I read the reviews and took the gamble. Bought one of the gold batteries and tried it. This is what I have found. 1. NO you don't have to re clone it after the first time. 2. Dont know if it is really 2400 or not but it DOES last twice as long as the original battery. 3. Liked it so much I bought a second one. It also last long. So IMHO it was worth it. LOVE these batteries. Don't know why RIM gave us such a WONDERFUL Bold with such a LOUSY battery. They REALLY need to fix that.
    02-15-12 11:30 AM
    Looks like someone else thinks the same as me.
    02-15-12 06:10 PM
    Would mind running your battery and posting a meterberry (if you have it) screenshot? Or a video of the reboot process so that we can see that you don't have to reclone it? I'm seriously considering this battery because I need to charge my phone by noontime since I'm a heavy user and parts of campus has really poor reception.

Thanks!
    02-15-12 06:36 PM
    I read the reviews and took the gamble. Bought one of the gold batteries and tried it. This is what I have found. 1. NO you don't have to re clone it after the first time. 2. Dont know if it is really 2400 or not but it DOES last twice as long as the original battery. 3. Liked it so much I bought a second one. It also last long. So IMHO it was worth it. LOVE these batteries. Don't know why RIM gave us such a WONDERFUL Bold with such a LOUSY battery. They REALLY need to fix that.

wow im impressed. are you sure it doesn't need to be re-cloned. out of all the aftermarket battery threads i follow everyone said it needs to be re-cloned. my battery makes it through the day but I think it would be awesome to go 2 days on 1 charge. hmmm to buy or not to buy??
    02-15-12 06:36 PM
    Hmm, now I want one. Double life? I can't get to 5pm with out being in the single digits, so anything to get another 4 hrs would be great by me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-15-12 07:29 PM
    Well, with the 6,1 software was bad the battery life... only 10-12 hrs after a full night charge... but when update to 7.1, (.205) is a different battery life: plus 25% !!!
    02-15-12 09:01 PM
    I just bought one on the grounds that 1. if it works then I have a battery that lasts twice as long for only $24, and 2. if it doesn't work then I'll still have a spare battery for only $24. That's a win-win to me and very much worth the gamble.
    Blacklatino and nickthebold like this.
    02-16-12 12:01 AM
    02-16-12 01:07 AM
    Some need to be re-cloned, and some don't. I would make sure the seller of any aftermarket battery was crystal clear on that before spending any money.
    02-16-12 03:15 AM
    For me, the stock and extended batteries go well together using an exteral charger. Yup, I swap 'em when one gets low.

Extended one, even though it doesn't carry the decoding between battery pulls, it's a life saver. I don't have battery draining issues like some have.
    02-16-12 05:50 AM
    I bought this battery on eBay from e-cell here in the UK for �14.95 ($24) including taxes and p&p. The battery doesn't need to be re-cloned, the one-time cloning process takes 10 seconds and the battery definitely lasts longer than the stock JM-1. Probably not twice as long, but certainly 50% longer. What's not to like?

As usual on these forums, lots of people with absolutely no empirical data of their own insist on imposing their view of the world on others who are looking for informed opinion. Perhaps they could start a website of their own and leave the rest of us in peace.
    joski, ayil and papaghanda like this.
    02-16-12 06:11 AM
    Purchased both the 3500 extended battery and the Gold 2400 extended battery. Observation- both last twice as long as original, the 3500 has to be re-cloned upon every reboot and the Gold does not it retains the code.

fabio984 likes this.
    02-16-12 06:17 AM
    I have just bought one from ebay in the UK too.......I hope it works as well as others are saying
    02-16-12 06:40 AM
    thanks guys!
    02-16-12 07:03 AM
    Anyone else get theirs yet?

I ordered mine yesterday.

02-18-12 04:31 PM
    Not sure if this has been posted, but any apps like facebook or score mobile, make sure you have the auto refresh feature turned off. That seemed to help me out.
    02-18-12 10:02 PM
    yeah applications with refresh rates put on low will most likely always drain your battery much more faster.
    it's also on of the first things to check out if you bad battery life.
    02-18-12 10:06 PM
    Sure, here it is: GOLD 2430MAH J-M1 HIGH CAPACITY BATTERY + DECODER FOR BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 9930 | eBay

I guess some other people here on CrackBerry tried this battery, but I dunno how they felt with it.
    Hi Mystic
    I am italian and same Vodafone carrier as you. I have just bougth this battery on ebay and then I'll give everybody my feedback.
    I can not travel for business & crossing fingers... I need to be sure to get any call and receive any email ontime also in the afternoon.
    Hope this will fix my beautiful BOLD 9900, if not I am forced to change device and reset everything on my previous BOLD 9780.

Thanks your suggestions!
    02-19-12 07:59 AM
    i placed an order for one of the "gold" batteries.....giving this one a shot....i tried the other "1500ma" chinese battery and that sucked/failed so hopefully this made in japan battery is better.
    02-20-12 07:01 AM
    im going to order one even though my battery makes it through the day no problem i wouldn't mind being able to go 2 days on 1 charge.

going to wait for a little more feedback from CrackberryCrew before shelling out 25 dollars.
    02-20-12 05:39 PM
    im going to order one even though my battery makes it through the day no problem i wouldn't mind being able to go 2 days on 1 charge.

going to wait for a little more feedback from CrackberryCrew before shelling out 25 dollars.
    When I'll receive it I will post my feedback. Hope it works because I am going to travel for a week.... RIM is still doing a bad job with this device!
    02-21-12 01:24 AM
    awesome agenfil. i just got antsy and bought the battery too. Decided I couldn't wait :O

anyway I'm sure you will receive yours before me so i will await your review too. Let me hope I didn't make a bad decision
    02-21-12 01:53 AM
    Now even I am interested in this battery. I don't even have a battery problem but for 24 bucks, this will come in handy on long summer trips. I will also wait for more reviews to come in because the eBay reviews are very bad and I don't like the tone of some people here on crackberry.
    02-21-12 07:39 AM
    I confirm my 9900 battery life has doubled.
    02-21-12 07:21 PM
    mine shipped today. we shall see.
    02-21-12 09:53 PM
504 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD