This seems to be a new issue with my Bold, and I'm not sure what the root cause is.

My Wi-Fi is constantly transferring data. It doesn't matter if I'm at home or at work, it's constantly transferring data at slightly greater than 1kB/sec. It doesn't sound like much, but the constant data transfer is killing my battery life. At first I thought it was my work Wi-Fi but now I realize it happens at home as well.

As soon as I turn off Wi-Fi data transfer drops to near zero when not using the phone. I also checked my home router's web activity log, and the only time it shows any activity is if I use the phone, for example to visit a webpage. Otherwise, nothing! It's like a heart-beat connection to the wifi router has gone insane.

Any thoughts?
    03-18-13 05:13 PM
    Did you notice it happening after any application installed ? If yes, then it may be worth getting rid of it.
    If not, then I'd suggest wiping the device, and installing OS fresh, with selective personal data backup recovery, and trying to nail the application responsible for such abnormal behavior.
    03-19-13 07:24 AM
    Did you notice it happening after any application installed ? If yes, then it may be worth getting rid of it.
    If not, then I'd suggest wiping the device, and installing OS fresh, with selective personal data backup recovery, and trying to nail the application responsible for such abnormal behavior.
    Thanks for the reply PiotrJot. I had already thought of that, and deleted the last few applications that I had installed, including DropBox. None of them seem to be the issue, and the funny thing is that it appears to be communication just between my 9900 and the wifi router I'm connected to, not to any external IP's. I'm starting to think my best bet is to simply upgrade the OS.
    03-19-13 08:58 AM