- CrackBerry Abuser
- 319 Posts
9900 Blank screen with working keyboard
Hey guys I don't know if I'm posting this in the right section, but I recently got a screen replacement for my bold (just the faceplate not the full digitalizer) 9900 off amazon. I disassembled the phone and reassembled it with the new faceplate to only figure out that the screen doesn't work =/ the keyboard/trackpad, led light, incoming calls, and everything works but I just keep getting a black screen? It isn't bricked or anything but I checked all the cables and they all are in the sockets I reset the OS and all but still no screen. Any idea on what to do?
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
02-04-13, 10:40 AM #2
- 12,366 Posts
- Optional, but not needed.
The serial number on the back of the LCD probably doesn't match the original one OR you got a knockoff.
Best to go to a repair shop as they'll have the correct screen model/type for your device.Flamers, don't even try, I have my waterhose ready
GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).
My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)
- By Udit Maheshwari in forum BlackBerry Curve 85xxReplies: 1Last Post: 01-11-13, 05:23 AM
- By nitro604 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 5Last Post: 05-23-12, 11:34 AM
- By DJGonzo in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 3Last Post: 04-20-10, 05:15 PM
- By lucywild in forum BlackBerry Curve 85xxReplies: 3Last Post: 02-28-10, 09:41 AM
- By hypershrimp in forum BlackBerry OS 5 & 4.xReplies: 3Last Post: 01-16-10, 09:30 AM