Ok so I picked up a Black Soft Shell case for my 9930, must say I luv it! One problem, no shot on earth of getting this bad boy into the OEM Leather case..I used to be able to get my 9700 into the OEM case with an OEM silicone case on it. No such luck with the 9930. Even some older cases I have won't work, they're not wide enough! However, I'm wondering if the OEM Bold 9000 case would work, since the width is similar, and the 9000 was good deal thicker! Any ideas people?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 05:46 AM
    I use leather holster that came with my 9930 and I am not putting a case on it at all. I like the feel and weight of the bold just the way it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 05:50 AM
    SeanNYC76, can you hear the phone ringing well with the soft shell case? I have some generic rubber case that the store credited me and it mutes the sound a great deal when ringing! There's no slot for the sound to come through, it covers it. Plus, it hides the Sprint logo, Blackberry logo and model name on the back! I know it sounds kinda petty but I want to be able to see those things plus hear the phone ring. With certain ringtones when you take this case off it's like night and day! I do like the soft feel of this generic case though. How does the soft shell feel?
    Last edited by BBerryIsis; 08-30-11 at 08:04 AM.
    08-30-11 08:02 AM
    I don't have a skin on it yet, but I can almost 100% guarantee that the 99 with Soft-Shell will fit perfectly into the 9000 holster. The leather flexes just enough to allow the extra depth of the case to flex and widen to accommodate the extra width of the 99 w/case. Naked, the 99 positively swims in the 9000 holster. Now, my 9000 holster has been carrying a 9700 w/Otterbox Commuter for 2 years, so it is well-worn and broken-in. It should not take long for the 9000 holster to fit a 99 w/soft-shell.

/JMO
    //YMMV
    ///SLASH! AAAAaaaaahhhhhhh!
    08-30-11 08:10 AM
    The leather holster that came with my 9900 is actually quite sturdy and of good quality it seems.
    08-30-11 08:40 AM
    I use the 9900 with the oem hard case. that doesn't fit in the 9900 case but it fits very well in the 9000 case but the sleeper magnet doesnt work. I think i may just get a otterbox defender. I work on a farm and need the protection, the sleeper function to work.
    08-30-11 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD