just looking for some input from the community.

i finally used my 9900 in a jeans pocket. and sure as s*** i unlocked the phone by hitting that top button. the bold button granted is waaaaay better than the stupid 9800 button which i downloaded an app to swipe control. i feel this was inevitable on the 9900.

my first thought was try to find the good old hold A/* to lock and A/*+call to unlock like the awesome original bold 9000. i found i could lock the screen this way but not unlock. having skipped all bolds since 9000 for the torch i missed the fact that rim removed this option (apparently?)

my second thought was to password protect on sleep. problem solved right. turns out not so. now my pocket is going through all my unlock chances. i can see the pocket trolls locking my device by going through all ten chances.

so i went to app world and tried to find something usefull and helpfull. theres lots of apps for locking installed apps, messages, pics, etc and ones that assign convenience key options, which i feel will not solve my issue. if i can hit top button i will for sure hit side button.

in the end ive emailed some pattern lock developers. hopefully one will respond with os7 compatibility and 9900/9930 ability.

perhaps a protective case will make the top unlock button more difficult to hit? maybe im missing the good old keyboard unlock option?

thoughts suggestions ideas criticism? i miss my 9000 unlock feature. for now my solution is to go without pants so my phone is always in my hand. not sure where to stick my playbook without pockets though. cant clinch forever. haha. thanks everyone.
    08-16-11 12:09 PM
    I downloaded and tried A+ Pattern Lock for Touch Screens - Sports Theme (Full Version) v 1.5, worked very well on my 9900.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst.../51269?lang=en

Cheers,
    overhere likes this.
    08-16-11 12:40 PM
    thanks oniberry. seems to work. resolution seems a little off but thankfully doesnt effect the ability of the app, just some instructions being whited out but i got the jist of em.
    08-16-11 01:05 PM
    The same for me, but it does the job...LoL

Better than dialing and entering keystrokes though imo.
    08-16-11 01:09 PM
    Very informative. Thanks!
    08-16-11 01:10 PM
    ok so there will be no unlock keys for the 9900 ?
    08-27-11 08:22 AM
    Wear looser pants!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 08:57 AM
    I had a similar problem because I have spinal cord damage (an old combat thing that's come to haunt me as I passed 60 - you guys don't need to hear about that) - anyway, my hands fumble when using small objects, so I could inadvertently touch this or that.
    I purchased Ajani's "Autolock" through BBAppWorld. It's a small footprint and I placed the icon on the HomeScreen on the first row. I have it turn the screen off and lock the phone after 2mins of no input. You unlock it by sliding the little screen slider (I don't know what else to call it) from left to right on the touch screen.
    Might cost about USD 3. If remember there's a trial version either through BBAppsWld or Mobihand's SuperStore.
    I wouldn't use any BB without it. [I used it on my trusty BB9630 Tour, using an obviously different unlocking protocol. The license transfer was flawless.]
    It's saved a load of embarrassing situations, "buttcalls," and unnecessary 'why the heck did I open that F-*ng thing?' type aggravations.
    Good luck
    Don
    Last edited by gortfulcanelli; 08-27-11 at 09:35 AM.
    08-27-11 09:32 AM
    there are so many apps called auto lock, can you give us a direct link please
    thank you
    08-27-11 03:43 PM
    there are so many apps called auto lock, can you give us a direct link please
    thank you
    He said it... Ajani's "Autolock" through BBAppWorld.
    08-27-11 03:57 PM
    It was a huge pain for me for a year of using BB Bold 9900! Now it's solved with Call Lock app from BlackberryWorld. It's free, and makes possible to unlock the screen with "swipe to unlock" thing just like it was in older iOS versions. Get this app for free: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...79803/?lang=en
    08-08-16 05:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD