Ive had the new bold about a month now and just randomly it has decided that none of the buttons on the keyboard would like to work, so i can only use the touch screen . and when i use the phone in the search bar the letters "mnnnnmmmm" or something similar seem to randomly pop up, this had led me to believe the keys were stuck or something, but ive tried holding them down, etc. and still no luck any ideas? or had this happened to anyone else?
    Thanks in advance.
    12-07-11 05:41 AM
    Have you done a battery pull with the device turned on?
    Has the device been dropped?
    Has the device been exposed to any moisture?
    Has the device has any other physical damage?
    12-07-11 05:43 AM
    try battery pull if that doesnt work, try a battery pull with power on, if that fails reinstall your os if all fails take it to your warranty.
    12-07-11 06:13 AM
    Tried the battery pull and with it being on, sometimes i can begin to use the keyboard for an interval of like 30 seconds to min and then it cuts of and starts writing "nmnmnmnmn". How would one go about taking it back on warrenty? bearing in mind I bought it off amazon.

Also i didnt drop the phone, it was just on the side then i picked it up and it happend. Nor has the device been exposed to moisture or damaged in anyway.

and how would i reinstall my os?
    12-07-11 07:55 AM
    Tried the battery pull and with it being on, sometimes i can begin to use the keyboard for an interval of like 30 seconds to min and then it cuts of and starts writing "nmnmnmnmn". How would one go about taking it back on warrenty? bearing in mind I bought it off amazon.

Also i didnt drop the phone, it was just on the side then i picked it up and it happend. Nor has the device been exposed to moisture or damaged in anyway.

and how would i reinstall my os?
    12-07-11 07:55 AM
    How would one go about taking it back on warrenty? bearing in mind I bought it off amazon.
    Check with Amazon and see what they say.

The problem with buying a BlackBerry from anybody other than a carrier authorized store or BlackBerry is that the warranty service is usually provided by the carrier. If you didn't buy it from them, they are not going to fix it.
    12-07-11 10:02 AM
    My girlfriend had the same problem on her 9700. It was becoming better from time to time but it never got totally solved until she gave it to service and they made a device switch.
    12-07-11 10:31 AM
    OMG.....it is the same thing that happened to my Bold 9900 which I also bought off amazon.
    If your 30 day warranty is up you have to find a place that can fix blackberries, which is what I had to do.
    My blackberry also started typing 'nmnmnmnmnm'. Apparently there was a problem with the touch pad which was slightly raised and affected the keyboard and sometimes the screen. Now my phone works great with no problems.
    Just get a place that fixes blackberries.....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    @trinidoc on twitter
    http://www.sleepydoctordiaries.com
    12-07-11 12:05 PM
    Oh and one more thing I forgot to mention....now I try to not press the trackpad unless I have to.I primarily use the touchscreen and keyboard. I am not in the mood to have problems with this device again for hopefully a lil while.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    @trinidoc on Twitter
    http://www.sleepydoctordiaries.come
    12-07-11 12:09 PM
    May I ask what carriers both of you guys got your berry on because I just got my 9900 from amazon 2 days ago and its from att so idk if this will happen to my precious..
    12-07-11 01:17 PM
    Have you done a battery pull with the device turned on?
    Has the device been dropped?
    Has the device been exposed to any moisture?
    Has the device has any other physical damage?

I know dis post is a bit old, but it happen my bold 9900 has d same problem (keyboard not working) the screen works thou. And Yes, my device was dropped and was also exposed to moisture (not much), how do I fix this please?? Any Idea??? Thank you
    02-21-12 03:30 AM
    Moisture damage is typically not fixable once the damage has been done.
    02-21-12 05:52 AM
    Buy a new bb 9900 keyboard from ebay or somewhere else.
    02-21-12 06:09 AM
    Hi,

Having read through everyone's comments it still doesn't make sense to me why the keypad would stop working all of a sudden.

I am experiencing the same problem on my Bold 9900 which I have had for almost 9 months now. I bought this from Virgin Mobile, so I doubt Amazon has anything to do with it, unless they got a bad batch of phones. Everything was great about this phone. I had absolutely no troubles with my Bold until 2 days ago. I did an OS update last week, whichever was the most recent, I wonder could that be a problem? Could it be that somehow the touch pad has been raised by the device dropping/shaking? I would assume that RIM does some sort of testing on this to make sure it doesn't happen.

In addition to the touch pad, if it has being raised, how come my unlock button does not work? Usually if you press it the screen will light up, whcih does not happen. If I press the mute button the screen will turn on, but what's the point if I can't use my keypad.

I have rebooted the device, it only temporarily fixes the problem for a few minutes (sometimes) and then once again I cannot type.

Anyhow, I will have to take it into a BB shop to get it checked out, love my precious too much. If anyone has any other ideas about it, i'll be glad to hear it. I'll post a solution to my problem once my phone has been fixed.

-Ararat
    04-25-12 12:14 PM
    So just an update to my last comment for anyone who may be having this problem. I took my phone into a BB shop, and I told him the problems I was experiencing. First he replaced the keypad and this did not fix the problem. It would still not type, only sometimes the "nnmmmnnmmm" would show up. Second he said that there is something wrong with the motherboard. He said this is probably due to water damage. The only thing i can recall is walking home while it was drizzling. And even then the phone was not wet, but anyhow... this seemed to be the problem. I was able to get it fixed and it works fine now.

For people thinking about reinstalling the OS... i had tried that too. That did NOT fix the problem. Hence, it is not an OS problem, most definitely a hardware issue. Of course this is unique to my case, and the problem you may have may not be the same. But this is how I was able to fix my problem.
    04-30-12 05:20 PM
    Hi everyone;
    This issue also happens to me. I dont know how to fix it. Actually there is no fixing i think ? İ'm going to give to my warranty. İ'm gonna write the result.

But actually i can't understand the last post. Do you fix it or not ?
    Sorry for my English...
    06-11-12 03:28 PM
    Hi,
    Just wondering did you manage to get this keypad problem fixed, i'm having the same problem now replacing the keypad and os reload don't seems to solve the problem
    10-29-12 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD