- CrackBerry User
03-17-2013, 05:54 AM #3
- 14 Posts
My wife started getting this error a few weeks ago with no warning. I formatted the card and no problem for a week...but it is back again.
Does anyone know if this is software related or does other Bold 9900 have issues with the hardware?
The phone is just over a year old.
Posted via CB10
- CrackBerry User
03-17-2013, 06:16 AM #4
- 11 Posts
I had a similar problem with a PNY 32 GB class 10 microSD card in my 9930. After a reboot, it would usually tell me I had some kind of data corruption and prompted me to repair my memory card. It only worked sometimes and never fully restored all my data.
It happened to me with at least 3 different OS versions. Recently, I bought a SanDisk version of the same-spec card. Thus far, it has been smooth sailing. Card brands other than SanDisk can be problematic and be careful buying because there are counterfeiters who sell microSD cards under brand names that become corrupted and break easily. Only buy from reputable stores and beware of ebay sales that are too good to be true. You can always contact your card manufacturer to be sure you have a legit card.
- 03-21-2013, 06:14 AM #6
Usually a corrupt memory card.. Formatting the memory card from the phone should make it useable but the memory card henceforth will be very unreliable. It can corrupt anytime again. Try using an adapter to connect the memory card directly to the computer to try and access all the files if possible.
I suggest you replace your memory card. It can lead to a lot of slowdowns on the phone itself.
- By Atlsker in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 54Last Post: 10-29-2012, 12:59 PM
- By Soco352 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 6Last Post: 06-02-2011, 01:47 PM
- By Msmari in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 11-25-2008, 05:39 PM
- By milawo2000 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-01-2008, 06:41 PM
- By ewood513 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 05-04-2008, 09:12 PM