network. Hmm I wonder if AT&T still plays nice with Rogers? Used to do so. But I lost track. There's a decade that got in there somewhere. Sheesh.

Anyway. Again, sorry 'bout this.

Posted via CB10
    An AT&T Bold 9900 will work on Rogers and Fido, once it's unlocked.
    07-27-16 11:25 PM
    Not without being unlocked though. Right. Thanks.
    Have already picked up an unlocked 99 for $50 haven't used it yet though. Couple of weeks away.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 11:48 PM
8,754 ... 7576777879 ...