It most certainly is 'condoned' bY RIM. The only difference between a leak and an official release is that a leak has not yet been certified by carriers. RIM does not distribute OS's directly to consumers, they distribute them to the carriers.
    Ok. Sorry I thought stuff gets leaked directly from RIM. If not then my mistake and I was wrong to say that. Thanks.
    11-28-11 09:58 PM
    Huh? RIM wrote it and gave it to carrier's to test.

I'll never understand why people can't grasp this.
    Not really a matter of grasping as it is simply a matter of not knowing it in the first place. I thought leaks were from RIM folks. If not then I was wrong. Not "unable to grasp it", just wrong. I can admit that.
    11-28-11 10:00 PM
    funny reading some of these posts.... are some of u guys 12 years old? ha. kthanksbye
    Neromanceres likes this.
    11-28-11 10:08 PM
    Not really a matter of grasping as it is simply a matter of not knowing it in the first place. I thought leaks were from RIM folks. If not then I was wrong. Not "unable to grasp it", just wrong. I can admit that.
    That wasn't directed at you, it was a general statement. Some people won't install leaks because they think there's something inherently wrong with them.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 11-29-11 at 07:35 AM.
    11-29-11 05:48 AM
    Ummm, it's already made it to the public, genius. That's kind of what "leak" implies. Try to have an idea of what you're talking about next time. Thanks for the laughs though.
    An idea...you mean completely misinformed - like you? No thanks - I'll pass.
    Wouldn't want to jump into your gene pool - where arrogance is mistakenly considered to be genius.
    11-29-11 08:37 AM
    An idea...you mean completely misinformed - like you? No thanks - I'll pass.
    Wouldn't want to jump into your gene pool - where arrogance is mistakenly considered to be genius.
    No, I mean have an idea of what the word "public" means. The only one misinformed here is you, public doesn't necessarily mean "official". You should ask Santa for a dictionary. kthanxbye
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 11-29-11 at 08:44 AM.
    11-29-11 08:41 AM
    To clarify, RIM creates many builds of OS's, most of which are to be used internally by RIM programmers and engineers to test functionality and work out bugs. When they deem a build ready, they send it to the carriers for testing and certification. Sometimes, these builds get "leaked" to the public. Just because they are leaked, does not mean that they are official or meant to be in the public's hands. Many builds are never even sent for certiication by the carriers because they are too buggy. Unless they are actually certified by a carrier, they are not meant for public consumption. That, however, does not prevent the public from sometimes getting their hands on a leaked build. Thakfully, there seems to be an endless supply of leaks that come out for us enthusiasts.

Now, if someone would just leak a newer 7.1 build for both the 9900 and the 9810, we'd really be in business!
    11-29-11 02:09 PM
    Carrier certification isn't all that it's hyped up to be, especially when you consider some leaked OS's are made "official" - bugs and all. For example:

Official OS 6.0.0.524 for the Curve 3G 9330 and Bold 9650 from Verizon

Leaked OS 6.0.0.524 for the BlackBerry Bold 9650
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 11-29-11 at 02:26 PM.
    11-29-11 02:18 PM
    Carrier certification isn't all that it's hyped up to be, especially when you consider some leaked OS's are made "official" - bugs and all. For example:

Official OS 6.0.0.524 for the Curve 3G 9330 and Bold 9650 from Verizon

Leaked OS 6.0.0.524 for the BlackBerry Bold 9650
    Agreed. But you also must recognize that many of these early builds that are not certified and are not meant to be leaked are way too buggy for the average user. Doesn't mean that us addicts won't dl and install them, but most average users should not.
    11-29-11 02:41 PM
    ...you also must recognize that many of these early builds that are not certified and are not meant to be leaked are way too buggy for the average user.....
    I agree, even some of the later builds that leak are buggy as well.
    11-29-11 03:15 PM
    here's the screen shot for all those that said i was making this up...i had my font set to georgia...it doesn't occur one other fonts.
    11-29-11 04:32 PM
    here's the screen shot for all those that said i was making this up...i had my font set to georgia...it doesn't occur one other fonts.
    interesting that it only happens on that one font, almost like the cod for that part of the OS didnt compile perfectly right.

either way, .3xx is in testing (internally at RIM, carriers will vary). .74 is oooooooooold
    11-29-11 04:40 PM
    Awesome post! Now who said they didn't believe you? ....oh yeah

OP is wrong...there are NO typos.
    lmao
    11-29-11 04:44 PM
    I had typo's in my installation. I tried different fonts but they still showed up. I reduced my font size from 9 to 8 and now they appear to be all gone.
    11-29-11 05:11 PM
    It most certainly is 'condoned' bY RIM. The only difference between a leak and an official release is that a leak has not yet been certified by carriers. RIM does not distribute OS's directly to consumers, they distribute them to the carriers.
    Um, sure bud.

OSes whether they're for BB or whatever else will be built many times and internally beta tested many times before a candidate is chosen as a gold candidate to be carrier tested and released to the public.

Therefore, in conclusion, you should stfu.
    11-29-11 05:47 PM
    first leak that I have to pass, loaded the os and things started to go wrong for example my bb messages disappeared in a matter of minutes, received a very important message and when i went back to look for it, it was gong , vanished, went back to 540.
    11-29-11 06:02 PM
    it also happened with Times New Roman and BBSanSerif. weird. If I would have just used Chinese encoding I would never know letters were missing. Then again, I wouldn't be able to read it at all.
    11-29-11 07:29 PM
    I had zero install issues, and no typos - period.
    11-29-11 08:20 PM
    The hotspot feature will likely be controlled by an IT policy. It might be blocked by default like carrier billing if you are on a BES. My guess is it will be like the ip modem policy, but with some more options....

Might explain why some folks won't see it.
    11-29-11 09:29 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD