9900 - Another "Won't Turn On Please Help"
I've read several other threads on regards to 9900's not turning on, being bricked or nuked and I've followed the advices given on those threads but I want to explain it with my own words because I'm still a little confused as of how my problem is the same as others because of a whole bunch of mixed explanations I've read.
First of all, I don't really know the difference between a Nuked Berry and a Bricked Berry which is another reason why I want to explain the problem myself. If someone could please explain the difference just for general knowledge, that would be great.
**How it began**
- The phone battery died.
- The phone won't turn on.
- The red light blinks slowly, meaning it stays on for a few seconds then it goes off for a few seconds and so on.
- When plugged in to a wall charger, sometimes an icon of an empty battery indicator with a yellow lighting comes up and stays on for a couple of minutes then goes off and then the red light shows up again on and off every other second again. The phone still doesn't turn on.
- The screen always remains black.
- When plugged in to the PC and I open the Desktop manager, without a battery inside the phone, I get an error saying the phone has no battery, it however, allows me to attempt to update but that's a no go as it just begins to disconnect/reconnect.
- If plugged in to the PC and I open the desktop manager WITH a battery in it, it just disconnects/reconnects and never stops and it still bitches that it has no battery in it.
- When attempting to reload the OS, once I start loader.exe and I plug in the phone, it recognized the device and it shows the PIN, it doesn't show "UNKNOWN"
- Whenever I attempt to reload the OS following the instructions on How To Reload OS Nuked Blackberry it always gets stuck at "Waiting for the device to initiate" which is step two of the loader part of the tut then it goes on a disconnect/connect rampage and it gets stuck at "reconnecting to JVM". Placing the battery inside the phone doesn't do a thing, it just keeps disconnecting/reconnecting/
I don't know what to do anymore. I tried using another battery from a brand new 9900 to see if it was the battery but the same thing happened. I also tried to charge my own battery using an external charger and it charged but it made no difference when placed into the device.
No warranty, can't return it to the seller, in other words I'm stuck with the phone.
I'm opened to suggestions.
Considering that I have "wiped" the phone and attempted to reload the OS again, I don't think it has the old OS anymore. I did however, read somewhere on the forum about using the 9900M_PBr7.0.0_rel2290_PL220.127.116.114_A18.104.22.1680 which I downloaded and supposedly installed on the phone and now I'm guessing that's what it has.
Since the phone won't boot, I can't really tell if the OS was loaded.
There is this "fast installer" I found which first Nukes the phone, then wipes it and then reloads the OS but in the end the phone still remains with the same symptoms.
edit: I have attempted to load the latest OS as well using either method but no luck at all.
Last edited by redstarx; 06-19-2012 at 12:52 PM.
- 06-19-2012, 01:00 PM #4
How long have you left it plugged in for? A minute or two isn't going to do it. RIM really needs to fix this battery left to go dead, phone no longer charges or works.Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
the 50K CrackBerry challenge
I've already read so many posts of people having similar problems but I'm get to understand why the my PC can SEE the phone, I can even see the drive under "my pc" and although it's inaccessible and it's asking me to reformat, I can still see it so it's not THAT dead, it just won't freaking boot up. I can even get DM to recognize the phone properly but when I try to update it just goes on the constant reboot cycle with a black screen only.
- 06-21-2012, 03:08 AM #11
On my first BB (tour 9630) 1 time the phone died, and didnt want turn on. so what i did: plug the usb to the computer, and open the blackberry desktop manager. Wait some minutes and he decided turn on. Hope it helps.
- CrackBerry Master
06-23-2012, 04:42 PM #14
- 1,046 Posts
Buddy, I used to have a 9800 and the exact same thing happened to me. Thanks to this following post I was able to sell that cheap, good for nothing device. See if it helps, I'm pretty sure it will.
Reload the OS on a Nuked or Bricked BlackBerry
Originally Posted by Kevin
Last edited by FrankIAm; 06-23-2012 at 04:45 PM.Research in Slow-motion.
- CrackBerry Genius
07-09-2012, 10:59 AM #16Bold 9900 on Vodafone UK running BL Ultimate Hybrid RC15 on Do Co Mo .923 Base and .sfi
- 2,649 Posts
If I've helped or amused you feel free to use the Liked or Thanked buttons
- CrackBerry Abuser
07-09-2012, 11:01 AM #17pin: 280a8807
- 380 Posts
Austin, Texas, USA
Started with a 7510 to a 8830 to a 9630 to a 9700....and now a 9900
- CrackBerry Newbie
11-25-2012, 07:00 PM #19
- 1 Posts
when you say leave it plugged in are you talking about leaving the battery in or taking it out because my bold 9900 wont turn on neither does the little led light comes on, its just not doing nothing, doesn't seem to be any signs of it having life.
I know its not the battery because i have tried it in my aunts phone and it seems to be fine.