Hello, i have a problem with registering to gmail- mail is working with no problem, but when i try to start sync after marking it in my provider's BIS site i cannot verify password. Once after marking sync to contacts and calendar i receive message with verify password button, and when i click it my blackberry is going to home screen and nothing happens. One more problem is that there in no email account setting icon in setup folder. I tryed to install it ( bb email setup) with BB desktop but nothing again. My firmware is 7.1.0.794 - latest by china unicom. Please help i'm trying to fix this 2 days. Thanks in advance.
    01-07-13 02:10 PM
    by chance do you have two authentication set up on your gmail acct? you would need to add the device in the section before this will work
    tomyos likes this.
    01-07-13 05:36 PM
    tbh i think im having this problem i seen that people was having delays and problems so i sent my self 3 emails to my device with is registerd with it and out of the three only got 1 dunno whats going on with google but they better fix it!!
    01-07-13 05:41 PM
    I'm not sure that clearly understand that. Please explain how to do it.
    01-07-13 05:58 PM
    Sorry, but i think that this is not problem with google. My other blackberry is working with no any single ploblem. This 9900 once connected to BIS hides its stupid email setup icon, and there is no chance to complete security validation. There is no SYNC service book, because i can't verify password even with the button in message received at bis site registration.
    01-07-13 06:06 PM
    Sorry, but i think that this is not problem with google. My other blackberry is working with no any single ploblem. This 9900 once connected to BIS hides its stupid email setup icon, and there is no chance to complete security validation. There is no SYNC service book, because i can't verify password even with the button in message received at bis site registration.
    Same problem. In my case, I believe the problem is my service provider using old BIS (I switched service providers in July 2012). At least that is what I think. Not sure.

Have raised the issue with my Service Provider... the 'Technical Support' staff doesn't even KNOW what BIS Sync is (rolls eyes). Tried to seek help from BlackBerryHelp (on Twitter). They suggested that the Service Provider should escalate the Trouble Ticket to RIM and it will be sorted. Followed up on that a few times with my Service Provider and then just gave up.
    Last edited by L o r d R a j; 01-07-13 at 11:21 PM.
    01-07-13 10:59 PM
    tbh i think im having this problem i seen that people was having delays and problems so i sent my self 3 emails to my device with is registerd with it and out of the three only got 1 dunno whats going on with google but they better fix it!!
    Gmail delivery delay is a different issue. It's been going on (for me) for a few weeks now. Annoying as ****!
    All other emails ids on my BlackBerry are working fine. Just the Gmail ids experiencing a delay. At times as long as 4 hrs!
    01-07-13 11:23 PM
    Is there other people with same problem? Please tell how to fix this or other way to sync contacts with gmail.
    01-09-13 01:15 AM