Hello, I bought a blackberry 9900 AT&T 4G. I activated BIS on
    my network(etisalat, nigeria) successfully and while the big 4G & bb logo shows*at the top right. My BIS status when checked indicates "not connected". I have*not been able to set up email, use bbm, or any other BIS*dependent apps. What could be the problem.? Thanks.
    01-06-13 02:33 AM
    I had a similar issue with mine.

First is to make sure that Etisalat has enabled BIS for your service number, then your BB should automatically connect to BIS.

Certain Blackberry 9900 phones are not compatible with certain networks (in my example, my BB could make calls but never connect to BIS on Australian carrier Telstra).
    01-06-13 02:40 AM
    Have you tried conected via Wi-Fi, and see if BB logo is next to wifi signal instead of the 4G, then try again. If not try to veryfy with your carrier that you have the service books needed and have them send them to your phone. Also try registering your phone again with the network (options, device, advanced system settings, host routing table, register device) and resend service books from your phone (setup, email accounts, service books).
    01-06-13 03:41 PM
    I had same kind of issue and what did it for me was just to wipe my phone and start again and it worked fine from the I was able to set up email and everything
    01-06-13 03:57 PM
    Have you tried conected via Wi-Fi, and see if BB logo is next to wifi signal instead of the 4G, then try again. If not try to veryfy with your carrier that you have the service books needed and have them send them to your phone. Also try registering your phone again with the network (options, device, advanced system settings, host routing table, register device) and resend service books from your phone (setup, email accounts, service books).
    I could connect to wifi but only the browser works and BIS dependent apps(bbm, Facebook etc) can't connect to Internet.
    01-06-13 04:47 PM
    rign your carrier to see if its activated
    01-06-13 04:51 PM