So I was looking to buy extra batteries for my 9900 because most of the time I do end up draining a fully charged battery throughout the day with regular use. I also keep several apps and IMs on and talk at least a couple hours everyday.

However in my search for good JM1 batteries I bumped into these "extended batteries".

The pictures look confusing and I was wondering if these actually work, if so, how do they work exactly?

Are they reliable and should I buy one?

Blackberry Bold 9900 3500mAh Extended Battery With Battery Cover :: Blackberry :: Battery :: Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories,iPhone Accessories & HTC Accessories wholesale Co.

A 3500mAh battery would be awesome.. almost 3x the battery life of the original 9900 bold battery.

Let me know guys.. if I should get one of these or if I should just buy a couple extra replacement JM1 batteries. They are pretty pricey too imo.
    01-01-12 03:57 PM
    Stick to OEM rather than cheap knock off Chinese rubbish.

or risk your BB and/or face.

Your choice.
    01-01-12 04:43 PM
    For few month running on 1400mah battery, which works great. As I know there are 1500mah and 3000mah batteries working very well with 9900 - of course you need to "clone" them to be recognized by the device.

1400 and 1500 batteries you just use the original back cover, 3000 ones comes with additional back cover as battery is too large. On my opinion it is quite ugly, but I guess it is doing the job well when extra power source needed - business trips etc.

For more informed decision look at the following thread, where you can find detailed info and links.
    Happy New Year

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...al-one-665888/
    01-01-12 06:25 PM
    9900 is already suffering with power management software glitches.
    Better buy OEM battery with RIM.
    Atleast if something goes wrong woth BB you are at safer side.
    01-01-12 09:47 PM
    How does this "battery cloning" work? We didn't have to go through any of this BS with extended batteries for OS 4 and 5... Why won't the extended batterry just work without this pain in the a** process? Looks like another one of RIM's screw ups.
    01-02-12 05:20 AM
    Just a side note- has anyone bought a "Portable Battery Micro USB Charger" or something similar? They sell for around $10 on ebay- how is it?
    01-02-12 06:45 AM
    Is it worth one of these or a 'extended battery'?
    01-03-12 07:48 AM
    Seidio and Mugen are known to be OK brands - I have tried both on several devices and they all worked to my full satisfaction. I would stay away from the "no brand" cheapest versions.
    10-31-12 09:07 AM
    I have a Siedio extended battery and it works well. Does not need to be cloned, the only issues are the size (the new cover and batt stick out an extra 1/3 inch from stock) and your battery indicator won't work with full accuracy (usually you have more batt life than it indicates). It takes longer to charge, but I have not run out of power in a days use with it, fully pounding the 9930 with calls, browsing, mobile hotspot, etc... It runs strong, if you can deal with the weight and size, its worth it in my opinion.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-31-12 09:52 PM
    Can't say I liked my Mugen. It had a bug so I went back to stock.
    10-31-12 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD