Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 9900 Browser Crashes

I have been using the 9900 for a couple of weeks and I have 2 issues that are annoying me.

1) Randomly when I am browsing I will get a message stating the browser experienced an unexpected error and closes my webpage and prompts me if I want to go back to the page. This happens if there is only one tab open or 6 so I am not sure if its a memory thing. I haven't been able to narrow down specific sites or any other patterns.

2) Whenever the device reboots or I reset it my hidden icons come back. This always happens and I am not sure why.

I am using OS 7.0.0.353. Anyone else experience these issues.
    CrackBerry Master

That sounds odd. Did you get the same errors on .261. If not then you might have a corrupted OS and just need to reload it. If you did then it might be hardware related.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    PIN
    ASK

im running .340 on my 9930 and have same issue with browser
    I can UNLOCK Blackberrys for world wide use with ANY sim! PM me for details
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    PIN
    76A74FF2

Mine crashes every time I visit rebtel.com but its the only site that causes mine to crash, have no idea why. I can't get the Rebtel app now, app world says unsupported device & carrier.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    590 Global Posts
    PIN
    27F0****

i havent experienced the the browser crash but i use to experience the hidden icon issue but it stopped after i "clean" installed .353
    CrackBerry Saviour (1,000,000 posts)
    dont forget to click the "thanks" or "like" button if i helped you or you like what i say.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

I went from.261 to .353 directly as soon as I opened the device.I will try a clean install and see if that helps.

The other thing I have found is when clicking on links even if I am right on top of the link it picks the one below. For example on crackberry when I hit forums and want to select 9900 forum it goes to the 9860. I have to hit above the 9900 to make it work or really zoom in and select. I think I may have a hardware issue or screen calibration issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,777 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin Point Accuracy

I have the EXACT same issue. And I even cleared the cache thinking it was a cache issue. I didn't have this issue on my 9930 [Verizon], rather odd when I started getting it on the 9900 [T-Mobile]...

Quote Originally Posted by naila_nc View Post
    I have been using the 9900 for a couple of weeks and I have 2 issues that are annoying me.

1) Randomly when I am browsing I will get a message stating the browser experienced an unexpected error and closes my webpage and prompts me if I want to go back to the page. This happens if there is only one tab open or 6 so I am not sure if its a memory thing. I haven't been able to narrow down specific sites or any other patterns.

2) Whenever the device reboots or I reset it my hidden icons come back. This always happens and I am not sure why.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts

I'm also seeing the browser crash quite regularly. It tends to happen most frequently when pinch-zooming while the page is still loadkng.

Anyone have a fix yet?

CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mhw100 View Post
    That sounds odd. Did you get the same errors on .261. If not then you might have a corrupted OS and just need to reload it. If you did then it might be hardware related.
    yes... Same problem with .261
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Why would you like to add 26 years old guy?

I had the same problem with 7.1.0.205. Only thing I changed was uncheck Encryption option in Security and since then my browser is working like a charm.
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cgangoli View Post
    yes... Same problem with .261
    Update your OS then
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by naila_nc View Post

yeah I'm having the SAME issue! my browser just keeps crashing multiple times per day. I'm using the latest updated us software .250. pretty much the only thing I was missing from my previous blackberrys was the ability to open multiple pages so I definitely use it a lot on my 9900!

Most recently while I'm browsing my phone will lock, black screen on me, and I'll get the red light of death. It usually just restarts but a few times already I've gotten a white screen then App Error or JVM Error & most recently I just got Error
    CrackBerry Addict

happens to me very rarely on .590 and now on .576, definitely upgrade to a newer version OS and should solve it for the most part.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

Default Re: 9900 Browser Crashes

9900/7.1.0.714 I have the same issue but only when using youtube. I have no idea why. I get to watch the video and when I go back the browser crashbut not all the time.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    I don't use BBM

Default Re: 9900 Browser Crashes

Upgrade OS?
    █║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌║█║▌
    CrackBerry Newbie

my blackberry bold 9900 keeps blinking a red light and d screen won't come on.........help!!!!i have tried removing the battery and putting it back but nothing
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,726 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask for it ;)

Try connecting your bb without the battery in to bb desktop and click update then repair then put the battery back in yu shud be good to go
    CrackBerry User

Default 9900 browser shutdown

Quote Originally Posted by WJF84 View Post
    I'm also seeing the browser crash quite regularly. It tends to happen most frequently when pinch-zooming while the page is still loadkng.

Anyone have a fix yet?

Yes, mine frequently shutsdown especially when loading.
    But no error message, it shutsdown all tabs
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,551 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

This thread is well over 1.5 years dead, the post you quoted is over 3 years old and yet you still fail to add anything of importance to the thread. Congratulations. As for your issue, try a secure wipe, OS update. Other than that, no other options available.
    Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.