No not on twitter, First time was while I was replying an email and the second time was, while i was adding someone in bbm ...

I am going back to 261 ... too bad battery performance in 296 ... Vodafone DE page in blackberry.com also removed it ....
    I have since gone back to where I purchased my 9900 and gotten a replacement device. I have reverted back to the official out of the box OS and the phone still reboots whenever I'm on Twitter. Sometimes 5 seconds or less into launching the app. It was terrible.

Now, I've had my second 9900 in less than 24 hours and it has happened once already. I'm starting to think it's just a bug of the early OS.

Only consolation is this phone boots up faster than any past device I've had! haha.
    08-15-11 10:49 AM
    Bell 9900 - feeling like this upgrade has improved battery life by at least 20%
    08-15-11 12:11 PM
    Need to search around a little... Proper way of upgrading/downgrading OS:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...er-exe-574814/
    Thanks for the info but I have done a ton of OS loads and never had a problem. This time, the OS just doesn't show up on the list of items. Yes, I did delete the vendor code....strange.

I wonder if anyone has had success on this one in the last day or two....

I did two 9780's yesterday with no issue. Yes, I did delete these after so that the only OS on my computer was the 296 one.
    08-15-11 02:25 PM
    you rebooted the computer after the firmware install?
    Yes. This one puzzles me. That's why I was curious if anyone had updated in the past few days. Maybe file got corrupted...????
    08-15-11 04:24 PM
    Thanks for the advice. But I followed every step and still no luck.
    Tried more than five times and same thing happens...

Need to search around a little... Proper way of upgrading/downgrading OS:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...er-exe-574814/
    08-15-11 04:48 PM
    I just got mine and never really used the Rogers offical .269 and went right to this one. Anyone else not have docs 2 go now or any pdf viewer? Just realised this. No wonder it booted with 245mb. Now stuck at work without laptop or way of putting .269 back on ugh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 08:31 AM
    Docs to go is there on .296 ... had the same on .261 - it's in the application folder on the main screen. Actually just last night I opened a PDF with "PDFtogo". Worked well.

@hazykit - sorry to hear you're having such issues, not sure what's going on there that would not allow you to upgrade properly. Rather strange.
    okay, guess i will wipe with bbsak again when i get home and redownload it. Was gonna go back to Rogers official but if its there i will try this one again. Its odd the youtube app/mobile link didnt download either
    08-16-11 11:30 AM
    If anyone wants it on MutliUpload just shout.
    08-16-11 02:50 PM
    Docs to go is there on .296 ... had the same on .261 - it's in the application folder on the main screen. Actually just last night I opened a PDF with "PDFtogo". Worked well.

@hazykit - sorry to hear you're having such issues, not sure what's going on there that would not allow you to upgrade properly. Rather strange.
    Home and went back in and open app loader and checked all the apps that were missing i mentioned. Guess when i used DM to load it originally i didnt. Its loading up now. Thanks for the help
    08-16-11 05:13 PM
    Any feedback on battery over Rogers official?

08-17-11 01:04 PM
    .296 seems solid except for the phone app crashing while on the phone, only happens every few days, gotta pull the battery to kill the phone call etc.

Everything else is fine on the device though.

I'll chalk it up to it being new software. See what is released in the next couple weeks.
    08-17-11 09:25 PM
    This OS works well. Solid so far.
    08-17-11 10:32 PM
    Lost my App screen like someone pointed out on the .317 leak? Everything seems to work fin though. Used DM to load. It did error for me during the load, but the phone did take the load & booted ok. Will probably try to load again tonight as it was too late last night to start over again. Battery is much better than the .317 leak for me anyways.

08-18-11 11:10 AM
    This one is been killing my battery compared to .261. i am at 50% right now compared to ending my day last night about 10pm with phone calls included at the same percentage.
    08-18-11 12:49 PM
    got mine today from o2 and it came with 296
    08-18-11 05:11 PM
    So far I have found this build to have the best battery life. I had .261 & .317 on. .317 was good, but very hard on the battery. The strange thing I have found so far with OS 7 is the only way I have been able to load an OS is with DM. I cannot get App loader to work with an OS 7 device? Anyone else been successful loading with App loader? Also I now have my app screen back, but had to BBSAK password keeper & BB Maps in? They never loaded when I loaded the OS through DM? I cannot explain why that happened? All seems good though, I'll let the OS settle in now & see where it takes me. Loving this device so far.
    08-19-11 01:53 PM
    I've got the apploader working alright but the there is something wonky with bbsak and the dm. I basically now just wipe with bbsak, shrink with bb hybrid tools, load the os with the actual exe in the apploader folder and then load the apps manually.

I think the dm and bbsak need some work to function with os7.
    08-19-11 02:42 PM
    I've got the apploader working alright but the there is something wonky with bbsak and the dm. I basically now just wipe with bbsak, shrink with bb hybrid tools, load the os with the actual exe in the apploader folder and then load the apps manually.

I think the dm and bbsak need some work to function with os7.
    How are you getting App Loader to come up for you? I'd like to know for myself. I am on 64 bit Windows 7. Thanks.
    08-19-11 04:06 PM
    I'm on vista 64 - go into programs 86 - common - rim - shared - apploader and click on the exe. I'm on an xp at work right now so i may have missed a folder along the way.
    08-19-11 06:12 PM
    Ok. Thank You. I appreciate that. I will give it a go on my next load.
    08-19-11 07:27 PM
    It didn't want to open app loader at first. Had to download desktop software and it eventually opened.
    08-19-11 07:53 PM
    mine working fine through app loader. was on 261 and then moved to 317. going to try this now as my network continuously keeps fluctuating

hope its not a hardware prob
    08-20-11 07:29 AM
    Guys do you have any idea how to load this on with Mac? I can't manually select the installation file with Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac.

I dont have access to my Windows desktop right now. And I am sort of desperate to try a new build cause my battery life sucks right now.
    08-20-11 08:13 PM
    i just installed this OS (7.0.0.269) and its been fine since. the OS runs fast ( or is it because of the phone's processor?). the battery life is great. the problem is that its doesnt come with wikitude and some of my apps are not available on app world for this OS. e.g.

formula 1
    pattern lock
    share a photo
    smarter wallpaper
    storm slider
    tic-tac-toe
    tweeker

....and worst of all....

whatsapp

08-21-11 12:01 AM
    will this work on a verizon 9930?
    08-21-11 12:04 AM