So if I make the leap to the 9930, will the apps that I have purchased transfer to the new device without having to re-buy them?

I have changed devices before, but there was never a major OS upgrade involved.

So, I have paid for:
    Tether
    Docs to Go (it is on sale today and plan to buy it.... if you tell me it transfers)
    File Scout

Those are my main app concerns.
    04-04-12 04:57 PM
    Yes, if you use the same BB ID, you will have the apps for free without a recharge. However, not all apps are supported on OS 7.

DO NOT BUY Docs to Go because it comes free pre-installed with all new Blackberry devices.

I think all the apps you listed there works on Bold 99xx.
    04-04-12 05:05 PM
    Thanks.

I'm not sure what my ID is, but it is probably the same.... will use my same AppWorld user name and such.

Kelton
    04-04-12 05:07 PM
    Thanks.

I'm not sure what my ID is, but it is probably the same.... will use my same AppWorld user name and such.

Kelton
    Yes, when you get your new phone, you can access the App World using the new phone and enter your BB ID (which is your email and password). I think there will be pop up asking do you want all the apps to be transferred to the new device.

I also advice against transferring user preferences from your old phone to the new one using DM back up and restore because this can create a problem. Just transfer the Contacts and may be Calender entries. Omit the restoration of user preferences.
    04-04-12 05:10 PM
    ah ok.

So Docs to Go PREMIUM is free on the 9930?
    04-04-12 05:11 PM
    ah ok.

So Docs to Go PREMIUM is free on the 9930?
    Yes for at least all the Canadian service providers. I think it is free for everyone regardless of where you buy the phone. Someone here from US who use Verizon should support my comment. I cannot say for 100%, but as far as I know yes.
    04-04-12 05:15 PM
    I just checked the Dataviz (docs to go) web site.... it says it does include "premium" with the 9930.

Thanks.
    04-04-12 05:58 PM
    I thought I got some message about Upgrading docs-to-go when I tried using it. Maybe Premium version that I purchased for my prior bb's was moved in the switch devices and did not work properly???
    04-04-12 06:43 PM
    Docs to Go Premium is preinstalled on my VZW 9930 here in the US.
    04-04-12 07:56 PM
    When you get your 9930 go to options/device/BB ID and login with your Appworld email and password. If you do this right after activation it will popup all your email addys and ask passwords for each. You will not have to go to the email setup and start from scratch. Enjoy your Bold!

Some apps required me to email the maker and notify them of my new pin#. But the transition was easier than expected.
    04-04-12 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD