I was looking forward to the BB10 launch, but when I saw those things come out with no trackpad and a completely alien interface, forget it.

Before last week, I was using the 9670 flip phone. I bought the 9930 off someone to see what the fuss is all about. The 9670 has a much better camera and is better for one handed typing with its narrow profile, but other than that the 9930 is just fantastic. The keyboard is wonderful to use, it's blazing fast, and it just disappears out of my way when I put it in my pocket. It's also nice to look at, not a black plastic brick. The touchscreen is an added bonus AS AN OPTION for the rare instances that tapping the screen would be quicker than homing in with the trackpad.
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    04-06-14 11:06 AM
    I just can't get rid of my 9900…it just screams BlackBerry. I switch back often from my 9900 to my Q10. I sometimes just don't fill as fulfilled as I did with my 9900. Glad they are keeping around BBOS 7 for awhile now.
    This would be the best articulation of my reasoning to use a/my legacy device.
    Last edited by mrskycar; 04-06-14 at 07:33 PM. Reason: /my
    04-06-14 07:13 PM
    This would be the best articulation of my reasoning to use a legacy device.
    I don't have a Bold but I can speak for legacy users in general, the ones that willingly choose and prefer OS 7... It's a simple, familiar, user-friendly, efficient OS. It does everything I want and need it to do. There's a very authentic Blackberry "feel" to the physical phone itself and the OS
    andy957 and anon(6038817) like this.
    04-06-14 07:29 PM
    As much as I enjoy my Q10, I can't part with my 9900. The trackpad and belt make it more efficient for my purposes and it is just such a beautiful, well-built device. I like the keyboard better as well. If Blackberry releases a device comparable to the Bold 99xx with BB10, I will gladly part with the Q10.
    04-06-14 10:09 PM
    As much as I enjoy my Q10, I can't part with my 9900. The trackpad and belt make it more efficient for my purposes and it is just such a beautiful, well-built device. I like the keyboard better as well. If Blackberry releases a device comparable to the Bold 99xx with BB10, I will gladly part with the Q10.
    I feel the exact same way. I enjoy my Q10, but currently back on my 9900 for awhile, just missed it too much lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-06-14 10:17 PM
    I must say my 9930 is growing on me. A lot. In fact, I've been looking for a good GPS navigation app and a few other "must have" apps because I am seriously entertaining the prospect of switching to it as my daily driver, selling the Z30, and waiting until the Q20 or similar device is released.

The amazing keyboard, toolbelt, and touch screen provide the most versatile, efficient, and intuitive user interface I have ever used on a smartphone.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 via Tapatalk
    04-06-14 10:53 PM
    I must say my 9930 is growing on me. A lot. In fact, I've been looking for a good GPS navigation app and a few other "must have" apps because I am seriously entertaining the prospect of switching to it as my daily driver, selling the Z30, and waiting until the Q20 or similar device is released.

The amazing keyboard, toolbelt, and touch screen provide the most versatile, efficient, and intuitive user interface I have ever used on a smartphone.

It is quite good and being efficient.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 11:00 PM
    I feel the exact same way. I enjoy my Q10, but currently back on my 9900 for awhile, just missed it too much lol.

Great minds think alike. Also, the Bridge function is even better on my 9900 with my PB than on my Q10. I'm using my Bold right now, ha ha. Seriously can't help myself...it's just much more efficient with the trackpad. The swiping gestures on the Q get somewhat annoying and bothersome. I'm glad I'm able to switch back and forth (I enjoy the LTE speed on the Q10 vs regular 4G on the Bold).

04-08-14 02:14 AM
    I actually went to the 9900 after buying the Z10 as my 1st BB phone but after hearing about the phone so much I went out to buy a used bold off eBay. Actually switch btwn the 2 for a few week stretches but enjoy the form factor, sync to desktop outlook, BIS service, macro support(dwld shortcut me), dedicated call end buttons, theme support, convenience key, keyboard, look, speed dailing, and build quality of the bold more than the Z10 BUTTTTTTTTT, the bold is no longer a productivity device ( even OTA calender sync reqs an app or a workaround) but solely a communications device and for that I tend to spend longer amounts of time on the Z10. Whereas I need my PlayBook and bold together to even try and come close to the functionality of the Z10 when it comes to stuff like pdf editing, office documents, multitasking, photo editing, etc. Hopefully the Q20 will adress the gap between the old and new and then BB10 would be amazing imho.
    Last edited by Pradeep Parekh; 04-13-14 at 02:50 AM.
    04-08-14 06:39 AM
    I took the plunge. I'm going to use my 9930 as my primary smartphone for 30 days.

I'm documenting my experience here: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...0-days-921885/

Let's do this!
    04-08-14 04:16 PM
    Keyboard, trackpad + utility belt, the typing experience and precision, the entire look (it just looks so premium and classy).

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    04-09-14 01:35 AM
    Great minds think alike. Also, the Bridge function is even better on my 9900 with my PB than on my Q10. I'm using my Bold right now, ha ha. Seriously can't help myself...it's just much more efficient with the trackpad. The swiping gestures on the Q get somewhat annoying and bothersome. I'm glad I'm able to switch back and forth (I enjoy the LTE speed on the Q10 vs regular 4G on the Bold).

Another Bold 9900/Q10 switcher here as well. Can't let go of my 9900 just yet; I love it too much.

Posted via CB10
    Johberry likes this.
    04-09-14 01:39 AM
    It is a just get it done type of phone. I am completely content with this phone. It pairs nice w/ the nexus7 and hot spot it. I can wait till October for an upgrade. Not sure what I would like next but it will be an other BB. Z30 is what I am leaning towards.
    04-10-14 08:27 PM

I'm not certain what type of GPS Nav app you're looking for, but I suggest checking out BlackBerry Traffic. I have a Curve 9350 and I use BlackBerry Traffic very often. I'm prone to getting lost and this app hasn't failed me yet. It's a little bit of an adjustment from using apps like Google maps (speaking from past experience with a formerly used android and iPhone), but it's quite reliable and very handy
    04-11-14 07:32 PM
39 12