Hi everyone, a few days ago my bb 9900 started vibrating for no reason.
    It vibrates from the moment I turn it on to the moment I remove the battery!
    When I turn it off it still vibrates (lower) untill I remove the battery!
    Already did battery pull and reinstalled firmware.
    Rim assistance sent it back to me saying that it was oxidate for being immerged in liquid, (not true), so rim is not gonna fix it, what can I do?
    Can someone help me? Someone had the same problem?
    PS: sorry for my english, but I'm italian, I hope you understand what's the problem of my phone anyway, thanks
    07-26-12 04:49 PM
    This is an old thread, but I have a solution which may help someone with this same problem, as I had. The OP stated that "Rim assistance sent it back to me saying that it was oxidized for being immersed in liquid" which is exactly what the problem is -- whether immersed or not, some of the copper pins on the connector for the mem card/vibrator sub assembly have become oxidized causing either no contact or a short between pins.
    1. Take the phone apart as per one of the many guides on the web
    2. find the connector for the vibrator on the main board (near the top) and lift the connector with a spudger.
    3. lightly scrub both the connector and the socket with an old tooth brush or a q-tip dipped in CLR.
    4. Clean off the residue with alcohol and them blow it dry with compressed air (or let it sit).
    5. Reassemble the phone and the vibration should be working as normal.
    11-19-14 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD