This is just from just 4 9780 user experiences but MEXICO 1 units seemed to have more of a tight keyboard. What i mean is the keyboards seemed to have more recoil/kickback thus making us have to press keypad harder to type. like i said this is coming from a few users so please dont bass me.

What i am concerned with is the 9900! build quality so far especially from mexico1. please leave some feed back
    09-02-11 02:31 AM
    battery life has been terrible and squeaky trackpad and lots of problems for sure
    09-02-11 02:37 AM
    ...not from any in-depth research but rather just reading various comments both here at CB and elsewhere, it seems that the European models (Hungary2) have largely been of a higher standard than the Mexican ones - at least, most Hungary2 owners have appeared a lot happier and have seemingly posted less concerns. Personally, my H2 model has given me no problems at all, either build-wise or (original) OS / battery wise.
    09-02-11 02:55 AM
    mine also hungary 2, no physical faulty at all. and i'm very happy with it just kinda regret bought it too soon, now german release the 9900 QWERTZ for around 520 euros... bought mine from uk the QWERTY one for 600 euros
    09-02-11 03:34 AM
    Im planning on exchanging my phone to hungary made one what does it exactly say on the box would you mind taking a photo?
    09-02-11 03:49 AM
    Honestly...its all BS! They all vary, every single one! I've had 3 9930's from Mexico 5 and every single one has a different color temp for the screen. One is white, one is pinkish white, one is bluish white, etc. One has a squeeky trackpad and menu button, one doesn't, one has light leakage, one doesn't! The end result is this....RIM's build quality is garbage, its the worst I've seen from a company that builds phones. However, the product and platform work really well for what I use it for, and I except it. Its pretty much a trade off! At the end of the day, it doesn't matter where your phone was made, whether it be Canada, Hungary, Mexico 5,4,3,2,1...lol, it just doesn't matter. Only advice I can give is make sure you buy your device directly from the phone company your going to use it on...Reason being,,,U have the availability to do an exchange, or 2, or 3, in order to find one that is up to par and built correctly for the most part....Happy Hunting all!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 04:01 AM
    Honestly...its all BS! They all vary, every single one! I've had 3 9930's from Mexico 5 and every single one has a different color temp for the screen. One is white, one is pinkish white, one is bluish white, etc. One has a squeeky trackpad and menu button, one doesn't, one has light leakage, one doesn't! The end result is this....RIM's build quality is garbage, its the worst I've seen from a company that builds phones. However, the product and platform work really well for what I use it for, and I except it. Its pretty much a trade off! At the end of the day, it doesn't matter where your phone was made, whether it be Canada, Hungary, Mexico 5,4,3,2,1...lol, it just doesn't matter. Only advice I can give is make sure you buy your device directly from the phone company your going to use it on...Reason being,,,U have the availability to do an exchange, or 2, or 3, in order to find one that is up to par and built correctly for the most part....Happy Hunting all!

Yep this guy knows what hes talking about. My first one sqeeked when i pressed the trackpad and second one squeeked when i scrolled with the trackpad and both had diff feel to the keyboard travel. First glided and second was more stiff. No uniforimity in build quality. Sad to say has made me really appreciate my iPhone and its no moving parts design.
    09-02-11 04:08 AM

theres nothing wrong in minimalizing the chance of getting the bad ones. feel free to make a poll which production has the most faulty case. im not saying that all hungary 2 are perfect, but so far very few got any faulty, so your luck is bigger with this build.

@izeng , its written on the box that says : hungary 2, sorry cant take a pic right , the box is at home.
    09-02-11 04:16 AM
    theres nothing wrong in minimalizing the chance of getting the bad ones. feel free to make a poll which production has the most faulty case. im not saying that all hungary 2 are perfect, but so far very few got any faulty, so your luck is bigger with this build.

@izeng , its written on the box that says : hungary 2, sorry cant take a pic right , the box is at home.
    okay thanks im gonna go look for a new one tmr this is really getting on my nerves
    09-02-11 04:34 AM
    I have 4 9900s made in Hungary 3 and they are all perfect! All my previous BlackBerry's were made in Hungary 2 and I never had a problem in build quality with any of them.

You can vote here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-made-640417/
    09-02-11 04:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD