Does only having some stuff activated in social feeds take up the same battery as everything being activated... ??

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 Device
    03-21-12 11:30 AM
    I only have about 12 RSS Feeds and a few Favorites, I use another SocialScope for my Social Media Needs. It would make sense that the more information you are retrieving, the more battery consumption would be used.
    03-21-12 11:42 AM
    Depending on your carrier (not all carriers install this bloatware), if you've got Amazon mp3 store installed, get rid of that too - it's another big battery hog.

JB
    Any other battery hogs?
    03-21-12 11:46 AM
    I only have about 12 RSS Feeds and a few Favorites, I use another SocialScope for my Social Media Needs. It would make sense that the more information you are retrieving, the more battery consumption would be used.

Lol yeh true... But sometimes these tech things are weird just thought is ask

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 Device
    03-21-12 11:58 AM
    I don't use 'amazon' mp3 but it hogs battery life even though I never touched the icon?
    03-21-12 02:16 PM
    I'm still on 7.0, but I went ahead and deleted Social Feeds anyway. I'll see how that does...I'm so new at all this stuff.
    I noticed the battery hog back when the app first came out (OS 5.0?). So I've always deleted it since then.

I had a friend that complained about bad battery in his brand new 9900. He deleted Social Feeds and almost saw 2x battery life!
    03-21-12 02:27 PM
    For me it is Bebuzz that drains my battery. I love customizing my led and having toasts, but not at the expense of my battery.
    03-21-12 02:40 PM
    For me it is Bebuzz that drains my battery. I love customizing my led and having toasts, but not at the expense of my battery.
    That's interesting because I like to customize everything with Bebuzz and my drain rate is averaging 3.2% per hour. Unless you're getting much better than that.
    03-21-12 02:43 PM
    I am getting much worse! over 10%!
    03-21-12 02:47 PM
    Is that for when you used Bebuzz? Because then I understand why you deleted it. Hope you find battery peace soon
    03-21-12 02:51 PM
    On a 9810 on 7.1.0.284 running the device analyzer for several days the Social Feeds module (rss feeds are removed) doesn't even register on the list of modules with the highest cpu utilization, so I doubt that is the issue....

That means it is using less than 0.16% cpu time (probably a lot less).
    03-21-12 02:54 PM
    Similar to that - there is never really an instance where it's actual lag (ie. the letter shows up multiple times in a row after multiple presses where the letter didn't show up). It's more an instance where if I hit say the "h" button 10 times, it only comes out 6-7 times. It's not too much of an annoyance, since I'm not one to send dozens of emails a day, and honestly, slowing down while I type isn't a huge deal for me. It's just an inconvenience. It started over the weekend, and seems to have improved some, but the issue is still there for certain keys, though not as prevalent (ie. getting 7-8 hits when pressing 10 times vice 4-5 when pressing 10 times).

JB
    Mmm, that's exactly what I'm describing. Maybe I didn't explain it well enough in my comments in that thread. You read my comments, not the original poster's, right?

Could you perhaps post your experience in that thread so we can consolidate the discussion over there? I'm trying to get to the bottom of this issue because it's really annoying for me and it seems to be progressively getting worse. It only appeared right after I upgraded to OS 7.1 so today I will be downgrading to see what changes.
    03-22-12 11:12 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD