Hi,

I have a 9900 Unbranded. For some reason in the dark, not all of my keys backlight works. Is this a problem with the phone itself or the keyboard?

I was thinking to just replace the keyboard (Blackberry Bold Touch 9900 Keyboard With Flex Cable Keypad PCB Black :: keyboard :: Blackberry Bold 9900 :: Blackberry :: Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories,iPhone Accessories & HTC Accessories wholesale Co.)... Do you guys think that should fix the backlight problem?
    09-30-11 09:51 PM
    The led is normally not attach to the keyboard, but to the phone board. Demand for new phone replacement then.
    09-30-11 10:01 PM
    Does anyone know if RIM would replace the device if I bough tit from a third party. It was originally attached to Bell Mobility but I am using it under AT&T (unlocked)?
    09-30-11 10:06 PM
    Unlike with the bold 9700/9780 the keyboard backlight on the 99xx is not attached to the board but to the keypad.
    Its relative easy to exchange the keypad + backlights... did it myself already.

But you would void ur warranty on a brand new device... thats your choice.

On the link your posted i can not see if this just the upper part of the keypad or both keypad + backlight.

Disassemble video
    Last edited by KoreAairlines; 09-30-11 at 10:44 PM.
    09-30-11 10:39 PM
    Does anyone know if RIM would replace the device if I bough tit from a third party. It was originally attached to Bell Mobility but I am using it under AT&T (unlocked)?
    Bell seems pretty sticky if they're phones are unlocked i.e. they void the warranty.
    09-30-11 10:44 PM
    Where did you order your keypad?

Unlike with the bold 9700/9780 the keyboard backlight on the 99xx is not attached to the board but to the keypad.
    Its relative easy to exchange the keypad + backlights... did it myself already.

But you would void ur warranty on a brand new device... thats your choice.

On the link your posted i can not see if this just the upper part of the keypad or both keypad + backlight.

Disassemble video
    09-30-11 11:51 PM
    I bought it on ebay.

I would contact the seller from the link you posted and asked him is the backlight is included.
    10-01-11 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD