I am wondering about the 9900 battery .. I have heard from some people its the same as the 9700 and other claim its just bad. Then another story where carriers are giving replacement batteries because its not lasting. I am trying to figure this out, is it the fact that its simply too weak or a bad lot .. or is it something that can be fixed with software

if someone has some solid information about this .. that would be great
    10-13-11 11:35 PM
    Ok. I'll summarized what was on Crackberry forums.

The battery life on the 9700 and 9900 isn't the same. The specs on RIM's website states that 9700 last longer than 9900.

Story about Rogers replacing batteries because its not long lasting is vague. Some people got it replaced, some not but I dont think there is an official statement from Rogers that this is being true. So your battery being replaced depends on your luck with the tech support person.

I do believe that software can help improve battery performance BUT marginal. Don't expect big improvements.

So what I experience so far is that you might need to give your phone a few days to fully determine the condition of your battery. Also, try not to do device transfer to your new 9900. My experience is that its one of the cause of poor battery performance.

If you think your battery is defective, you can try your luck getting your battery replaced. No harm doing it I guess

- Charles
    10-14-11 01:29 AM
    Battery on 9700 = 1500mAh, on 9900 = 1230mAh.

It's obviously weaker on 9900. Cheers
    10-14-11 04:07 AM
    hmm ok , there has been so much chatter about this .. it was really getting confusing lol
    10-14-11 09:03 AM
    Update to the latest OS, and you will see a major improvement in battery life. It is not a hardware problem, it is a software problem. As is to be expected with any brand new device, there is always software glitches. I noticed a roughly 40% increase in battery life by upgrading to the latest OS.

Cheers.
    vx1 likes this.
    10-14-11 09:39 AM

Story about Rogers replacing batteries because its not long lasting is vague. Some people got it replaced, some not but I dont think there is an official statement from Rogers that this is being true. So your battery being replaced depends on your luck with the tech support person.
    I can clarify on carrier's replacing of batteries. There is a known issue, but it is specific to batteries that aren't able to charge (you will see a red X in the battery indicator). This is NOT related to poor battery life. There is no known issue with battery life!

Technically these are the only batteries the carriers are supposed to replace, but the reality is that some support representatives either don't understand or care and are providing replacements to customers who complain about bad battery life.

Hope that helps.
    vx1 likes this.
    10-14-11 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD