Hello,

I've been craving for the 9900 bold but it's probably another 2-3 months for it to come to Belgium.

I was thinking of buying it straight from Amazon.co.uk:

BlackBerry Bold 9900 Sim Free Smartphone - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

It is advertised as "sim-free", does this mean that it's unlocked? I'm new to smartphones (the 9900 is going to be my first smartphone) and I am paranoid about the whole locking issue.

If I take my proximus (service provider here in Belgium) sim card and slot it right into the 9900, will it work immediately?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Pembar; 09-01-11 at 09:21 AM.
    09-01-11 09:13 AM
    Yep sim free means unlocked and unbranded and it should work with your sim card.
    09-01-11 09:33 AM
    cheaper on ebay...
    09-01-11 10:47 AM
    It is here in belgium at least the qwerty version for 525 to 609 from gsmwijzer.be to expansys.be It ll be out this month probably in stores but most likely towards the end of the month any simfree or unlocked phone will work in belgium
    09-03-11 05:00 AM
    Yep sim free means unlocked and unbranded and it should work with your sim card.
    I have a question, have either UK and EU charger in the box sold from Amazon?
    Because I'm from Italy and need the EU charger.

regards
    09-03-11 07:13 PM
    I have a question, have either UK and EU charger in the box sold from Amazon?
    Because I'm from Italy and need the EU charger.

regards
    When I received my blackberry from e2save, it came with a 3 prong normal charger in the uk and a 2 prong one. I'm not sure what you use =/ if it's two prong charger then you should be fine Also if you just have a charger for any standard USB it should charge it.
    09-03-11 07:19 PM
    When I received my blackberry from e2save, it came with a 3 prong normal charger in the uk and a 2 prong one. I'm not sure what you use =/ if it's two prong charger then you should be fine Also if you just have a charger for any standard USB it should charge it.
    Yes I need the two prong charger, I hope this is in Amazon UK box...
    09-03-11 07:26 PM
    Hi mate. I bought it from there. Its sim free which means is unlocked. Comes with UK charger and best of all was made in hungary 2. Solid build not a single issue that most users have found on these forums. Hope this helps. Its pricey but for my piece of mind I know its from a reputable company.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 07:59 PM
    Hi mate. I bought it from there. Its sim free which means is unlocked. Comes with UK charger and best of all was made in hungary 2. Solid build not a single issue that most users have found on these forums. Hope this helps. Its pricey but for my piece of mind I know its from a reputable company.

Confirm that the BB sold by Amazon have only the UK charger and not the EU version (2 prong)?
    09-04-11 01:55 AM
    It comes with UK 3pin and EU 2pin.

09-04-11 04:30 PM
    Thank you jaanu2k ...
    Very helpful for me.
    09-05-11 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD