Hi all,
    I did a battery pull this morning on my 9900 after the screen was playing up as it came back on i quickly realised things had got worse.
    Not one key works or any side buttons or menu buttons, however the trackpad works but pressing it for clicks does not!

Anyone got any magic solutions for me?

Many Thanks
    11-19-12 05:03 AM
    Also, forgot to add screen works and phone is working but just cant do anything with it now...
    11-19-12 05:04 AM
    Any ideas anyone
    11-19-12 06:16 AM
    Maybe you need to wipe and reinstall fresh OS.Try it and post what happens

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-19-12 06:18 AM
    Try a few battery pulls. If that doesn't work, try deleting the last app you installed/upgraded.

I get the feeling there's more to the story so far posted.
    11-19-12 06:26 AM

I get the feeling there's more to the story so far posted.
    Agreed.

Op, if it really doesn't come back you might want to do a warranty or insurance replacement.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-19-12 06:41 AM
    how long is a battery pull is a good question - is there a good answer

i had been changing a few things between 2 phones - memory card and sim mainly - turned one back on - perfect - turned other on screen was dim - all settings correct - came here and searched - try removing memory card was best advice - did that and no better - obviously that was a battery pull - 20 sec - 30 at most - so pulled battery for 5 minutes and screen now perfect

so was it 2 battery pulls or the longer one - who knows but try it
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-19-12 09:35 AM
    Typically 30secs is the max necessary. If you have a BT earpiece connected, you can hear when the capacitors fully drain. There are a few instances where removing everything for an extended period of time makes a difference.
    11-19-12 09:47 AM
    I have the same problem with my 9930. It started as soon as I upgraded to the Verizon 7.1.0.755 OS version. Every time I reboot, it freezes as yours does. The only "fix" I have found is to plug in the charger for a few seconds (just long enough for it to go to bedtime mode) then quickly unplug the charger. The phone then works fine.....until the next reboot! If anyone has a permenent fix, I would be grateful to hear it!

Thanks
    11-20-12 06:35 AM
    Guys,update from my end for you.

o2 being as good as they are have swapped the handset for a new one, all sorted now.
    The problem did come and go throughout the day and all i did was have it in my pocket so i tihkn there was a hardware fault with it.

Cheers
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-20-12 09:23 AM
    Das good!
    11-20-12 09:33 AM
    Well, I solved this problem on my phone. I was using Easy Lock Pro, and after the upgrade that did not work properly, in addition to the dead phone after reboots issue. So, I finally uninstalled Easy Lock and then reinstalled it. Easy Lock Pro works fine now and this also seems to have fixed the issue of having a dead phone after reboots! So, I am all set now.
    11-20-12 11:09 AM
    Well, I solved this problem on my phone. I was using Easy Lock Pro, and after the upgrade that did not work properly, in addition to the dead phone after reboots issue. So, I finally uninstalled Easy Lock and then reinstalled it. Easy Lock Pro works fine now and this also seems to have fixed the issue of having a dead phone after reboots! So, I am all set now.
    Even more awesome, and not that unusual. 3rd party apps can/will cause conflicts on occasion, and doing what you did often resolves it.
    11-20-12 11:28 AM
    I have 3 apps on my phone and had them since April, put the same ones on this one and a week later it went dodgy so i dont think my case was 3rd party apps.
    11-21-12 01:46 AM
    Thank God! I thought i was the only one with this problem for the past month. Did countless number of wipes and OS re-installs, this keeps coming back. It is very frustrating.

After battery pulls, it is hit and miss if it will work. All the physical buttons go dead except the volume keys. Don't know what to do.
    11-21-12 03:54 AM
    I have the same problem with my 9930. It started as soon as I upgraded to the Verizon 7.1.0.755 OS version. Every time I reboot, it freezes as yours does. The only "fix" I have found is to plug in the charger for a few seconds (just long enough for it to go to bedtime mode) then quickly unplug the charger. The phone then works fine.....until the next reboot! If anyone has a permenent fix, I would be grateful to hear it!

Thanks
    This doesn't work for me. very weird issue, i think it is definitely software related. But Blackberry support says it may be a hardware issue when i called them.
    11-21-12 04:23 AM
    Mine was hardware problem without doubt, ive got the new handset with exactly the same config and apps as before and all is good. Same SD\SIM battery also.
    11-21-12 05:41 AM
    Found a minor work around to correct this issue. When the issue strikes, If I'm on home screen, performing a power off through the icon and switching it back on normally worked for me. But there are few places in the OS where you can't navigate to home screen just using the touch screen. Battery pulls are the last resort.
    11-21-12 11:12 AM
    All of a sudden today my 9900 keyboard gave up. No sign of any other "strange" behaviour but now the only hardware key that works is the trackpad and sometimes the volume keys, but even that is flaky and clicking/pressing does not work. Tried bat pulls. Tried pushing hard down on the buttons around the trackpad, tried smacking the out of it and no changes. When pressing the down volume keys I get either "m"'s or "n"'s. While I was typing this post, I kept hitting the volume, mute buttons and tons of m and n's popped up, and now the entire phone WORKS as it should. Don't even know what to say. The only fluke I can think of is that some rain got down there as it was pouring out today and I was using my phone for a very brief time in the rain. I mean this a BB, its built for us people that do, this is the first very weird issue I have had, and I have been using BB for 7 years. #BB10BELIEVE - Good luck everyone with this weird issue.
    Last edited by kevinalbersBC; 12-01-12 at 09:20 PM.
    12-01-12 09:06 PM
    BlackBerry or not, it's still an electronic device. You'll have issues everytime it is humid now, unless you take the phone apart, and clean the contacts on the membrane and the board.
    12-01-12 09:15 PM