CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 9900: MP3 playback through stock music app too much treble / too sibilant even with high bit rates

A new 9900 owner.
    Concerned that the mp3 playback quality is poor and far too bright through the stock music app. This is for high bit rate (ranging from 192 upto 320 kbps) files both through headphones and through my car stereo - connected through simple line out from headphone socket.
    Have tried using the EQ settings but none are precise enough to tune out the sibilance and leave a good neutral balance.
    Anyone else experiencing the same or is it just my phone?
    Are there any other music apps I can use with better EQs?
    Thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    t of Beer?

Default Re: 9900: MP3 playback through stock music app too much treble / too sibilant even with high bit ra

dude, I've been complaining about this sort of thing for 2 years now...
    I was spoiled with my W995a SE and other W-series phones that had exceptional audio... I only hope the BB10 hardware takes a priority approach to entertainment... in case they haven't figured it out yet...

So, sorry I can't help but I can empathise...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts

Default 9900: MP3 playback through stock music app too much treble / too sibilant even with high bit rates

Its a lame glitch in the 9900. Not sure if it is OS based. Can anyone confirm if it happens on the Torch? Pretty lame to go from a 9700 that had autofocus and a solid music player to the 9900.

One work around is to quit the music app and start it again after stopping or pausing the music.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

Default Re: 9900: MP3 playback through stock music app too much treble / too sibilant even with high bit ra

I've had this same issue, but it was only if I paused it, or started a song over from the beginning. If I skipped to the next song, it sounded great again. Strange bug.
    CrackBerry Addict

It's an OS bug. If you get a notification while playing music it will change the music output to a very treble (high) sound. You can stop it by pressing stop and restarting the track.

We've been complaining about this bug for a long time.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts

Not sure how thet screwed it up going from OS6 to 7. You think these types of features would be solid in an OS. Now if I get a notification there's no way I would hear it while listening to music or anything else.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have a curve 9370 which came with OS 7 and never encountered this problem until recently. About a month ago, an upgrade to the OS was pushed to my phone...i think its now OS 7.1 or something like that. This issue started for me right after that upgrade. Basically a track will play and then when it goes to the next track the sound will be good for 2 seconds and then turn all high and ear piercingly trebly. Or if you are playing a song and a notification comes in such as a text or email, the notification sounds somehow interfere and will cause the music to get all trebly.

I use this phone for music all the time and in my car, so this was VERY annoying to me because the only way to fix it is to manually move around tracks and then they play fine...between EVERY song though..so annoying. So I was doing research on how to re-install the operating system with no luck.

And then....., I SOLVED THIS PROBLEM ON MY OWN BY FOLLOWING THE BELOW STEPS!!!!!!:
    1) Remove battery from phone.
    2) Remove micro SD card from phone.
    3) Re-insert battery into phone and let it fully boot up until you are on the home screen. DO NOT re-insert the SD card until the phone has booted.
    4) Then re-insert the SD card and wait a few minutes for it to fully load the content to the phone. DO NOT open the music player or any other apps at this time.
    5) After the SD card content fully loads to the phone, you may music player and this will no longer happen.

At least it worked for me...but would be interested if this worked for others.