Hi all, this is my first post here, I'm not very techy so excuse me. I got a notification that there was a critical update the os on my bold 9900, it promised faster functionality and battery amongst other things.. So I done as it said and updated it which took quite a few hours.. My phone worked perfectly before the update but now it is not working very well at all. My browser takes forever to load pages,and a lot of the time I get a 'no connection, check settings' message even thought I have a full signal and wifi connection. it closes the browser unexpectedly all the time and my phone switches off whenever it feels like.. Certain apps don't work as well, the phone is laggy, my led light flashes when there are no messages.. Bbm and whatsapp are very delayed sending and receiving messages and I get an annoying timer in the middle of my screen all the time.. I have deleted apps to free up memory to see if this helps but nothing seems to work. It is making me very frustrated and I loved my bb until now, I feel like throwing it at a wall :/ does anybody know what I can do to make my phone work the way it used to? Thank you very much in advance.
    01-12-13 01:14 PM
    Did you try another reset after the update. I'm not very familiar with 9900 but it would help if you could tell people what version of the os you are on now. Also now that you are on a new version some apps may also receive some updates when you go to app world.
    01-12-13 01:25 PM
    You might want to do a few battery pulls and clear the cache before it settles down. Mine was a little out of sorts for a few days after the last OS update but it got better.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-12-13 01:41 PM
    Yep, that's my recommendation too. Do a complete data wipe (options > security > security wipe). You will lose all your data but you can back up the important stuff using BB Protect and restore it when you boot it back up and redownload it.
    01-12-13 08:13 PM
    options > security > security wipe
    01-13-13 12:14 AM