Sorry if this one's been beaten to death but...

Recently dumped my iphone to come back to BB. I have a Google Apps account and simply want to sync calendar and contacts between phone & PC. Sounds simple right? I have done everything everyone has suggested in about 1000 forum threads, including checking "sync contacts & cal" on the BIS, same thing on the phone's Setup system. Have deleted the account on the phone and re-created it, made sure the Sync boxes are checked, blah blah blah. No joy especially with Contacts. Occasionally a Calendar entry will sync which tells me something's not kosher. Email Reconcile also seems to work.

The fact that some things "almost" work drives me nuts. I called BB and they tested to the phone, resent service books, etc and everything checks out fine. I'm running the latest version of 7.1 (.746?)

I'll be going back to Android soon if I can't get this resolved. Too bad too because after several years of iphone I was really happy to return to the elegant simplicity of the BB.

Thanks
    11-06-12 08:10 AM
    Try deleting and then re-creating the BIS account. I had a similar issue and the only way I could get my synch to work properly again was using this proceedure.
    Cheers!
    11-06-12 08:17 AM
    Try deleting and then re-creating the BIS account. I had a similar issue and the only way I could get my synch to work properly again was using this proceedure.
    Cheers!
    Thanks, did that about 5x already. What's weird is when I recreate the mail account on the phone's Setup system, it goes thru all the sync initialization processes and pulls off all the contacts and calendars currently on my gmail account, it just refuses to update (almost) anything after that despite all Sync checkboxes being checked everywhere.
    11-06-12 08:26 AM
    Thanks, did that about 5x already. What's weird is when I recreate the mail account on the phone's Setup system, it goes thru all the sync initialization processes and pulls off all the contacts and calendars currently on my gmail account, it just refuses to update (almost) anything after that despite all Sync checkboxes being checked everywhere.
    Synch may take a couple of yours... In other words, when you add an event o contact in your BB or in Gmail it might take a couple of hours to perform the synch operation. I would try waiting... and see what happens.
    11-06-12 08:53 AM
    did that, waited almost a day with no joy! latest sync actually duplicated all my cal entries but ignored contacts.
    11-06-12 09:19 AM
    I am having a similar issue...with google apps. then i get an email from Blackberry stating that contacts synchronization has stopped...?? I delete the account and re create it on the BB...everything initializes...then about 2 or 3 hours later some time longer...it stops. Wireless sync is checked??
    11-06-12 03:42 PM
    I am trying this: I deleted my google apps account. I made sure the service books for my Google apps account were gone. I have rebooted. Now I am going to try and re add it...
    11-06-12 04:01 PM
    recently i enabled two factor authentication with my google accounts

i had installed a new os on my bb9900, and had issues with calendar, contacts, sync. email worked because i used the special pw from google.com to authenticate a seperate application. to get contacts and calendar syncing properly I had to go into my carrier's provider bis page

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=bell

then I had to put the special 2factor google pw into the email portion of this site. then i had to re-auth on my phone. contacts, calendar, and email all sync perfectly now

the only problem though is in the contacts list, it refers to google as "unknown". it still works fine and syncs perfectly as I tested to make sure. changes made online, update wirelessly to my phone and vise versa. also deletion of contacts sync either way. I think the unknown problem is related to bb protect somehow. oh well, phones working good now, make sure to check

2 factor authentication settings
    11-07-12 02:30 AM
    You have your default calendar and contacts set to that specific account right?

Options->Device->Advanced System Settings->Default Services

I check these settings after every OS change or new account added to my device. I have 5 different email accounts on my device and everything syncs to and from only one.
    11-07-12 10:59 AM
    i also keep having this issue as well... I even switched to a Bold 9900... problem follows... As soon as i register my google apps account, everything syncs, but then when i add a new contact n my BB, i get an email that contacts sync has stopped. I have wireless sync checked and service books are there...
    11-12-12 03:54 PM
    I think i figured this problem out. Here is what I did. I deleted the 3 Service Books for Google apps account: CMIME, SYNC & CICAL. Then I deleted the email account from setup. Then I added the account again... So far so good... I am on AT&T Official 7.1.0.694.
    11-14-12 09:57 PM
    Arthoropod - you solution is very interesting, and I will have to try it. I have tried everything else (I have the same problem as many - contacts and calendar sync down from gmail but not up from the phone).
    But can I ask - when you did this, were all your existing contacts and calendar events unchanged? Nothing got deleted or unassociated in an unfixable way? You were just able to resume as before, and things just got themselves back into sync?
    11-15-12 02:12 AM
    For some time, maybe two three weeks ago, gmail sync first started duplicating many of the contacts, and then contacts and calendar stopped syncing completely.

Have tried everything suggested above, but in the end just "packed" my contacts from gmail and transferred to outlook.com account - at least no problem with contacts sync
    11-15-12 04:07 AM
    All of my contacts & Calendar events stayed on the phone. I will say that when i re added my google apps account, I didnt go into custom settings i.e. change the signature until the initial sync completed. I have been running a full day and not had an issue so far.

Also, make sure you are not using the google apps sync or Google Sync app... the native GMAIL should work fine. I wil say that for the Google Apps account I chose other under setup... I am not sure if this helped or not...
    11-15-12 07:00 PM