Considering this phone is clearly the best BB legacy device, it seems a lot of people who went to BB10 devices either went back to the Bold or wished they did. And I know of several people who will never make the jump from the Bold unless tech advancements absolutely make them do it.

I have a Q10 and a Z10 basically collecting dust as I only use them on alternating weekends!

Im curious of others thoughts on the 9900/30 being the best BB ever...?

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930
    09-16-13 11:48 PM
    i think u r right. everyone misses the call, menu, trackpad, back and end buttons
    09-16-13 11:57 PM
    Loved my 9900 but I love my Q10 even more. Cant agree
    revtech, pallox, beamolite and 1 others like this.
    09-17-13 12:02 AM
    Your absolutely correct. I use my 9930 for my principal phone of daily use and my Z10 for home use. I need the physical buttons and keypad for easy and efficient use at work. Until the 9930 becomes obsolete, I will continue using it.

medicdon
    09-17-13 07:39 AM
    I fully agree. I have Z10 but I use daily my Bold 99.. . Best "smart" phone up to day. Fits all my needs!

Posted via CB10
    mkmilan and howards like this.
    09-17-13 01:41 PM
    Fully agree! The combination of keyboard, trackpad & touch screen makes this phone unbeatable for getting things done quickly and efficiently! Best communications device on the market period.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-17-13 02:18 PM
    Pulled the trigger too quickly on selling my 9900 when I got my Z10. If I had to do it all over again, would have kept my 9900. So much more solid & stable than the Z10 in many ways. It met all my needs for work and personal use. Z10 & BBOS 10 took away features that worked just fine IMO.
    09-17-13 02:23 PM
    My 9900 was great, but now I can't live without the Z10. I was skeptical about not having a physical keyboard, but after a quick learning period I think I type faster on the Z (definitely faster than on my old Storm 9500!)

Having had a PlayBook for a number of years, the swipes and gestures felt natural right from the start.
    Bonnie Bonzai and beamolite like this.
    09-17-13 02:25 PM
    I keep saying it. 9900 fused to me. NOTHING compelling 'bout BB10. They removed many features that were important- not to mention the buttons that even Android has PLUS the trackpad. AND my most-used apps not being updated to bb10, SOOOOOOO, there you have it.
    howards likes this.
    09-17-13 02:38 PM
    Your absolutely correct. I use my 9930 for my principal phone of daily use and my Z10 for home use. I need the physical buttons and keypad for easy and efficient use at work. Until the 9930 becomes obsolete, I will continue using it.

medicdon
    I too use a 9930 as my business phone. However my personal device is an iPhone. If I am going to give up the keyboard I am also going to insist on a rich Eco system in return.

The 9900 series is without at a doubt the best legacy BB device. The battery life could be better and if my device had a camera, I doubt I would be happy with it. The screen and keyboard are both fantastic though.

It's only fair to point out that the screen and keyboard of the Q10 are also very nice and, since it runs a far more robust OS, an argue,net could be made that it is the ultimate BB device.
    09-17-13 02:38 PM
    Yes... till z10 came

28/M/SWEDEN -> 2ABA2B4C (NO PEOPLE FROM AFRICA OR ASIA)
    beamolite likes this.
    09-17-13 02:39 PM
    Pulled the trigger too quickly on selling my 9900 when I got my Z10. If I had to do it all over again, would have kept my 9900. So much more solid & stable than the Z10 in many ways. It met all my needs for work and personal use. Z10 & BBOS 10 took away features that worked just fine IMO.
    I feel EXACTLY the same way. I wish I never sold my 9900 when I got this Q10. My only glimpse of hope is 10.2 bringing back speed dial and Hopefully dev API's to use shortcuts.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 02:41 PM
    +1

I have Z10 but always taking my father's Bold 9900 to just feel the old style of BlackBerry!

I would get one again if it worked for uni. Just love the old school Blackberries/BlackBerry's.... 9780-9900

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 02:51 PM
    Yep! I'm going back to a Bold. Tomorrow it comes UPS. I wished I didn't sell mine; however, I purchased the Bold coming tomorrow for less.
    I am not sure if I am going to sell the Q10 or keep.
    I did take the Z10 back when it came out. I returned it in the 14 day window.
    I was fooled by the keyboard on the Q10. I grew to hate it because computers have a track button even without a mouse...hello! I like the old Blackberry Protect that back ups what I want without the stupid LINK which messes up folders on the computer. I constantly call people or hang up on them with the Q10. I could go on. BB should have stayed with the BB individuality instead of copying android format. I had to work like crazy on the Q10. I want a phone that works without effort on my part. I can't wait til Bold Touch comes tomorrow.
    09-17-13 08:48 PM
    Oh so miss auto on and auto off...hope BlackBerry creators read these posts!
    09-17-13 08:50 PM
    Agree the Bold 99xx was the absolute best legacy BlackBerry. But I like the Q10 and have adopted it well. Yes it's missing some extras that the legacy devices had but I guess I would rather have a much more stable Q10. It gets the job done. Trackpad or not (I edited this whole post with the bubble no problems). Speed dial or not (it's there just not exactly the same). Now Z10 may not have been as stable what with random reboots but we are going to compare qwerty devices for now. Q10 is opening up doors. 9900 is as good as it gets. Q10 just keeps getting better. That's how I sees it anyway.

P.S.- I didn't want to let go of my 9900. I still have it. In fact it's right next to me. Charged but turned off. My heart will always be with the 9900 but my head is with the Q10. It's too late. I can't turn back now.
    beamolite and RWB3325 like this.
    09-17-13 11:32 PM
    no argument from me - best ever blackberry I know of currently, and best phone I've ever had. Glad i still have mine on the go!
    09-18-13 06:22 AM
    Agree the Bold 99xx was the absolute best legacy BlackBerry. But I like the Q10 and have adopted it well. Yes it's missing some extras that the legacy devices had but I guess I would rather have a much more stable Q10. It gets the job done. Trackpad or not (I edited this whole post with the bubble no problems). Speed dial or not (it's there just not exactly the same). Now Z10 may not have been as stable what with random reboots but we are going to compare qwerty devices for now. Q10 is opening up doors. 9900 is as good as it gets. Q10 just keeps getting better. That's how I sees it anyway.

P.S.- I didn't want to let go of my 9900. I still have it. In fact it's right next to me. Charged but turned off. My heart will always be with the 9900 but my head is with the Q10. It's too late. I can't turn back now.

Your P.S. statement says it all....."Keep Moving"
    09-18-13 06:31 AM
    I loved my 9900, but I also loved my 1993 Acura Legend LS coupe 6spd when I got it many years ago. The 9900 is and has been obsolete.

Posted via CB10
    byrdbrained and pallox like this.
    09-18-13 09:04 AM
    I loved my 9900, but I also loved my 1993 Acura Legend LS coupe 6spd when I got it many years ago. The 9900 is and has been obsolete.

Posted via CB10
    What he said. Let's keep it moving here folks. I also loved my 9900, but this Zed is the cat's ***.
    Sarek1701, Danny Ocean and pallox like this.
    09-18-13 10:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    Of course there are "new and improved" versions of phones and cars and many have moved to them. You can think an obsolete car is the best ever even though you don't drive one. The question is about the best ever. Just because you don't still drive your 93' Legend doesn't mean it wasn't the best Legend ever.

I think the 9930 is the best phone BB ever came out with. You can argue about the OS all you want but the physical device is certainly the best.
    09-18-13 10:15 AM
    Of course there are "new and improved" versions of phones and cars and many have moved to them. You can think an obsolete car is the best ever even though you don't drive one. The question is about the best ever. Just because you don't still drive your 93' Legend doesn't mean it wasn't the best Legend ever.

I think the 9930 is the best phone BB ever came out with. You can argue about the OS all you want but the physical device is certainly the best.
    Your analogy is flawed. The correct analogy would be, is the Legend the best Acura ever. It isn't. Also, the OS is a part of the device. So to try to take that out of the equation is also flawed. Even so, just in terms of build quality alone the Q10 is better than the 9900/9930. I'm not even sure that I would put the 9900 in front of the 9700 in that respect. The 9700 was bulletproof.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 11:04 AM
    Your analogy is flawed. The correct analogy would be, is the Legend the best Acura ever. It isn't. Also, the OS is a part of the device. So to try to take that out of the equation is also flawed. Even so, just in terms of build quality alone the Q10 is better than the 9900/9930. I'm not even sure that I would put the 9900 in front of the 9700 in that respect. The 9700 was bulletproof.

Posted via CB10
    LoL!! It's your analogy, not mine. I'm the one telling you your analogy is flawed. I don't have an analogy in the mix. LOL........If you think being bulletproof is what makes a phone "the best ever" then just say that but saying that the 9900 is not the best because it's obsolete is completely off base. There are plenty of things that are obsolete that are still the best.

So if you can't take the OS out of the mix because it's part of the device, then you can't say that the size or keyboard or the speaker is the best either since the OS is part of the device?
    09-18-13 12:40 PM
    LoL!! It's your analogy, not mine. I'm the one telling you your analogy is flawed. I don't have an analogy in the mix. LOL........If you think being bulletproof is what makes a phone "the best ever" then just say that but saying that the 9900 is not the best because it's obsolete is completely off base. There are plenty of things that are obsolete that are still the best.

So if you can't take the OS out of the mix because it's part of the device, then you can't say that the size or keyboard or the speaker is the best either since the OS is part of the device?
    Yikes, where do I begin? First of all, "Just because you don't still drive your 93' Legend doesn't mean it wasn't the best Legend ever." This was your analogy, and it was incorrect in the context of "is the 9900/9930 the best Blackberry ever?" It would be "...Doesn't mean it wasn't the best Acura ever."
    Also, YOU were the one who said "but the physical device is certainly the best." My point is if you are simply using "the physical device" as your metric, the 9900 is certainly NOT the best. The Q10 build quality is significantly higher without question. In fact, if you want to focus on physical features:
    Speakers- Q10
    Screen- Q10
    Keyboard- Q10
    Battery- Q10
    Camera- Q10
    I could go on. The bottom line is that about the only thing you could even possibly argue for the 9900 is the trackpad, and that is a pretty subjective statement. And this is just relating to the "physical device" as you put it. Obviously the internals and operating system in the Q10 are miles ahead of the old 9900/9930.
    ahergheligitei and pallox like this.
    09-18-13 03:32 PM
    I will laugh if Q10 sales never eclipse 9900/9930 sales...#bestever

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930
    09-18-13 05:10 PM
113 123 ...