Hi guys

I bought a bold 9900, it shipped with 7.0.0.261. So I was trying to install this newer OS. Here is the steps I took:

1-Installed OS on PC
    2-Deleted vendor.xml
    3-Opened loader.exe
    4-It said that the OS is not installed on my PC.

I tried this too:
    Did step - > 1 2
    Then I opened BB Boss, shrinked the OS like I like it, and opened loader.exe. When it opened, I press Next. And nothing happens.

Please help me !

I also tried this:

Wiped my device with BBSAK
    Uninstalled the OS, installed it, deleted vendor.xml
    Ran DM, but it still asked me to update to 7.0.0.261.
    12-02-11 04:46 PM
    Hi guys

I bought a bold 9900, it shipped with 7.0.0.261. So I was trying to install this newer OS. Here is the steps I took:

1-Installed OS on PC
    2-Deleted vendor.xml
    3-Opened loader.exe
    4-It said that the OS is not installed on my PC.

I tried this too:
    Did step - > 1 2
    Then I opened BB Boss, shrinked the OS like I like it, and opened loader.exe. When it opened, I press Next. And nothing happens.

Please help me !

I also tried this:

Wiped my device with BBSAK
    Uninstalled the OS, installed it, deleted vendor.xml
    Ran DM, but it still asked me to update to 7.0.0.261.
    try again on another pc!!!
    12-02-11 05:38 PM
    Alright, I will. I'll let you know.

Quick question: Is it possible there is 2 vendor.xml ?
    12-02-11 05:47 PM
    Alright, I will. I'll let you know.

Quick question: Is it possible there is 2 vendor.xml ?
    yes there are sometimes 2 vender.xml , the second one is located here ...

C:\Users\yournamehere\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

be sure to add what ever needs to be added after users .. where i put your name here
    12-02-11 06:51 PM
    or u can use this nice little program also ...

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...emover-673344/
    12-02-11 06:56 PM
    Damm it ! After installing, I realized there is a second vendor.xml....

Edit: I am with Virgin mobile. And I installed the OS from Turkcell, it worked while the second vendor.xml was still there. Now my problem is the following:

Can't setup email. It says to contact my service provider....
    Last edited by Taz.; 12-02-11 at 07:26 PM.
    12-02-11 07:23 PM
    Try a battery pull, leaving it out for about a minute. You probably need the service books sent, which should happen automatically when it connects to the network.
    12-02-11 07:30 PM
    @Taz. . I was using the beta version of 7.0 Desktop Manager. Reinstalled the latest non 7.0 version. When the install started, I noticed a file missing from 7.0(this has happened twice to me) that was requesting to be reinstalled.. After the older DTM was reinstalled, the OS updated fine. My laptop is a Pentium 3 with XP. Can't remember the file, but, it is the same file both times..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-02-11 07:39 PM
    waw.. virgin told me to call RIM lol....

I started telling the agent to push the service books to me, he said wait a second, gotta ask the tech support.. after like 5 mins he goes, sorry, we cant help you, they will call you back in max 2 days. And I NEED MY EMAIL. So my friend told me to do that:

go to virginmobile.blackberry.com (yourcarrier.blackerry.com for other users)
    Login
    Go to Help and press send service books. And boom. Youll get confirmation on your device.

thank you guys
    12-02-11 07:43 PM
    Hi !
    I sorry to bother you with a question you may laugh about ; but where do I find .540 ?
    I really want to try it to solve the battery issue, but I have no idea how to get it. My BB desktop tells me my BB has the latest OS, that is 296, and will not update any further.

Thank you.

Renards,
    Ilona
    12-06-11 02:11 PM
    Hi !
    I sorry to bother you with a question you may laugh about ; but where do I find .540 ?
    I really want to try it to solve the battery issue, but I have no idea how to get it. My BB desktop tells me my BB has the latest OS, that is 296, and will not update any further.

Thank you.

Renards,
    Ilona
    Ilona -

You can find 540 here: 7.0.0.540

check out the link in my sig to get it installed on your Bold.
    12-06-11 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD