Haha thats amazing. I had an HTC slider with windows mobile, one of the first sliders. Had it for about two weeks or so, and i lost it in the snow trying to dig out my snowmobile at my girlfriends place...wow how cliche Canadian.. than that spring, i found it just off the driveway, in many many pieces. needless to say, this one did not boot up, it really didnt even look like a phone. Turns out, her dad just got a new snow blower!
    11-01-11 09:48 AM
    Amazing story.

Add this to my post a few weeks ago where my phone was UNDERWATER for 20 minutes, while powered ON and RINGING, came out the water, shook it dry and STILL functional, its safe to say they do seem to be quite tough phones.

PS. My handset did eventually go off to the insurance co to be replaced, not cos it wasnt working, it was, just to be sure that no long term hidden damage was done.

S.
    11-01-11 10:03 AM
    I dropped the heck out of my Tour and it showed very few scratches and dings! Once dropped it on asphalt while I was standing on top of a picnic table using it to find a geocache. I was expecting it to be cracked. Just a small scratch.

Nice story, OP.
    11-01-11 10:46 AM
    As if you would try to flick a hornet with your phone! Isn't there an app for that? Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-11 11:04 AM
    Good story, turned out different to what I expected from reading the title

Certainly looks like your battery door encountered some high speed sliding! For all my gripes with the 9900 (though there are things I love about it) build quality was never one of them. It's a solid slab all right.

Glad your phone is OK and still cranking out the messages!
    11-01-11 11:36 AM
    The very next thing you should have done after that was to hurry to the nearest lotto 649 booth and get a ticket! That was pure luck
    Last edited by BGK; 11-01-11 at 10:57 PM. Reason: poor grammar
    11-01-11 10:55 PM
    you should submit this story to rim PR.
    11-02-11 12:15 AM
    I think you was lucky. If it had slide on the screen side, at least the touch screen could be totally damaged.

But it is amazing that it survived the hit on the road with that speed.
    11-02-11 10:38 AM
    Haha yah i know, i got very lucky, and purchasing a lotto ticket would have probably been a good idea..

Only thing that i noticed over time was my phone was a little buggy, but after doing a bit of research, i removed my sd card, and the phone works perfect!
    11-02-11 02:31 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD