7.1 will not install...
Not exactly a n00b to this....i've done this for various devices over the years and never had any issues.
Problem is I am trying to install 7.1 on my brand new, fresh out of the box (UK) 9900.
I installed this on my other (US) 9900 a few months ago with no issues...
Deleted vendor.xml as usual....ran a search for any others, none found.
All I get when I try to install is this error:
Same error when installing via loader, or via BBSAK.
Cant find any other other vendor.xml files anywhere on the computer (running win7).
I even ran the script on this thread and it found none: VENDELETE.CMD - VENDOR.XML file Remover
To make sure, I tried the same process on another computer (running XP) with exactly the same error.
Tried this for two versions of 7.1 with same results now.
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
05-10-2012, 08:39 AM #2
- 6,140 Posts
Did you accidentally delete the 7.1 OS from your computer? Check Add/Remove Programs and make sure it's there (and it's the only one there). If it isn't, you need to install it. If it is there, I'd suggest ununstalling and reinstalling it and try Apploader again.
New one is orange UK contract supplied, trying to install exactly the same OS as running on the other and gets the error as shown. Ditto when trying the rogers one here: http://crackberry.com/rogers-release...erry-bold-9900
Last edited by MexicanRacoon; 05-10-2012 at 11:16 AM.
- CrackBerry Master
05-10-2012, 06:13 PM #6
- 1,398 Posts
I have seen this from time to time on OS's through the years. Assuming that you do have 7.1 installed correctly, and it sounds to me like you do, the easiest way to deal with this is to completely uninstall any OS and DM software, reboot, reinstall and start the update again. That should work. Make you have the latest DM as well.Z10
Steve - Besadmin
Removed DM, reinstalled (latest version)
Removed 7.1 software, downloaded different version and installed.
Removed vendor.xml . Searched for second file, and there is no other vendor.xml file anywhere on the computer, even in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML, there is just a device.xml
Done all of the above multiple times.
Same error. Constantly
Seriously....wtf. I've done this before multiple times on the 9900, so WTF is going on?
Last edited by MexicanRacoon; 05-12-2012 at 08:02 AM.
- 05-12-2012, 09:24 AM #9
Well here is a way to search for vendor file in a command prompt.
click start,type cmd, enter, cd\ [enter], dir vendor.xml /s /p [enter] let it run, take note of where it finds them and go delete them from those locations and try again.
Anyway. You learn something new every day.
As it turns out, it wasnt a vendor.xml issue (so im not going mad).
Unlike older blackberrys, the 9900 needs a SIM card inserted to update the OS. As it was literally fresh out of the box, I hadnt put the SIM in and had no intention of doing so until 7.1 was installed.....
I just put it in, tried again, BOOM, done and working fine
05-12-2012, 12:40 PM #13
- 19,428 Posts
Tap those feet together and maybe you can leave Kansas!