Im new but I have a att 9900 and downloaded the rogers 7.1. The desktop manager isnt picking it up to put on my phone and i cant find it anywhere. What am i doing wrong?
    05-11-12 11:03 AM
    Delete the vendor files
    05-11-12 11:04 AM
    where do i find it to delete them?
    05-11-12 11:06 AM
    And if you haven't done so already, after downloading install the OS on your PC.
    05-11-12 11:06 AM
    Search for them, make sure folder options are set to show hidden files.

Or you can find them here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor file

and/or

C:\Users\*your user name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    05-11-12 11:07 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...emover-673344/
    05-11-12 11:07 AM
    Use this... http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...emover-673344/
    05-11-12 11:08 AM
    FYI....

I've nuke my device twice using VENDELETE.
    05-11-12 11:09 AM
    FYI....

I've nuke my device twice using VENDELETE.
    Always worked fine for me.

Just can't see how a vendor.xml file deleting program can nuke a Berry, not saying that it hasn't but could just be a coincidence ?
    05-11-12 11:12 AM
    Always worked fine for me.

Just can't see how a vendor.xml file deleting program can nuke a Berry, not saying that it hasn't but could just be a coincidence ?
    Sounds weird, but it did it to me on two different PC's whenever I changed OS's. Not sure why or how. But wen I remove the vendor files manually, the OS update works flawlessly.
    05-11-12 11:20 AM
    Ok ive remover vendor files and connected to the dm. 7.1 is still not showing up. what now?
    05-11-12 11:25 AM
    Use Loader.exe instead of DM
    05-11-12 11:27 AM
    Ok ive remover vendor files and connected to the dm. 7.1 is still not showing up. what now?
    Try re starting the PC.
    jkf10 likes this.
    05-11-12 11:27 AM
    Try re starting the PC.
    Yeah I was having a headache trying to update.

Eventually I remembered to restart pc and it was in BB DM.
    jkf10 likes this.
    05-11-12 11:32 AM
    wow! ive done all of this and its still not showing a update.
    05-11-12 12:01 PM
    wow! ive done all of this and its still not showing a update.
    Silly questions...

1. Did you uninstall previous OS from PC?
    2. Did you install the OS you are trying to use on the PC?
    05-11-12 12:08 PM
    Nope. How do i do it? thanks
    05-11-12 12:11 PM
    1. Open control panel on PC
    2. Go to uninstall programs
    3. Find device software
    3. Uninstall
    4. Restart PC if you feel it necessary, it is not though (I've done it many many times without)

Now
    1. Install new OS software
    2. Refer to my first post and remove vendor files
    3. Open app loader as Phill_UK said
    4. Restart PC if you feel it necessary, it is not though (I've done it many many times without)

It should now recognize update.

Edit******
    Do your own back up via Desktop Manager prior to updating.
    Last edited by dustanh; 05-11-12 at 12:28 PM.
    05-11-12 12:19 PM
    jkf10: start over from the beginning with phone unplugged.
    Step #1: delete verdor.xml (2) files. (which you did)
    Step#2: download which ever build you want (I used the Mobilicity 7.1.378/zero problems) to your PC.
    Step #3: open (run) file to INSTALL the new update.
    Step #4: Plug in phone and Open DM and do a complete (full) back up including copying any pictures you have on your text/BBM to your smart media card and any license numbers you have for 3rd party apps (DM will also so do one but this is for safety-you can never have too many backups!
    Step #5: Once backed up--(using DM method) click on UPDATE and it should find and show the new version.
    Step#6: click on update and let DM do it's thing. Mine took about 45 mins to complete so be patient. Once done, it should have reinstalled all or most of your AppWorld 3rd party apps and if not, they will be in the "Uninstalled" folder on AppWorld/MyWorld. you will have to go to setup to reinitialize your email and maybe a couple of other things but no biggie. Do a couple of battery pulls and give it a couple of days to set in and you should be up and running.
    PS: sorry for repeats! Thread hadn't reloaded prior to my post.
    If you want to us "Loader" -again follow the back up steps using DM and then click on the Loader file and answer the questions. DM actually uses Loader but DM is easier to use if you aren't real techie. Good luck and this should work. Let us know how it goes.
    PS: apology to Dustanh, thread hadn't updated prior to my post here. Same info only using DM
    Last edited by go1ndr; 05-11-12 at 12:42 PM. Reason: typo
    05-11-12 12:35 PM
    jkf10: start over from the beginning with phone unplugged.
    Step #1: delete verdor.xml (2) files. (which you did)
    Step#2: download which ever build you want (I used the Mobilicity 7.1.378/zero problems) to your PC.
    Step #3: open (run) file to INSTALL the new update.
    Step #4: Plug in phone and Open DM and do a complete (full) back up including copying any pictures you have on your text/BBM to your smart media card and any license numbers you have for 3rd party apps (DM will also so do one but this is for safety-you can never have too many backups!
    Step #5: Once backed up--(using DM method) click on UPDATE and it should find and show the new version.
    Step#6: click on update and let DM do it's thing. Mine took about 45 mins to complete so be patient. Once done, it should have reinstalled all or most of your AppWorld 3rd party apps and if not, they will be in the "Uninstalled" folder on AppWorld/MyWorld. you will have to go to setup to reinitialize your email and maybe a couple of other things but no biggie. Do a couple of battery pulls and give it a couple of days to set in and you should be up and running.
    PS: sorry for repeats! Thread hadn't reloaded prior to my post.
    If you want to us "Loader" -again follow the back up steps using DM and then click on the Loader file and answer the questions. DM actually uses Loader but DM is easier to use if you aren't real techie. Good luck and this should work. Let us know how it goes.
    PS: apology to Dustanh, thread hadn't updated prior to my post here. Same info only using DM
    Step #1 comes after steps 2 & 3
    wolfee48 likes this.
    05-11-12 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD