Today my 9900 started acting very strangely whenever I would use the keyboard. I opened memopad to test the keys and I got the following:

q w e r tv yb i$ o p
    a s dx f g h j k l
    z dx c tv yb m n i$

Also when I hit the escape (back) key it returns me to the previous screen but the menu keeps appearing also, like it is doing the escape key and menu key at the same time.

I've pulled the battery and even wiped the OS and reinstalled two different versions, but nothing fixes this very annoying problem. Has anyone else experience this, and is it a hardware or software issue?

BB Bold 9900, made in Hungary, on Etisalat, liquid indicators still white
    04-29-12 07:50 AM
    Hey, you can change out them membrane /button board. Go truesupplier.com or ebay any place and order the button board. Very easy to put in you can pm me or grab my pin from my profile ill walk you thru it if need be.
    04-29-12 08:10 AM
    thanks igotberryfever, I will contact you if I need to replace the membrane. Is this definitely a membrane issue? It seems strange that the "y" key places the characters "yb" and the "b" key also places the characters "yb", also the other errors are repeated elsewhere with the associated keys. Can this be software or definitely hardware?
    04-29-12 01:32 PM
    hi, i also have the same problem with my blackberry 9900. and it really freaks me out.
    anyone can help? thanks
    07-14-12 01:30 AM
    Try an updated software version and failing that l've got an extra keyboard which you can PM me if interested.
    Last edited by mhw100; 07-15-12 at 11:55 AM.
    07-15-12 09:14 AM
    The phones are defective. Why bother repairing it yourself if it can be returned? Unless your trying to help RIM stay in business by repairing it yourself lol
    07-15-12 02:52 PM
    It can take sometimtes too long to be repaired or won't be repaired if the carrier thinks it was abused. Alternatively even if you are returning it, you could wind up getting a refurbished unit not as good as the one you already have. For a $25 and about 5 minutes you can repair a KB yourself.
    07-15-12 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD