I am getting this or the full touch device (Volt?). Also thinking of jumping from Verizon to T-Mobile. I know T-Mobile costs a little less. Plus I suppose the new Bold will use their HSPA+ network and get "4G..ish" speeds.

PLUS.. I am thinking they will "approve" the devices sooner than VZW or ATT.

Anyone move from VZW to TMO on a berry and find any specific differences? Good or bad (other than price)?

Thanks
    06-21-11 08:16 PM
    I am getting this or the full touch device (Volt?). Also thinking of jumping from Verizon to T-Mobile. I know T-Mobile costs a little less. Plus I suppose the new Bold will use their HSPA+ network and get "4G..ish" speeds.

PLUS.. I am thinking they will "approve" the devices sooner than VZW or ATT.

Anyone move from VZW to TMO on a berry and find any specific differences? Good or bad (other than price)?

Thanks
    Yep, and fairly recently. The biggest problem with T-Mo is they have a decent presence in larger metropolitan and suburban areas, but their coverage trails off in rural areas and outside the beaten path. At least, that seems to be the case in Central Florida.

Also for some reason I tend to drop to EDGE inside some buildings, then pop back to 3G when I walk outside. Not al the time, though.

On the other hands, the cost savings are significant, enough so that I decided to take the chance and see how it goes. So far it has been fine for the most part.
    Last edited by raremage; 06-21-11 at 08:59 PM.
    06-21-11 08:49 PM
    you will get UMA on Tmobile
    K. That's the WiFi calling.. Sounds good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-11 11:26 PM
    Also for some reason I tend to drop to EDGE inside some buildings, then pop back to 3G when I walk outside. Not al the time, though.
    The biggest reason for this two fold, one TMO's spectrum is all high band (1700, 1900, 2100, mhz) which isn't as forgiving on building penetration like the 850 mhz bands that are predominant on AT&T and VZNs networks. Reason number two is that the inherent nature of HSPA networks is that on individual cell sites the footprint shrinks a little as traffic on the site increases.

It remains to be seen what will happen to UMA post merger because it is something that at&t doesn't use. Me personally I hope we keep it.

PG
    06-22-11 10:48 PM
    I hope UMA is kept as well.
    AT&T in my area, we just acquired a local regional carrier that had the 850 licenses and they just started lighting those up. Already made huge differences in certain spots in my area.

But yes I hope AT&T holds on to and cultivates UMA as well.
    06-23-11 01:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD