- CrackBerry Newbie
- 8 Posts
9900 NFC Tag Tasks Idea's For All
So With NFC_Launcher i though lets throw some ideas of what your best idea using nfc is...get sharing.
my personal one (only have one nfc tag atm) is when im in my bedroom (by my changer) i switch my backlight brightness to 100 (because it looks nice) still going to play around me, but lets see what everyone elses ideas are....
- 10-13-11, 09:50 PM #2
**** Edit: NFCLauncher is renamed to NFCShortcuts
Following are the ideas gathered from alpha testers of NFCShortcuts:
* Touch a tag on the belt to lock BB (regardless of what app is in foreground).
* Touch a tag on holster/belt to change the profile to Silent or Vibrate.
* Touch a tag in the car to send an email to partner saying I am on the way home.
* Touch a tag in the car to toggle (running/not running) Drivesafe.ly app
* Touch a tag in the car to turn on Bluetooth (for handsfree) and then Call partner.
* Touch a tag on the night stand to toggle bedside mode.
* Touch a tag on gym locker to change ringer profile, BBM/WLM status, and open workout playlist in native music player.
* Touch a tag on xbox360/PS3/computer desk to send a message to pre defined friends inviting them to sign in for some online gaming (Call Of Duty, Battlefield, NHL 12, etc)
* Touch a tag as I'm leaving the office to launch the mobile timekeeping app to enter hours for the day.
Some of these ideas are shown in this clip:
Last edited by Vijik; 11-19-11 at 09:41 AM.
- 10-28-11, 02:51 PM #3
Currently have the following:
-Tag on the spine of my door to toggle wi-fi. Turns wi-fi on when I get home and off when I leave
-Tag on my monitor at work to toggle wi-fi to pretty much replicate the home tag with the addition of switching the sound profile to vibrate
-Tag in the car to activate voice dialing
-Tag in the car to toggle DriveSafe.ly
-Tag in my wallet to toggle the radio so when I'm underground on the train I can turn the radio off and then turn it back on when the train comes back above ground. Probably change this to the case of my iPod so the wallet location isn't revealed...
Last edited by dimm0k; 10-28-11 at 02:53 PM.
- 10-28-11, 03:17 PM #4
I have a few, i am looking to add more when the ideas come up
put 2 beside my bed
- one to set my alarm 7:05am, turn on wifi, set to beside mode
- one to set my alarm 8:10am, turn on wifi, set to beside mode
one at my front door at home
- set my profiles to medium so it's not blaring loud, wifi on, bluetooth toggle
one on my steering column of my car
- sets my profiles to Loud, turn off wifi, bluetooth toggle
one on my work laptop
- sets my profiles to phone call only, wifi off, bluetooth toggle
i have gone through most scenarios in my head so the bluetooth toggles should turn it on or off when i need it to
i.e. when i come from my car (BT ON) to my home (toggle should turn it off)
- 10-29-11, 06:36 PM #5
though i have about 30 tags set up, i'll just list the daily use ones.
- Beside my bed (for at night)
Signs me out of Windows Live Messenger, changes my BBM status to busy,exits 5 apps (if they are running) that i wont need while i'm sleeping, change my ringer profile to a custom one, launch BlackCharge
- beside my bed (for the morning)
signs me into Windows Live Messenger, changes my BBM status to available, changes my ringer profile to normal, launches the weather app i use to update it, launches Messages so i can see what i missed while sleeping.
- on my way out of the house.
checks for and exists 3 apps i wont need while i'm not connected to wifi, turns off wifi, makes 100% sure bluetooth is on, makes sure my ringer profile is set to normal (in case i forgot the first "morning" tag).
- on my way back into my home
turns on wifi, launches 3 apps, changes my ringer profile to vibrate only
- CrackBerry Genius
11-12-11, 10:58 PM #6
- 1,623 Posts
So I'm new to this side of tec. How does this work? Do I buy "tags" somewhere and program? Sorry for the newbie questions, but this sounds super interesting for my rogers unlocked on att which HAS nfc. Thanks!
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
- 11-12-11, 11:03 PM #7
As for how the app works, you can setup tags to launch (nearly) any app you want. Or to say toggle bluetooth, wifi etc. You can also use it to make a phone call, etc etc.
If you have ShortcutMe then you can also setup tags to launch any macros you're written in ShortcutMe
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
Also, I bought 6 different sizes/dimensions of tags ranging from penny-ish to business card and they all seem to work just as well (in my opinion)
Last edited by Juggalo20; 11-12-11 at 11:07 PM.
- 11-22-11, 04:29 PM #9
works like a charm, you Genius you!
So now, thanks to you, I have a metal-backed NFC tag on the back of my Playbook to automatically connect the two. Way to go, Genius!
Shortcut Keys: TBT
LaunchAndWait Manage Connections;
NavMoveDown 2; (make sure this is correct number of needed movement before Bluetooth is selected in Manage Connections)
App Name: Macro
If you do a quick, simple check to see if Bluetooth is on (IsBtOn) it eliminates all the guess work and brainpower to remember if BT is on or off. I'm all all about trying to make my life as No-brainer as possible!
Last edited by kauaigirl63; 11-22-11 at 04:57 PM.
- 12-03-11, 06:48 PM #12
- 12-03-11, 07:10 PM #13
- 12-03-11, 07:15 PM #15
- 12-03-11, 07:25 PM #16
- 12-03-11, 08:35 PM #18
- 12-04-11, 04:27 PM #19
Currently all NFCShortcuts users who have contacted us have reported that they can use Mifare Ultralight tags.
4 users have confirmed that they can't read Mifare Classic tags.
Mifare Ultralight tags are much cheaper than Classic ones, so you might not miss something here.
(Rest of your questions are already addressed by Juggalo20)
- 12-04-11, 04:30 PM #20
- 12-06-11, 03:01 PM #25
Last edited by Vijik; 12-06-11 at 03:04 PM.