Hi guys .. new user .. have done a bit of searching on the forums but not having any luck

here is a copy paste of my post on another forum:

I'm in a bit of a pickle here .. !

Have a Bold 9900. Bought used, so automatically I'm going to have problems in regards to warranty. Okay, well here's a run down on whats happened over the last day. Just before I start though, my 9900 is the rdy71uw 3G 850/2100 model. I believe it is vodafone AU stock. It was running the latest 7.1 release for voda AU/Fiji (sorry don't know the exact number but it is the same version on the BlackBerry website)

Yesterday morning, I pulled my battery out to put my microSD card in. Put the battery back in a couple of minutes later - red blinking light and no screen. Not even kidding. Running latest 7.1 voda au/Fiji release as above. BBSAK couldn't 'catch' the device and talk to it, loader.exe could so I attempted a downgrade to Telstra 7.0.0.579 install. I did this as it seems that its the only OS I have that I can get on to the 9900, other versions sit on 'Reconnecting to JVM'.

Anyway, have 7.0.0.579 installed and managed to get something happening on the phone. My problem now, is that while I have an OS installed, when the BB loading bar disappears and you get to the home screen, it freezes, the trackpad light turns off, something pops up in the left corner of the screen, and the phone reboots. Continually. Cannot upgrade to the Voda 7.1 release - again - freezes on 'Reconnecting to JVM'. Tried on several Windows computers.

Any hope? Suggestions? Throw the thing out and question whether I should buy another BlackBerry?

-------------

Now, I'm sometimes getting an error about not being able to read internal memory or whatever, but the thing just reboots. It's becoming really annoying..

Cheers
    05-18-12 12:02 AM
    Try to connect it via BBSAK and copy the log and try to see where it�s dying. � Remove SIM and memory card and alternate then try to boot. Try booting in safe mode. After inserting battery press and hold back key till device is booted. Try another battery.
    05-18-12 12:23 AM
    Try to connect it via BBSAK and copy the log and try to see where it�s dying. �
    Done, two logs (one w SIM in, one w SIM out); I don't know what to look for in them though, should I upload these?

Remove SIM and memory card and alternate then try to boot.
    Same problem

Try booting in safe mode. After inserting battery press and hold back key till device is booted.
    Again, same problem

Try another battery.
    Don't have access to one yet unfortunately. But it is charging
    05-18-12 02:13 AM
    05-18-12 05:44 AM

Was trying that over the last day but no luck

Would you believe that dismantling the phone then reassembling the phone got it to boot? I'm not even kidding. It sort of fixed one of my other problems too (sound quiet on earpiece and loudspeaker, now loudspeaker is loud and earpiece doesn't work)

! Eh it works thats all that matters
    05-18-12 06:48 AM
    I would have tried removing the media card. Sounds like the problem started when you installed the card!
    05-18-12 07:33 AM
    No matter how cheap, buying a used 9900 without warranty is never going to win the risk/reward sweeps. Too many bad ones out there.
    05-18-12 10:42 AM
    This was a relatively big issue with older OS' on the 99xx (RIM seems to have solved the problem on newer OS').

Search this forum for "bricked" and you will find more threads than you can count, including some where people claim to have reversed the issue.

From what I remember you're only chance is to follow the steps outlined in the 101 posted above (paying special note to removing the battery and plugging the phone when instructed). It's all about timing. Some people tried it 50 times before getting it just right and restoring their phone.

Good luck.
    05-18-12 12:31 PM
    Yeah, I remember reading about a guy that tried and finally got it to connect after a month!
    05-18-12 02:34 PM
    I would have tried removing the media card. Sounds like the problem started when you installed the card!
    I did remove it after the first time I put the battery back in and found out it wasn't booting, didn't make a difference at the time

No matter how cheap, buying a used 9900 without warranty is never going to win the risk/reward sweeps. Too many bad ones out there.
    Mm. Bought used BB's before with no issue .. time to sell this one as 'parts' perhaps

This was a relatively big issue with older OS' on the 99xx (RIM seems to have solved the problem on newer OS').

Search this forum for "bricked" and you will find more threads than you can count, including some where people claim to have reversed the issue.

From what I remember you're only chance is to follow the steps outlined in the 101 posted above (paying special note to removing the battery and plugging the phone when instructed). It's all about timing. Some people tried it 50 times before getting it just right and restoring their phone.

Good luck.
    As you would have read above (or maybe not ) I did manage to get the phone working again - only after pulling the phone apart and putting it back together, and low and behold the thing booted and has been relatively fine since (bar sound problems) - go figure !
    05-19-12 09:15 AM
    Mm. Bought used BB's before with no issue .. time to sell this one as 'parts' perhaps

Well, sorry, but this ain't other BB's. My last two were indestructible battle tanks. This one I'm almost afraid to put in my pocket.
    05-19-12 09:34 AM
    Well, sorry, but this ain't other BB's. My last two were indestructible battle tanks. This one I'm almost afraid to put in my pocket.
    Yep I have to agree have had an 8700 (I think), Bold 9000, Bold 9700 and now the Bold 9900 .. going back to the 9700 as soon as a new screen comes. A shame really but oh well
    05-19-12 09:48 AM
    What worked for me once is when it was stuck in the "Reconnecting to JVM" phase, I quickly unplugged the phone from the USB while the USB was still connected to DM and then re-inserted the USB to the phone and ..... Boom... I continued with the download and no problems. Good luck.
    Last edited by keyhole; 05-19-12 at 10:20 AM. Reason: confusion
    05-19-12 10:17 AM
    hope ur problem is solved man , i had something similar happen , when I was upgrading mine to .392 , I was stuck at the "Reconnecting to JVM" and the screen had some large icon on a grey screen.

I figured the problem was the DM , which continuously tries to read the device, and when doing the installation of the new os , the BB connects/reconnects several times , So, I first killed all the processes of DM , ( there are like 3) , used bbsak to wipe, and restart installation, VIOLA , it worked without problmes
    05-19-12 10:24 AM
    I sent my 9930 back to Blackberry last month. I'm starting to worry because I haven't hear a thing from them about fixing it or replacing it.
    05-19-12 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD