My clock started blacking out last night. Bedside mode worked fine up until then (I've had the phone about a month). Just did a search and found this thread, so I'm a little late to the party but here's my 2 cents.

I'm running 7.0, not 7.1
    I'm not running any locking apps
    Clock blacks out after maybe 1 minute (not 10 minutes)

What changed: I bought a spare battery and battery charger, started to charge up the spare, and also plugged the phone into the charger before bedtime using a Y connection. At some point the clock started to blank during bedtime mode. Switched back to the old battery, still blanks out.

Frustrating, I just solved my AUX jack problem in my car, expected I'd get at least 24 hours where the device was working properly before any problems struck, but I didn't even get that!
    01-04-12 10:57 AM
    okay - I like to put it on clock but don't have that set when charging. Prior to 7.1 bundle 921 for Torch 9860 The clock would go dark after the 45 seconds I have it set to. I like a dark room, but want to be able to hit my phone and see the time easily. Since 7.1 I can not get the screen to go black when it is plugged in - works fine if not plugged in. I've checked all settings I can think of
    do nothing when charging etc.

Driving me crazy - I've used a bb as my alarm clock for 4 years and first os I've had this issue with

Any thoughts?
    03-19-12 02:54 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD