I'm wondering. How easy would it be for Blackberry to create an Android skin that looks like OS 7.
    But it doesn't behave like OS7... I would just get angry expecting it to work a certain way then it doesn't...
    06-25-16 10:11 AM
    Thanks! I'll add that to the table.

To add another account, when you're on the main screen, press the BlackBerry button. Select configuration.

Then hover over (or highlight) your account (under the accounts header), but don't select it. Press the BlackBerry button. You should see the 'new account wizard' as an option.

You know the rest.
    Forgot to mention: you have to use you email address for the user ID
    06-25-16 10:24 AM
    Guys please help me setting up gmail using logicmail. I managed to setup outgoing mail, and I can now send emails. But no matter what I do I can't setup incoming mail. I've used IMAP and POP, enabled IMAP and POP on my gmail settings, but still nothing. I keep getting connection failed unable to open connection.
    06-25-16 10:57 AM
    Guys please help me setting up gmail using logicmail. I managed to setup outgoing mail, and I can now send emails. But no matter what I do I can't setup incoming mail. I've used IMAP and POP, enabled IMAP and POP on my gmail settings, but still nothing. I keep getting connection failed unable to open connection.
    Which email service are you using? LogicMail works with TLS, but not most SSL connections, which limits your options. See this table for a summary. This post discusses a workaround.
    06-25-16 11:29 AM
    Forgot to mention: you have to use you email address for the user ID
    This might be a stumbling block for a lot of users. Good point.
    06-25-16 11:33 AM
    This is my home page. Unable to highlight my account Attachment 402877
    That's a BB10 screenshot :P
    06-25-16 11:43 AM
    No no please! Don't ruin the 9900 with Android! Half the allure is OS7 itself, not just the physical handset design.
    I would take a new 9900, even at the same specs if they could just update the browser and shove in the Q10 camera. Leave it with OS 7.x (where x > 1)
    Agreed! If I never see Android on my Blackberry I won't be crying. As long as the most popular apps can be on it with the updated specs, as you say, then I think they would sell. Keep it "minimalist" with regard to apps by Blackberry and not Android and I think it will be ok for those that still love the PKB but just want a Professional device and not a toy for apps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-25-16 11:51 AM
    Has anyone every noticed that when you have the lock screen on the Q10 that if you hit the keyboard and the screen but not unlock the screen that the screen unlocks? this was always a problem for me if i was carrying something it would hit off the keyboard and turn the screen on and start taking pictures with the camera, now with the 9900 it doesn't do that,it never unlocks if i hit off the keyboard and i love it. I feel it's the small things that really count sometimes.

I like how we can it "A" to lock te screen on the 9900. It just saves that little bit of time insteading of reaching to the top and digging our fingernails into the main lock button.

06-25-16 11:52 AM
    This might be a stumbling block for a lot of users. Good point.
    Those are my settings:
    POP Server: pop.gmail.com
    Use secure connection: SSL
    Port: 995
    username: gs*****@gmail.com
    password: My password

Refresh on startup: Never
    Refresh frequency: 30 mins
    Home screen message count: Inbox
    I've tried many times, but still nothing. Incoming works fine though.
    Last edited by lifeowner771; 06-25-16 at 12:21 PM.
    06-25-16 12:06 PM
    Those are my settings:

Incoming is the hard part! Outgoing should be simple.

Did you enter smtp.gmail.com for your outgoing server?

If not, go into LogicMail, press the BlackBerry button, select configuration, hover on the outgoing server section, press the BlackBerry button, select "add outgoing server" and enter your gmail details with smtp.gmail.com as the server address. Under Use secure connection, choose "TLS." The port should be 587. If that proves not to work, try "TLS, if available."

Then go to the configuration screen again, hover on your gmail pop account, press the BlackBerry button, and select "Edit." There will be a box to select the outgoing server. Choose your gmail smtp account.

After selecting it, press the back button, save, and then try sending yourself an email to see if it works.
    06-25-16 12:28 PM
    Incoming is the hard part! Outgoing should be simple.

Did you enter smtp.gmail.com for your outgoing server?

If not, go into LogicMail, press the BlackBerry button, select configuration, hover on the outgoing server section, press the BlackBerry button, select "add outgoing server" and enter your gmail details with smtp.gmail.com as the server address. Under Use secure connection, choose "TLS." The port should be 587. If that proves not to work, try "TLS, if available."

Then go to the configuration screen again, hover on your gmail pop account, press the BlackBerry button, and select "Edit." There will be a box to select the outgoing server. Choose your gmail smtp account.

After selecting it, press the back button, save, and then try sending yourself an email to see if it works.
    Thanks for the reply. I had already setup an outgoing server. I set it up on the setup wizard alongside the pop server. It still doesn't work. It's really weird.
    06-25-16 03:07 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I had already setup an outgoing server. I set it up on the setup wizard alongside the pop server. It still doesn't work. It's really weird.
    One more thing: it's possible that there's a space at the end of the server name field. I did that once.
    06-25-16 05:09 PM
    One more thing: it's possible that there's a space at the end of the server name field. I did that once.
    Νοpe. No space either. Ugh Too bad my carrier doesn't support bis. Is there any other email alternative to use gmail? Besides browser shortcut.
    06-25-16 05:33 PM
    Νοpe. No space either. Ugh Too bad my carrier doesn't support bis. Is there any other email alternative to use gmail? Besides browser shortcut.
    You could try PicoMail. It should work, and even has a Gmail specific version, but it's Byzantine to navigate. The best advice is, if you can't figure out what to do next, press the BlackBerry button.

The link is: http://www.picowireless.com/wap The BlackBerry Browser would not download the app for me. I had to use Opera Mini.
    anon(4193265) likes this.
    06-25-16 06:04 PM
    Those are my settings:

Refresh on startup: Never
    Refresh frequency: 30 mins
    Home screen message count: Inbox
    Did you create an application-specific password in gmail? If not, look it up. That was necessary for me.

Also, here's another email client that works (but is just a little less clunky than PicoMail -- and not as nice as LogicMail): mujMail - J2ME (Java microedition) email client for mobile devices

You need to download the .jad file on that page to install.
    06-25-16 08:41 PM
    That's a BB10 screenshot :P

Attachment 402902

This is my home screen
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 06-26-16 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Removed photo with personal information
    06-26-16 01:00 AM
    Did you create an application-specific password in gmail? If not, look it up. That was necessary for me.

Also, here's another email client that works (but is just a little less clunky than PicoMail -- and not as nice as LogicMail): mujMail - J2ME (Java microedition) email client for mobile devices

You need to download the .jad file on that page to install.
    Thank you so much! The other options worked just fine! So weird that l can't setup incoming mails on logicmail though! Thank you very much!
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    06-26-16 05:03 AM
    the 9900 is an very awesome blackberry

If anyone wants to unlock one we will do it for free for crackberry members
    06-26-16 06:04 AM
    I'm just wondering if you can change the 9990 into a 9981 by replacing the case and track pad?
    Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-1466941281269.jpg   9900:Resurgence of popularity!-1466941297988.jpg  
    06-26-16 06:41 AM
    Attachment 402902

This is my home screen
    From there (your home screen), press the BlackBerry button and then select "Configuration." If you can't find configuration, press the back button, move the blue bar (the highlighted portion) down over your account name, or inbox, but DON'T select it by clicking the trackpad. Press the BlackBerry button again and look for configuration. I think this is the secret on all LogicMail screens. The options brought up by the BlackBerry button change depending on where the blue bar is. Keep trying until you find configuration.

Then, on the configuration screen, move the blue bar to the accounts section, over your account, and press the BlackBerry button. Look for the "New account wizard." Again, if you don't see it, press back, move the blue bar, and press the BlackBerry button again. Repeat until you find the new account wizard. Select it and you can start to create a new account.

Note: use the "New account wizard" rather than "Add account". The new account wizard will create all three parts of a new account: the identity, the "account" or incoming server, and the outgoing server.

"Add account" creates only an incoming server (POP or IMAP).

Once you get used to the system, you can create the identity, (account) incoming server, and outgoing server separately and then link them on the account configuration page, but it's more complicated.
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 06-26-16 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Removed photo with personal information
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-26-16 08:52 AM
    I'm just wondering if you can change the 9990 into a 9981 by replacing the case and track pad?
    I don't think that will work, the keyboard for the 9900/9930 comes all together (the tool belt and the keyboard are one) it appears that the 9981 keyboard is separate to the keyboard and also the 9981 keyboard is designed much differently than the 9900 keyboard. I'm sure you could get a porsche design for around 400$ if you want it that badly. You could cause some damage to the 9900 by trying to modify it into a totally different model, its like trying to put the 9000 keyboard on the 9900.

06-26-16 08:54 AM
    Things that make you go hmmmm !!
    06-26-16 08:54 AM
    If you google pics of the motherboards, you'll see that they're quite differently shaped, and that the microSD card slots face in different directions. So I think it would be very difficult to make the swap, and maybe impossible (are the keyboard and screen connectors the same?), although I hate to use that word because people can surprise you with their persistence and ingenuity. :P
    06-26-16 09:04 AM
    I like how we can it "A" to lock te screen on the 9900. It just saves that little bit of time insteading of reaching to the top and digging our fingernails into the main lock button.

Thanks for this useful tip! I do wish the bold had hotspot feature because I use this feature weekly. Either way, I am back on my bold and I finally was able to get my gmail to work. Thank you Ralph!

06-26-16 10:24 AM
    Thanks for this useful tip! I do wish the bold had hotspot feature because I use this feature weekly. Either way, I am back on my bold and I finally was able to get my gmail to work. Thank you Ralph!

Bold 9900 has the Hot Spot. I use it regular last weeks. Hot Spot option is available since 7.1 update.

I'm not sure, but maybe some carriers block this option in other countries?
    06-26-16 10:55 AM
8,754 ... 5960616263 ...